Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nigeria Sport Update - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nigeria Sport Update (517 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sport Update by youngfigo: 9:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Abuja - Major League Soccer (MLS) club,
Seattle Sounders no doubt missed their Nigerian
import on Sunday when the Rave Green lost 4-1
at Portland Timbers.
Sounders FC went into the match without their
best players, Obafemi Martins and Osvaldo
Alonso who were out due to injury while Clint
Dempsey was out due to suspension.
Sounders manager, Sigi Schmid insisted after
the match that the absence of those players
isn't enough reason for the loss but blamed the
lack of concentration in the second half where
Sounders FC conceded three goals, two of
which happened in two minutes after playing
out 1-1 at half time. www.figolearnhtml.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Sport Update by youngfigo: 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Siasia wants to get used to Port Harcourt 08:57 29/06/2015 Abuja - Dream Team VI Coach Samson Siasia says he hopes his team can get a proper feel of the environment in Port Harcourt, before next month's CAF U23 championship qualifier against Congo. The Nigerian U23 team is set to face their Congolese counterparts in the final round, first leg qualifier for the U23 championship which serves as qualifiers for the Olympic Games, at the Liberation Stadium. And Siasia, whose team is presently camped in Abuja, says he would want his players to get used to the environment before the game. Also read: Siasia comfortable with Port Harcourt "It will be nice to have some proper training there so the boys can get used to the environment and Stadium," Siasia said. "They're getting used to Abuja so it will be nice for them to get used to Port Harcourt so they feel at home during the game." The Beijing 2008 Olympic Silver Medal winning coach further reiterated that he is okay with the choice of Port Harcourt for the game, and called on the fans to throng the Stadium to support the team. "Port Harcourt is not bad and I have no problems with it. I just want the fans to come out and support us that day," Siasia said.
Re: Nigeria Sport Update by youngfigo: 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
Siasia wants to get used to Port Harcourt 08:57 29/06/2015 Abuja - Dream Team VI Coach Samson Siasia says he hopes his team can get a proper feel of the environment in Port Harcourt, before next month's CAF U23 championship qualifier against Congo. The Nigerian U23 team is set to face their Congolese counterparts in the final round, first leg qualifier for the U23 championship which serves as qualifiers for the Olympic Games, at the Liberation Stadium. And Siasia, whose team is presently camped in Abuja, says he would want his players to get used to the environment before the game. Also read: Siasia comfortable with Port Harcourt "It will be nice to have some proper training there so the boys can get used to the environment and Stadium," Siasia said. "They're getting used to Abuja so it will be nice for them to get used to Port Harcourt so they feel at home during the game." The Beijing 2008 Olympic Silver Medal winning coach further reiterated that he is okay with the choice of Port Harcourt for the game, and called
on the fans to throng the Stadium to support the team. "Port Harcourt is not bad and I have no problems with it. I just want the fans to come out and support us that day," Siasia said. www.figolearnhtml.com
Re: Nigeria Sport Update by youngfigo: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lagos - Super Falcons midfielder Ngozi Okobi’s move to US Women’s Soccer League side, The Washington Spirits has taken a step closer as the player have been given an interview date with the American embassy in Abuja. The 21-year old was last week announced by the Spirits as their latest recruit, ‘pending receipt of her P-1 Visa and International Transfer Certificate (ITC)’. And the Delta Queens midfielder has revealed she has been given a July 6 date, which is on Monday, for interviews at the American embassy in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital. Also read : Okobi delighted to join Washington Spirits “I have been given July 6 as the date for my visa application interview at the American embassy and after then I will go to join my team,” she said. “I have been there before (America) and I believe I will get it (visa) so I’m just looking forward to returning there and joining my new team,” she added. If the move goes through, Okobi will swell the soaring list of Nigerian female footballers abroad. She is also expected to be joined by Super Falcons teammate, Josephine Chukwunonye, and they will both team up with another Falcon, Francesca Ordega, who the joined the Spirits earlier in the year. -Soccer Laduma www.figolearnhtml.com

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Have Tips On A Good Bettingsite? / Rooney Or Gerrard For Captain? / Man Utd Break San-siro Jinx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.