Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi (3801 Views)

The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / Meet The World’s Safest Car ‘libyan Rocket’, Designed In Libya / Meet the World Safest Car Designed By Muammar Gadhafi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by milestonejnr(m): 4:52am On Jun 29, 2015
'Libyan Rocket' is the world's safest car. It was designed by Muammar Gaddafi and was manufactured in Libya, Africa. The design of the car was unveiled after an African Union meeting in 2009, which was held in Tripoli and was organised by Gaddafi.

This is the world's safest car and Gadhafi was killed while the plant for the mass production was about to be built.

Some Safety Specs of the car

1. It has numerous airbags and collapsible bumpers that aids during accident.
2. It has the ability to travel miles with flat tires.
3. The car has a device that can cut fuel supply during accident to prevent fire.

Under the hood is a 3-liter V6 motor which pumps out 230 horsepower. The car is 17 feet long and around 6 feet wide.

The main reason behind Gaddafi's design of the car then was SAFETY. According to reports, the development of the World's Safest Car by Gaddafi was inspired when he saw the high number of individuals murdered and injured every year in Libya's streets.

As per reports, the Libyan Rocket auto was financed by the Libyan Arab Domestic Investment Company.Italian Auto maker Tesco TS, was to handle the creation of the model.

http://www.gistalive.com/2015/06/meet-worlds-safest-car-designed-in-libya-by-gaddafi.html

1 Share

Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by dgalon(m): 5:02am On Jun 29, 2015
wheres d car?
Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by Judeoxide(m): 5:07am On Jun 29, 2015
I never really know what started that civil war..and pls some one should not tell me that libyans don't want him,, cos I know day love him..just that no matter how you are in life..large multitude must hate you..and the west used haters against him
Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by eightsin(m): 5:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Pishure!!!
Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by Lexusgs430: 5:34am On Jun 29, 2015
The car looks like a fish that has an STD.

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by Whizpeter(m): 7:05am On Jun 29, 2015
So something good actually came out from Gaddafi I love the design of the car tho...

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by Denn(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2015
Whizpeter:
So something good actually came out from Gaddafi I love the design of the car tho...

A lot of good came from him.

He was the African fly that kept buzzing in the ears of the western masters. He gave them valid sleepless nights and was financially independent.

It is unfortunate that propaganda and the West media fanned embers against him.

He has gone but Libya is still in chaos.

He should be regarded as one of the best African heroes ever...on the same list as jaja of opobo, Nelson Mandela and chaka of zulu.

The average libyan had a higher social standard of living than the average American when he was around.

This car would have sold for dirt cheap in Libya if it was manufactured when he was alive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by TruthinAction: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
The west always want to dominate technology. They tried to frustrate China but China has overtaken them. Gaddafi gave his citizens free housing and free medicals. It's just that, he wants to seat in power till he dies. Even with the present crisis, Libya is still stronger than Nigeria in economy though they have a relatively low population.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 07, 2019
They should have leave this man, at least he meant well for them, even though he wanted to sit there for life, he said his grandfathers fight for libya sovereignty, so i think he merit the sit.
Re: Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi by AbujaBlue: 1:41am On Jun 07, 2019
A worthy effort, but there's a reason you won't ever see that car or any design like it. Imagine being a person on the road hit by the pointy end of the bonnet of that car? Useful in a zombie apocalypse, deadly in the real world.

(1) (Reply)

Car Manufactured And Made In Nigeria Nnewi, Anambra State. / My 2006 Toyota Prado Manual Gear Box Crashed / Car Pimping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.