Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent (1175 Views)

We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community / Precious Azubike Graduates With A First Class From Nottingham Trent University / Danish Jensen Visits Aso-Rock, Shot Fired By DSS -The Trent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by carzola(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2015
A handful of South-West leaders are currently full of regrets for voting President Muhammadu Buhari during the Saturday, March 28, 2015 presidential election.

The aggrieved leaders are unhappy with Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for
tolerating the outcome of National Assembly leadership election, which did not favour the region.

According to them, Buhari’s silence is a serious indication that the zone will not benefit from the administration despite the efforts they made during the elections.

One of the leaders said, “For the fact that the South-West played a key role in the emergence of Buhari as the President, it is expected that they would occupy a more strategic position than the post of vice president.”

They argued that the National Assembly leadership election, which eventually placed the North Central geopolitical zone as a powerful force in the country’s power equation through the emergence of former Kwara governor, Bukola Saraki, as Senate President and Yakubu Dogara from the North-East, has depicted the South-West as not only a weak power bloc in
the equation.

With the power structure now, the South-West as a region has been relegated to the background in the power structure of the country.

Some of the leaders of the region who also participated in the last National Conference argued that since the South-West does not hold any substantial position in the current power structure, the region must re-strategise to assert itself in the politics of the nation.

The group opined that the position of Vice President, which is presently held by a south westerner, does not place the region as a powerful force.

While referring to one of the speeches made by former President Goodluck Jonathan during the campaigns leading up to the 2015 general elections, National Coordinator of Coalition of Democrats for Electoral Reform, CODER, Chief Ayo Opadokun, a South-West leader, who spoke to the Nigerian Pilot on Sunday, June 28, 2015 on the current power imbalance, noted that the Yoruba race made a great mistake by not re-electing the former President, considering what he had in stock for the zone.

Opadokun further noted that the implementation of the National Conference report would elevate the standard of the zone, which is the reason people of the South-West should have queued behind the immediate past president.

Link: http://www.thetrentonline.com/regret-voting-buhari-south-west-leaders-lament/
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by xreal: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2015
which kain source be this?

must you beleive everything you read on any website?
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Bobbystanley(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Chanji!
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by mofayodeyahoo: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2015
jonathan past admin. Could not enthrone Hon. muraina and Hon. Mulikat as a speaker of house
now you already have VP, maybe we should give it southeast/south and take deputy senate president

amaechi would thank you people
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Bekwarra(m): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2015
Where is Buhari? Well I saw him around Mushin Ile- Epo Isale looking for a bus to Agege. In other news this has been a weird weekend for me. Spend some amount after I came back from the council secretariat where we did terminal clearance on Friday to cook a pot of stew with lots of meat and fish so I can flex these village guys as I will soon be moving to Calabar for #POP only to come back yesterday evening and to my dismay I found an "empty treasury". Yesterday at a news conference, Rafa Benitez said he met an "empty treasury" in Madrid after taking over from Ancelotti. My useless state governor Aregbese also claimed he met an empty treasury after being re-elected for second term thus his inability to pay salary. I rushed to Ogoja to check my account so I can make a new pot of soup alas! I met an empty treasury. After one year of service in Cross River, I'll be leaving an empty treasury behind. All these village girls, whoever dates them after will meet an empty treasury. Glo don fap my account balance leaving an empty treasury behind. When I pack away from this room at the lodge, I'll leave an empty treasury behind. Am I running mad? Oh I'm sorry it's the season of empty treasury. I hope I won't meet an empty treasury when I'm reunited with my gf in Lagos. Rural rugged, we are good to go. University of Calabar Sports Complex on July 2nd we are passing out yippee!!!! Unical babes abeg we don't want to meet empty treasuries everywhere, leave some for konjilized corpers.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Fake news, fake source. Who are the sw leaders?
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2015
We live at a time when man believes himself fabulously capable of creation, but he does not know what to create.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by bonechamberlain(m): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2015
very soon you guys would lament more than the book of Lamentations. I don't know what is wrong with the south, Nigeria as a country was structured to Favour the north instead if the south to join forces and stop this conspiracy we are fighting each other, the south west have chosen to remain perpetually under the north yet you want the north to fear or respect u guys. the south west complained about marginalization under Jonathan while it was one of your own that aligned with the north and deprived a south westerner from occupying the no 4 position under Jonathan's govt. tell me how u would expect the president to trust that region. under this govt u don't expect the north also to put faith in that region as it is virtually in the hands of one man, who cannot be trusted. the fear is that if that godfather is allowed to dominate his people in the buhari s govt he could hold buhari to Ransome. forget all the noise u hear about buhari hard stance. the man might be highly disciplined and fearless but I tell u he could easily be sidelined, taking a cue from his past regime. the north is aware of this and are not taking any chances.

southwest would continue to lament until they break away from politics of godfatherism and open their eyes to see that the north has a plan to continue to subjugate other regions. only people like fayose and b.george who have been lamenting on balance in this country can clearly see the conspiracy.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by PassingShot(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2015
The people complaining must surely be those who never supported nor voted for PMB in the first place.

So, what's the noise?
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
They should try and make sure they keep lamenting.
Very important please...
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Bollove: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
The source is questionable .. but if this piece make front-page.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Arogunmasa(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
carzola:
A handful of South-West leaders are currently full of regrets for voting President Muhammadu Buhari during the Saturday, March 28, 2015 presidential election.

The aggrieved leaders are unhappy with Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for
tolerating the outcome of National Assembly leadership election, which did not favour the region.

According to them, Buhari’s silence is a serious indication that the zone will not benefit from the administration despite the efforts they made during the elections.

One of the leaders said, “For the fact that the South-West played a key role in the emergence of Buhari as the President, it is expected that they would occupy a more strategic position than the post of vice president.”

They argued that the National Assembly leadership election, which eventually placed the North Central geopolitical zone as a powerful force in the country’s power equation through the emergence of former Kwara governor, Bukola Saraki, as Senate President and Yakubu Dogara from the North-East, has depicted the South-West as not only a weak power bloc in
the equation.

With the power structure now, the South-West as a region has been relegated to the background in the power structure of the country.

Some of the leaders of the region who also participated in the last National Conference argued that since the South-West does not hold any substantial position in the current power structure, the region must re-strategise to assert itself in the politics of the nation.

The group opined that the position of Vice President, which is presently held by a south westerner, does not place the region as a powerful force.

While referring to one of the speeches made by former President Goodluck Jonathan during the campaigns leading up to the 2015 general elections, National Coordinator of Coalition of Democrats for Electoral Reform, CODER, Chief Ayo Opadokun, a South-West leader, who spoke to the Nigerian Pilot on Sunday, June 28, 2015 on the current power imbalance, noted that the Yoruba race made a great mistake by not re-electing the former President, considering what he had in stock for the zone.

Opadokun further noted that the implementation of the National Conference report would elevate the standard of the zone, which is the reason people of the South-West should have queued behind the immediate past president.

Link: http://www.thetrentonline.com/regret-voting-buhari-south-west-leaders-lament/

Trash. Those southwest leaders no get names ni.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by OreMI22: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
You mean to say you regret voting a dullard already?
I thought he was clueless and will submit to all your whims and caprices?
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by VirginFinder: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nonsense post!
Yorubas full ground wella.
Nos 2,3 and 6 no be beans!!
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by benosky(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
@op. Go find somewere sidon abeg. How many SW leaders do u kno and who do dey complain to? Dey complain to u abi If u dont av a job abeg go dey play ball, afteral ur name na carzola.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by carzola(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
benosky:
@op. Go find somewere sidon abeg. How many SW leaders do u kno and who do dey complain to? Dey complain to u abi If u dont av a job abeg go dey play ball, afteral ur name na carzola.
Ode is it only footballers that bear the name carzola?
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by shizzleStar: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
bwuahahahaha una don dey regret already? una neva even chi chom chin cheesygrin

Arogunmasa:

Trash.

Those southwest leaders no get names ni.
Ayo opadokun no be name abi? abi you are high on fermented akamu
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by ibedun: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
shizzleStar:

Whon know am? We are behing PMB kampe.

SE people get problem.
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Arogunmasa(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
shizzleStar:

Oga Ade, I don't do insult. If u want to prove a point do so without being insultive. That is no news, if u are know a bit about journalism u will understand what am talking about. Cheers!
Re: We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent by Arogunmasa(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
shizzleStar:

Oga Ade, I don't do insult. If u want to prove a point do so without being insultive. This is no news, if u are know a bit about journalism u will understand what am talking about. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Zoo-limitation Of Freedom Of Speech. / President Jonathan's Ex-CSO Detained In Connection With Oil Bunkering / Breaking News: Halliburton Bribery Scandal - Buhari Orders Reopen Of Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.