Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:34 PM

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (548 Views)

Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Abuja & Converted To Islam Rescued In Katsina / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by chaptersix(m): 8:40am On Jun 29, 2015
A 28-year-old agricultural engineer held captive for
three days in the west African country claims name-
dropping his famous compatriot calmed his violent
aggressors An Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria claims he owes
his life to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi. Santiago Lopez Menendez, a 28-year-old
agricultural engineer, had been working in the
west African nation since last year, planting soya
and corn crops close to Kontagora in the north-
west of the country.
But he was kidnapped earlier this week and beaten violently by his captors, who hardly spoke any
English and thought he was north American.
It was then in desperation that Menendez tried to
tell them he was Argentine and he was eventually
able to calm down his aggressors with repeated
cries of "Messi, Messi, Messi". Held captive for three days, the engineer was
eventually released after the company who
employs him paid an undisclosed ransom to the
kidnappers.
Back in Argentina, his brother Jorge spoke to Clarin
and said: "'Tell them I am grateful to Messi', he told me. 'Naming him is what saved me.'"
Menendez is now safe and will return to his
homeland in the next few hours.

1 Like

Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by 48noble(m): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Source
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Jetjacky(m): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2015
lol Merci cheesy
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by benkings(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2015
48noble:
A
for Argentina?
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2015
chaptersix:
A 28-year-old agricultural engineer held captive for
three days in the west African country claims name-
dropping his famous compatriot calmed his violent
aggressors An Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria claims he owes
his life to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi. Santiago Lopez Menendez, a 28-year-old
agricultural engineer, had been working in the
west African nation since last year, planting soya
and corn crops close to Kontagora in the north-
west of the country.
But he was kidnapped earlier this week and beaten violently by his captors, who hardly spoke any
English and thought he was north American.
It was then in desperation that Menendez tried to
tell them he was Argentine and he was eventually
able to calm down his aggressors with repeated
cries of "Messi, Messi, Messi". Held captive for three days, the engineer was
eventually released after the company who
employs him paid an undisclosed ransom to the
kidnappers.
Back in Argentina, his brother Jorge spoke to Clarin
and said: "'Tell them I am grateful to Messi', he told me. 'Naming him is what saved me.'"
Menendez is now safe and will return to his
homeland in the next few hours.

SOURCE?
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Tolzeal(m): 8:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Waoh, The LOVE of messi.

More reasons Why Gurls should start considering SHORT guys...
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Starships4u(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2015
Are the trying to start worshipping him??
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by donholy28(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2015
Is he a god ??
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by brize(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2015
Messi made mercy easy

(1) (Reply)

Mother Accuses Neighbour Of Raping Two- Year-old Daughter / Moroccan Man Dies While Being Smuggled To Spain In A Suitcase / The Unilag Rape Saga And Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.