Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:51 PM

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (337 Views)

Argentine President Begs Messi To Come Back - Pix / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by iamkunleajayi: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
An Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria claims he owes his life to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi .Santiago Lopez Menendez, a 28-year-old agricultural engineer, had been working in the west African nation since last year, planting soya and corn crops close to Kontagora in the north-west of the country.But he was kidnapped earlier this week and beaten violently by his captors, who hardly spoke any English and thought he was north American.It was then in desperation that Menendez tried to tell them he was Argentine and he was eventually able to calm down his aggressors with repeated cries of "Messi, Messi, Messi".

Held captive for three days, the engineer was eventually released after the company who employs him paid an undisclosed ransom to the kidnappers.Back in Argentina, his brother Jorge spoke to Clarin and said: "'Tell them I am grateful to Messi', he told me. 'Naming him is what saved me.'"Menendez is now safe and will return to his homeland in the next few hours.

m.goal.com/x/en/news/13138982
Re: Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria by Tolexander: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Messi or Mercy?

The kidnappers must have thought he was saying mercy. What would have telling them Messi offer the Sons of the bitch?

Messi calling saved his life, yet ransom was collected to release him.
How has Messi calling saved his life?
The kidnappers are only after the ransom. Of course, his life isn't useful to them.

(1) (Reply)

Football Stars And Home Duties – Which Player Performs Best For His Country / Benitez Regrets Not Coaching Sterling / Manchester United Close In On Pedro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.