Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. (27001 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Marriage / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Kingspin(m): 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.
I will marry her only when boko haram stop bombing.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Chinweukamaka(f): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
But knw dis dat if u can nt convert her to christianity before ur engagement den u just let her go,its difficult but u just hv to,4 d sake of ur unborn children.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Sulaimon01(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim

I doubt ur being a muslim, and besides did he mention that there is darkness in xtianity
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
tdayof:
Bro no problem with the religion.. We are all praying to God. What matters is love.
HEHE........................r u saying d god that ask for human blood is d same as d one asking for praises?......waiting ur reply
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by formerlyMbulela: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
No need for all this long thread.
My best friend is the most devout Muslim I have ever met. He is married to a Christian. They have a peaceful home.
If you think you can not have a home where you and your wife are offering incense at different altars, just end the relationship. Don't enter a marriage with doubts in your mind.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by formerlyMbulela: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
ola20ng:
She was never a christian. The uncle took the advantages of their financial situation and forcefully changed her to a christian. Chrisrians are very good at taking the advantages of the unfavourable situations to convert you. This is a reality that no christian can deny. Christians are not tolerant to have a muslim under their care and favour. The first thing they will strip them of is their faith in return for the favour they are rendering. They believe that the main reason for your problem is your religion which you must first renounce.
My advice for you is to do her a favour by not marrying her.

Very daft generalization.
Some of the closest persons to me are Moslems and while I do not agree with their faith, it has never affected my relationship with them and my Christian faith is unshakable.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by tunde1200(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
diportivo:

pls,from someone dat doesnt know

what does imani mean?

Knowledge!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by formerlyMbulela: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
assalafee:

True Talk, I seconded........who knows Allaah may even guide u tru her.
Try and talk to her "patiently" about your feelings may be u will see reasons why she chose to be a Muslim....and from the looks of things she truly loves u.
Cheers!
As long as Allah can also guide her through him.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Clarakings(f): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Amos 3:3 "can two walk together except they agree"
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers"
"What relationship does light have with darkness"
My dear in as much as I respect every religion but I have only tasted one and found it very true. Jesus said "no one comes to the father except through me" and "except a man be born again, he CANNOT enter the kingdom of heaven" John 3:3. Its very essential that a couple should share the same faith for the sake of a Christ-like home and the children. So discuss with her about her new found faith and if she decides to remain a muslim even when married, then let her go. If you are a believer, you will truly understand the price of your salvation.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by doctorbabs(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.

Since she has decided to go back to her religion, leave her alone and look for another lady in your church after all the xtianity was imposed on her before, it wasn't her intention( she accepted it on condition ).

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Valto(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:
Well, this is quite a delicate situation.
First of all I 'd advice you sit her down and talk things with her. Tell her you stand in all of this and tell her how you feel about her decision.
Expressively explain to her of the implication of her decision of your relationship

What she did was insensitive. Why would she chose to make such decision at a time as crucial as this. It doesn't speak well of her judgment and decision making.

If after talking to her she still doesn't change her stance, the best thing for the both of you is to end the relationship.

Having separate religions as a husband and wife would not help in improving your relationship. If for anything, it would help in pulling both of you apart.
When you practise the same religion with your spouse, it creates understanding, trust and a stronger bond of friendship and companions :Dhip between the both of you.

I am @aaaaa@aaaaas#s#saa@@aa@a@aaaaa@a@aa@aaaaaaaaa@@a@@a@a@@@@a@a@AaaaaaaA@@@a@a@@Aa@aAaAaAaaAsaaSaa@aaA@@@a@@a@@@not[center][/center] wink wink cheesy saying your marriage won't work if she chooses
c

Dec to I to practice islam and you choose to practice christianity, but there is a higher chance it would blossom if you both practiced the same religion.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by wickyyolo: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
Some do mamboo
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Caseless: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:
Well, this is quite a delicate situation.
First of all I 'd advice you sit her down and talk things with her. Tell her you stand in all of this and tell her how you feel about her decision.
Expressively explain to her of the implication of her decision of your relationship

What she did was insensitive. Why would she chose to make such decision at a time as crucial as this. It doesn't speak well of her judgment and decision making.

If after talking to her she still doesn't change her stance, the best thing for the both of you is to end the relationship.

Having separate religions as a husband and wife would not help in improving your relationship. If for anything, it would help in pulling both of you apart.
When you practise the same religion with your spouse, it creates understanding, trust and a stronger bond of friendship and companionship between the both of you.

I am not saying your marriage won't work if she chooses to practice islam and you choose to practice christianity, but there is a higher chance it would blossom if you both practiced the same religion.
madam, I just de look you.

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by diportivo: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
tunde1200:

Knowledge!

ah!now i kw

but then,why didnt u just say knowledge at first?

just wondering aloud
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by lamoskii(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
praise be to almighty allah your lady have choosing the right part if possible you should follow her and convert to islam in order to have peace of mind and enjoy in the hereafter
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by justmenoni: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
@op I think the difference in your religion isn't the issue..I am Christian and married to a moslem and I really don't have a problem with my wife's religion and as a matt of fact we observe the morning prayers together which I actually lead and sometimes I ask her to lead the prayer and mind You she still has a praying materials and I even download some apps day will remind her to observe her prayers..

Anyway back to your post..I don't see any problem on ur wife been a moslem and u been a Christian but the problem I have is dat she is practicing what some yoruba's usually refer to agbere esin (fornication of religion grin gringrin) cos I don't see any reason why she has to leave her original religion in the first place cos of relocation issues or was she forced to do so...what will happen if you are relocated to another state or area and she has family there who are sango worshippers? Does it mean she will convert back again?....

Imagine she has a bad past before(maybe peer pressures etc) and she met this her friends again!!does it mean she is going back to her old ways?..

And as for the kids I think you can leave that till they grow up and decide on which religion they want to keep and most important thing try to talk to her as some ppl have been saying cos no be so he easy ooo cos I can remember wifey suggesting dat we barb d kids hair after 7days Maka why na?? So imagine things like that happening regularly and decided u would be a blessing to cope.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by justmenoni: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Shoroniyen,,which one.come.be the wrong path? Shey u no get rope make u take draw the op to follow in?

Right path yet all ur main regions are been bombed daily even ppl praying are not safe...may God help us all

Cities
lamoskii:
praise be to almighty allah your lady have choosing the right part if possible you should follow her and convert to islam in order to have peace of mind and enjoy in the hereafter
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ibrokola(m): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim
You Muslim? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Kingspin:
I will marry her only when boko haram stop bombing.

K
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by correctyourself(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.

Please don't yield to her plans, she is more or less a betrayal because you knew her when she was a christian and that was one of your consideration for proposing to her, only for her to turn around and convert to islam, even trying to lure you into it, if you do it wil be a disappointment to your family and you may not be able to bear the consequences from your family.

As for you girls! She has started sign of disrespect already and may not take your order as head of your home. Dump her if se refused to join you.

Infact start searching for another lady with possibility of marrying her so that you can use her as replacement should your girl stude her ground not to join you, after all she is not the one financing the marriage seremony. For me will not take that from any lady, even though I'm not yet married and I have not experience such, Red Card await any lady that will try that with me.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by SamConquer(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.
She was a muslim before,what was she seeing then?you just say she has seen the "light".Are you referring to the light that comes out from the bazokas of "Islamic warriors" such as Boko haram,ISIL,AL shabab,Al quaeda or which "light"?
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
hmmm.... well it is either you accept her choice or you look for a christian lady...
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
D MAJOR PROBLEM HERE IS D ADVICERS, EVERYBODY SEES OTHER RELIGION AS FAKE. REMEMBER WE R BOTH SERVING GOD IN A DIFFRENT WAY.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by inyangete: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
If she doesn't listen to u pls let her GO.........
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
HEHE........................r u saying d god that ask for human blood is d same as d one asking for praises?......waiting ur reply
AND WHICH GOD IS ASKHNG 4 HUMAN BLOOD
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by SamConquer(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
There is something I Will just say....Any Religion in the world that doe not recognises CHRIST JESUS in all what he is is an empty Religion.and there are doing what somebody calls SALVATION BY IMAGINATION.if they like they pray Five times daily,Fast 20 or 30 days Go to all hajj,all this without Christ in it is Useless.

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Bakrabas: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
SamConquer:
She was a muslim before,what was she seeing then?you just say she has seen the "light".Are you referring to the light that comes out from the bazokas of "Islamic warriors" such as Boko haram,ISIL,AL shabab,Al quaeda or which "light"?
.you ve made a blantant mistake,the boko haram and all other terrorist are not muslims because "islam" peace and total submission to God of mankind.i cant see that you lack history Zionist and Irgun Extremist are terrorist 4rm the christendom.islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world.the religion wit one language,one God without mediator b4 u cn reach Him,no trinity and prophet muhammad(saw) was d messanger not smal god

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
SamConquer:
UR BRAIN IS TOO MYOPIC. DOES DAT MIN DOS PASTORS DAT COMMIT CRIME REPRESENT CHRISTIANITY. I BEG THINK WELL B4 U 7EW RUBBISH

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Missyetty(f): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:
[b] Alhamdulilah for her life.

As for you, go find a Deeper life sister.

my 2 kobo. grin [/b]Excuse me, you sound so insensitive, is that what Islam teaches you? I am a muslim and i understand love can be found anywhere.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by eduxerxes: 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
actually I haven't made any decision on that.

I was surprised when I saw her in bedroom praying the muslim way.

I really do love her,I want advice on how to handle it,so that went next she comes,I want us to discuss it.
love indeed is a great phenomenon. If she can't choose the husband's religion, show her the door. The man is the HEAD for Gods sake. Love banza!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Enesi13: 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
My aunt who's a muslim married a staunch christian and all her children practises Islam, not even one deviated, so what matters is the heart & love. ur aunty is comiting sin according to Islam...most christian especially on nairaland are deadlier dan shekau....its just dat dey dont know their way to amunition or their cowards....just luk at their statements very unguarded...i'v neva seen a muslim insulting christ on social media. reason because we are cultured...but chek dem, dey wish to kil muslims just dat dey are not brave enough
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

How about people that convert from islam to other faiths. Did they see the darkness in islam?

Just asking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.