Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,438 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. (866 Views)

Seven Years Old Boy Crushed To Death By Reckless Truck Driver / Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja / Auto Crash On Enugu-onitsha Road Claims 2 Lives As 4 Buses & 2 Cars Collide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by adeoladrg(m): 1:12am On Jun 29, 2015
Ogun State crash: On OOU12 and Reckless Journalism.

I woke up yesterday to read the news of OOU students reportedly involved in the forceful collection of dead bodies from the morgue they were kept. The first I did was to be sure which of the media houses published the news. Unfortunately, the rolling bottle fell on Punch Newspapers, began to roll again, then fell on Guardian.

First, when I got to the site of the brouhaha where the corpses where to be collected, I didn't catch the sight of any pressman. No presence whatsoever. I met Dr Deji Agboola, who is the ASUU chairman at OOU. We settled it, collected the bodies, approached the morgue at OOUTH. Still no pressman. So the question is, where did they get their news from?

Secondly, the graphic image the said media organizations put up is blatantly wrong. It is sad, so to say. We have allowed impunity to undermine sensible journalism. The graphic image PUNCH posted, which GUARDIAN dubbed anyways, pictured a truck carrying firewood. Meanwhile the vehicle in question is a trailer. This is so sensitive, so much for comfort. This must not be allowed to disappear into thin air. The whole Olabisi Onabanjo University community is crying for justice. Justice must be served.

Lastly, the painting of the involvement of policemen in the scenario was entirely wrong. These media organizations will be the first to mouth investigative journalism tomorrow. Yet, this was nothing short of abysmal and a total malady. It would pay us for the greater good if these journalists find out the reason the policemen bypassed OOUTH and took them elsewhere. Moreso, those policemen must not go unpunished. Justice must be served.

The above mentioned media organizations had better tightened up their sleeves, because they surely do have questions to answer. We must learn after doing the right things, to do things right.

PANS president.
Olabisi Onabanjo University.
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by adeoladrg(m): 1:13am On Jun 29, 2015
Cc lalasticlala, Obinoscopy.

And Obinoscopy please take down the Bobbler thread from your signature. The surgery was successful and he's fine now. I'm grateful for your help. God bless you much!

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 29, 2015
okay
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by olamikhail(m): 3:47am On Jun 29, 2015
please when will there names be released.i have been trying to get in touch with someone to no avail.going crazy here.
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by drey08(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
I see u adeoladrg
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by adeoladrg(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
drey08:
I see u adeoladrg

Thanks bro. How has your exams been?
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by adeoladrg(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
olamikhail:
please when will there names be released.i have been trying to get in touch with someone to no avail.going crazy here.

What's the person's name?
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by olamikhail(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
adeoladrg:

tnx.no nid.sin d person.
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by Emmaesty(f): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
adeoladrg:

Hey it's Esther
Re: Ogun State Crash: On OOU12 And Reckless Journalism. by adeoladrg(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
Emmaesty:
Hey it's Esther

Cool. I sight you.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Invades Enugu State? / Shocking Photo: Two Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting / Afgan Woman Stoned To Death For "Adultery". (pixelated Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.