Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – (43883 Views)

BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen / CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today / Huge Congestion Hit Banks As BVN Deadline Nears(see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by just2endowed: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
i did mine february but i cannot remember my bvn number as the text msg was wipe off my phone recently.
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by kayceeD2(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
IlekeHD:

No, it's time to teach Nigerians a lesson.
Learn some discipline. Deadline is deadline.
Stop with the African time.
Look at our development as a nation, we keep moving on African time.
Western world is in year 2020, we're still in the 50s.
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Adesiji77: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
We Nigerians are notorious for the "last minute rush" phenomenon.

The Bank Verification Number (BVN) project was launched in February 2014 by the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) in collaboration with the Bankers Committee.

Since then, a spirited campaign was run by the CBN, the Bankers Committee and all commercial banks in the Nigeria. More than a year down the line, Nigerians are now rushing to beat the deadline.

You cannot blame CBN for insisting that the date is sacrosanct, otherwise, people would keep ignoring the exercise.

Save for the Nigerians in the diaspora, this deadline is necessary to enforce compliance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by maniox(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
na to withdraw all money for account keep inside house sure pass

2 Likes

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Adesiji77:

The Bank Verification Number (BVN) project was launched in February 2014 by the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) in collaboration with the Bankers Committee.

Since then, a spirited campaign was run by the CBN, the Bankers Committee and all commercial banks in the Nigeria. More than a year down the line, Nigerians are now rushing to beat the deadline.

You cannot blame CBN for insisting that the date is sacrosanct, otherwise, people would keep ignoring the exercise.

Save for the Nigerians in the diaspora, this deadline is necessary to enforce compliance.

I totally agree with you, especially the last line.

We're everything wrong with the society.

I did mine months back. It's so painful to see a people live without the minutest trace of discipline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by negga4al(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Many people just read but don't understand. No account will be frozen! One who fails meet the deadline will have a hold on his/her online transactions including the use of your ATM card on ATMs, POS or other platform.

Which also means, it would only be reopened when you have completed your BVN registration successfully.

I wonder why people don't take things seriously. CBN have announced this for over a year now but Nigerians won't care till deadline date.

When I did my BVN registration last year November, novody then showed much interest.

3 Likes

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Neocotez(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
how about people that have accounts but are abroad at the moment
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by spencekat(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Na wash
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lovexme:
All roads leads to banks.

Yet to carry out your BVN registration? Use banks at Alausa, Ikeja. NO CROWD cool
True
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Koolmexxi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Have they started activating/registering the codes on multiple account holders who have gotten their BVN...?
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
I dont blame people who haven't done theirs since , cos some people weren't notified(including me,if not for friends that told me i wouldn't have known till this rush hour) cbn had better extend the date.
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Riclord001(m): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
IlekeHD:

thats very good. do u knw if it is because of that the rapture has not taken place? the time gap needs a bridging that wud neva occur. anyway, i did mine today... i knew that once i get to the bank, things wud fall in place... but if i knew i cud withdraw and make deposits, i wouldn't have bothered
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
For those of you shouting "it can never close " ..e go shock una lol
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by ElDeeVee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
SocialRecluse:
True
really?? any ibtc branch there?
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by kisscivic(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Na wash joor.

But as long as I can still be doing my transactions inside the banking hall, then the banks are free to carry away their BVN and ATM
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nigeria banking is a mess,i was at the bank,GTB like three times and today make it fouth time the same story,system is no working,no more form go to other branch,i had visit other branchs getting there was the same story.Now here CBN threating us on my hard earn,they never been sincere to themsselve ,walahi talahi if anything happen to my money you bankers are in trouble.

I know you are even joking because banking is not and can never be like petrol that they use to punish Nigeria,let me remind you banks incase you dont know you are like a network provider,if am no longer satify with your service i have the choice and right to port into other banks or port out self.
So stop gragra and extend it till infinity just registration of sim card

#signout
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
sexaddict08:
i did mine since December, I think the same week they started it. But its no big deal since it does not affect deposits and withdrawal inside bank.
whot of withdrawing with atm can, ll it affect it??
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yet to update. Can it still be updated after deadline
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by emmanuel2015: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
exlinkleads:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I smell something ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
2015 NECO
THEORY/OBJ EXPO
IS OUT
ANSWERS CLICK HERE TO SEE
THE ANSWERS...
[ THEORY/OBJ ] Answers
TEXT MESSAGE ANSWERS: =»
N600 AIRTEL Card .
KINDLY, SEND 600 AIRTEL CARD
PIN, + Subject
Name + Phone number to: 07012379628
WARNING:- Please Dnt Even
Come for Free
Answers, Coz it Will not be
posted!!!
Subscriptionends 1hr to Exam.
` NOTE:- TEXT MESSAGE
ANSWERS Candidates
Gets Answers on their Phones
as SMS First
During the Exam. If you Dont Want to be on Hot
Seat on
[ THEORY/OBJ ]
EXAM, Make Sure
you
send N600 AIRTEL CARD to Mr Expo Solution: on
07012379628 Subscription ends 1hr b4 the
exam.
Advice:- A serious Student
would go vividly extreme miles to see his or her
success coz no
one would be happy to say
am going to re- write
next year that we reject in
God name!! Subscribe Now the earlier the
better! And Be
brave to let your friends
know that Neco cant
Delay you THIS Year.
THIS IS YOUR FUTURE DONT JOKE WITH IT
SUBSCRIBE NOW!!
If you Dont Want to be on Hot
Seat on any Exam, Make Sure you
send N600 Airtel CARD to Mr
Expo Solution: on 07012379628
Subscription ends 1hr b4 the
exam..
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
manjuninho:
Come see crowd as dem dey bank since 7am cos of dis BVN a of a tin, as me no fit queue I jst kari my atm go withdraw evritin wey remain 4 my account am nw on Bankless mode
i've #1400 in my bank account, ll'l be able to withdraw it??
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by akilo1: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
erico2k2:

I meant call your bank's HQ
ok i am going to sesrch for the contact of unity bank headquater or tell my account officer to give me the contact of thier headquater.thks
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by HisLordshipp: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
Adesiji77:

Well I wasn't aware of this BVN until last week. My bank only sent me a message about it on the 26th of this month. And I have been trying to enroll for a few days now without having any success because of crowd. It wasn't like I was aware and intentionally waited until now. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same exact situation as me.

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Emade(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Wat about people who want to open new account?
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by 151487made(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
IlekeHD:

teach who a lesson? see I never do and am not planing to do it now. why can't they make it online registration.

2 Likes

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Intendy: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
let's wait and see. No be so Inec talk
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by haibe(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Can someone tell me what exactly is the implication of this BVN.. does it mean the bankers will be accessing our thumb prints before we perform a transaction in the bank ? Also will the normal bank signature used in registering the account be ignored for that of the BVN when I want to withdraw?
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by adexmuhyi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
IlekeHD:

how i wish i could knw those dirty saints that liked this post,,,, cbn shuld freez ma account first and wait for my actions next

2 Likes

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by haibe(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
xTerses:
Yet to update. Can it still be updated after deadline
which ome is update again pls
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
ElDeeVee:
really?? any ibtc branch there?
I don't think there is
Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by Drenix(m): 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
I laf in swahili................. Dem no fit try am... If dem go postponed a whole general election 4 naija, na dis wan one dem no postponed. Abeg mke una leave story. D worst tin b say error go occur wella 4 dia system cus of d rush. Werin dem go do pipo wey no gt bvn?

1 Like

Re: BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – by kaka22(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mariojane:
GBAM! it can never close they are just whining their mouths because they believe they should threatening us forgetting we are Nigerians and we no dey fear

at worse i will turn my house to my bank
grin... If everyone follows your footstep by turning their houses into banks, then robbers will pay regular visits to every home.. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 7 Richest Women In Nigeria In 2018 - Tushmagazine / Another 419 Format(beware)! / Ifeanyi Ubah Celebrates His 46th Birthday. Pictured With His Wife & Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.