Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. (26991 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Marriage / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Gurgle(f): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2015
BCJAY:
Religion is a thing of the mind. I am a christian and my hubby a muslim, he has been trying for the past 19years to change me but mba. So think well since you still have the chance to do so. I must confess i would have love us to practice same religion but who will compromise?

I guess from your words that youre Igbo? was/is your family ok with this
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Chidonc(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.

Which light abeg, ? Abeg park well jare..............
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Gloryblossom(f): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2015
Advice.pray to God ask him for direction and his will concerning your marital life,God is not an autor of confussion,he won't give u w@ will coinfuse u or wat u can't handle,d lady is stunck to her religion wat v u gat to prove urs,no matter aw much u love dat lady wen u finally marry her n start bearing children get ready for war,blc u won't want ur child to go to mosque n she won't want her child to go to church...u sud leave a happy home bro,there is no need talking to her,tell her ur believe,is God who convince ppl not human,is not ur making to do,prayerfully follow it n God will bring ur wife for u,the truth is she was born n brought up that way u cnt change not even for love,thank God she opened up to u now that's to tell u that God hands is on it.bro u v not prayed concernin ur marriage to come,do so n God bless u.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by arabianights: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.
2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.

IF THIS LADY AT THIS POINT TOOK THIS DECISION OVER HER FEELING FOR YOU, THEN MOST PROBABLY SHE WONT MARRY YOU OR IF SHE DOES SHE WILL DISSOLVE THE WEDDING.
MUSLIM WOMEN DO NOT MARRY CHRISTIAN MEN

PLEASE MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE OR BECOME A MUSLIM,SIMPLE.THERE ARE MANY CHRISTIANS AND ATHEISTS FOR YOU TO CHOOSE FROM
I FRANKLY RESPECT THE LADY AS SHE HAS EXHIBITED CHARACTERS OF, STRENGHT,FOCUS,DETERMINED,AND SUCCESS.

LIFE HAS NOT ENDED ,LEAVE HER ALONE ITS NOT BY FORCE

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Chanchit: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2015
No matter what happens, the relationship is over. I hate women(people) who don't have a stand, so what happens when she returns to her uncles place? All multi religion marriages don't end well, if she says she's returning to christianity if you say you are leaving her, believe me she would definitely practice other religion behind your back including the traditional way when the going gets tough cos she has no stand.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by greatfoly(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2015
Better break up with her or join her in Islam. Her mind is already made up, no turning back.
forget abt her, shikena!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2015
oplbycar:

I PUT IT TO YOU THAT YOU ARE AN HYPOCRITE. WHEN THE GUY MET HER WHICH RELIGION IS SHE PRACTICING? ISN'T THAT ONE OF THE REASONS HE WANTS TO MARRY? QURAN STIPULATES THAT THE MAN IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY, WHICH MEANS THE MAN'S RELIGION SHOULD BE THE FAMILY RELIGION FROM THE GUY'S LAMENTATIONS, CANT YOU SEE THAT HE IS NOT WILLING TO CHANGE HIS FAITH? CANT YOU SEE THAT HE ALREADY HAS HATRED FOR ISLAM?
If ur father becomes a muslim today. Please convert to islam then I will support u telling her to go back to xtianity
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by DrGroove(f): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2015
So you are even a man and what a woman wants to turn to bothers you?

So if you are marrying her 2moro morning n today,u ain't comfortable with her,cant u walk away?

I wonder o! if u ain't cool with something,u let go.i thought u men say women are too numerous,cheap n desperate for marriage,why are u now bothered abt one woman?
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by qtx(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

Just few words for you.
If she is an extreme muslim she wont even dare marrying you being a christian, on the other hand if you are a born again christian, you wont even come here to ask what to do.
Because you both at that level of the two regions will never see anything keeping you guys together except if both of you are look-warm believers in the said faiths.

[url]robminds.com[/url]

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by assalafee: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.

True Talk, I seconded........who knows Allaah may even guide u tru her.
Try and talk to her "patiently" about your feelings may be u will see reasons why she chose to be a Muslim....and from the looks of things she truly loves u.
Cheers!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by queebeediva(f): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Why is there always conflict between islam and christainity? If God is love why would religion stand as barrier ? Infact am so confussed because a friend of mine has similar problem she hails from a muslim background her father who is muslim never took care of her and her mum with her younger brothers infact the father got married to another muslim woman and abandon the them. In her case she became attached to the mums people who are christains and she practices christainity .only last month she took a christain man to her father as the man she wants to get married but her father reject and threated to place a cause on her if she marries the christain guy without his knowledge. Now my friend is so confusse because this guy saw her through school and she really love him.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by fyxboss(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
tdayof:
undecidedMr read that verse again . ..who are you to judge the Muslims ..now show me the verse that says that muslims are darkness, unrighteous...
be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, they are not believers in christ, the bible has its own stand.... U have to confess Jesus
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by BCJAY(f): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

I guess from your words that youre Igbo? was/is your family ok with this
your guess is wrong typical yoruba. If you hear IYERU OKIN OMO OLOFFA MOJO, my people said no but when i insisted and they know i will leave with him not they, i was left to have my way.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by persius555(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Religion is a way or doctrine that guides you in life, its not the ticket to heaven.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Sparkles003(f): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Search your heart truly and answer this following questions.

Am i comfortable with her practicing Muslim

Am i comfortable with some of the restrictions she would observe as a Muslim

Am i comfortable with our children probably joining her faith in the long run

Am i proud of her faith(religion) that you can give a satisfactory answer when family members ask you questions concerning her faith
the answers to this questions would tell you the truth by yourself.

A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TO TOGETHER .
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by arabianights: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Chidonc:

Which light abeg, ? Abeg park well jare..............

WELL GOOD QUESTION FROM SOME ONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN THE LIGHT.IF CHRISTIANS SEE LIGHT OTHER RELIGIONS AS ISLAM, JUDAISM, HINDUISM, ETC ALSO HAVE LIGHTS OR CALLING THEY RECEIVE
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Gurgle(f): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
BCJAY:
your guess is wrong typical yoruba. If you hear IYERU OKIN OMO OLOFFA MOJO, my people said no but when i insisted and they know i will leave with him not they, i was left to have my way.

oh. does "mba" mean something in Yoruba too or were you just using the word? #learning

yeah that's true. its you who has to live with whoever you marry not them. that's true we should always remember that
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Bonapart(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
tdayof:
now you are getting it wrong! Who are you to judge their religion... Am a Christian but you not getting it right. We would all be judged by the work of our Hand.
what am telling you is that when you confront them, they will practically show you these things in their quran which includes child marriage... where is the judgement
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by arabianights: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:

You're a fraud.

A true muslim knows that the so called religious war is unislamic

MY DEAR, U AND I BOTH KNOW THAT HE ISNT A MUSLIM SO PLEASE IGNORE THE SHITE
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Bonapart(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

...and so it begins... sad
begin what
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by amazingspiderma: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Congratulations,you now have one less problem. It was even better she had changed now than later.
Don't you think God was giving you a sign to end it there.
You cannot structure you home if you are not high priest. and from how you sounded I dont see you leading that home.
I assure you that you will get someone better.
One of the signs of a challenging marriage is contentions.Contentions are differences that have no neutral positons.

It is better to dwell on the roof top of a house than with a contentious woman.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Gurgle(f): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bonapart:
begin what

the islam/Christianity bashing
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by synergycom19: 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
actually I haven't made any decision on that.

I was surprised when I saw her in bedroom praying the muslim way.

I really do love her,I want advice on how to handle it,so that went next she comes,I want us to discuss it.
Unfortunately it appears you are not a Spirit-filled Christian yourself otherwise she will never dream of Islam,anyway plead with to go for counseling,then take her to a HOLY SPIRIT FILLED pastor,who has a moslim background,your problems will be over.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Alphaoscar: 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:

I said making such decision at that crucial point in her life was what was insensitive. The timing is what's silly.

I still don't understand why Nigerian are soo emotional about this religion stuff as if there is something else behind it.

Her religion is her personal way of relating with her creator and she can convert to whatever religion of her choice. And besides she was primarily a Muslim girl ( never a Christian but a church goer due to her Uncle's influence) now she's come of age and she revert back to her religion of choice which is still within her fundamental right.

I was once in Ops shoe and my babe was afraid that I may ask her to convert but all I need to do is to make her understand that I have no right forcing her religious stand and will never do that ever so far she also respect right to worship God my way without undue interference from her and we have been cool since and never have any religious related quarrel.

My advice to the Op is to respect her choice of religion and both of them should not see religion as do or die . But if the op can't cope with her practicing another religion, it is better to let go than trying to force her to practice his own religion because unless she convert by her own personal conviction she will never be a true Christian and she never be happy practicing Ops religion.

Cc: Yomieluv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by mekonglobal(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
oplbycar:
THERE WILL BE PROBLEM. ISLAM NEVER PERMITS A MUSLIM LADY TO MARRY A CHRISTAIN MAN. A STAUNCH CHRISTAIN AND A STAUNCH MUSLIM CANNOT COHABIT SUCCESSFULLY UNDER THE SAME ROOF. PEACE AND VIOLENCE CAN NEVER ATTRACTS.

ITS NOT ALL CRISES THAT CAN BE SOLVED DIPLOMATICALLY. YOU MAKE USE OF FORCE WHERE NECESSARY.

A MAN IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY, AUTOMATICALLY HIS RELIGION SHOULD BE THE FAMILY RELIGION.

THIS IS THE ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by MyMouth(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:
Well, this is quite a delicate situation.
First of all I 'd advice you sit her down and talk things with her. Tell her you stand in all of this and tell her how you feel about her decision.
Expressively explain to her of the implication of her decision of your relationship

What she did was insensitive. Why would she chose to make such decision at a time as crucial as this. It doesn't speak well of her judgment and decision making.

If after talking to her she still doesn't change her stance, the best thing for the both of you is to end the relationship.

Having separate religions as a husband and wife would not help in improving your relationship. If for anything, it would help in pulling both of you apart.
When you practise the same religion with your spouse, it creates understanding, trust and a stronger bond of friendship and companionship between the both of you.

I am not saying your marriage won't work if she chooses to practice islam and you choose to practice christianity, but there is a higher chance it would blossom if you both practiced the same religion.
Tell that to hundreds of couples that got married in church or mosque and still got seperated! Op, what matters is what u feel for each other and not the name you call God!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by damocool(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
If actually you are a "BORN AGAIN' christian and not just being called a christian for the sake of going to church, you wouldn't have asked anyone opinion on this issue, what would u expect from people of same level of spirituality with you.... Instead of you to consult your Bible to actually know God's mind concerning marriage or better still your pastor. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says it all, it is now depends on you to heed or to let your flesh to decide your destiny..

"I LOOK AROUND ME
I SEE PROPHECIES FULFILLING
AND SIGNS OF THE TIMES
THEY'RE APPEARING EVERYWHERE" RAPTURE IS AT HAND,,, YOU believe it or not, it is certain... Repent now before it is too late...

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ALISMILE(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:

Since she was once a Muslim, then later she became a christian durin which period u met her. And havin tasted both faiths, she has now chosen to settle for Islam! Under dis circumstance, I don't think there is anytin u can do to make her change since she is makin her choice based on convinsion! U either let her be or u accept her like that!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Laid2001: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Well, you can discuss with her to see if you or her can adopt the other's religion!
But please dont go further if there is a diffrence in religion, it does not mix well with family's harmony.

It is eaither you become a muslim or forget the marriage, love does not conquer reliogious differences ooo. Please dont be decieved!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:

If ur father becomes a muslim today. Please convert to islam then I will support u telling her to go back to xtianity

MY DAD CAN NEVER BECOME A MUSLIM. HE DIED A PRACTICING CHRISTAIN. I PRACTICED CHRISTIANITY TILL HIS DEATH, AM NOW A FREE THINKER LIKEWISE MY WIFE AND KIDS. PLEASE DON'T DERAIL, TACKLE THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASK YOU. PLEASE CONVINCE ME WHY THE LADY SHOULD FORCE HER RELIGION ON THE GUY? WHEN YOU AND I KNOWS THAT A MAN IS THE HEAD IN THE FAMILY.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by UnimkeAk(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim

Nigeria's major problem is religion divide and not necessarily ethnicity.

Pple just came ; colonize us and imposed a religion on us. And we killing ourselves over something that doesn't have proof.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If the guy is a muslim and his fiance changed from muslim to christian, would you have given the same advice.

Please, be sinceresmiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.