Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Which Internet Connection Do I Use? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Internet Connection Do I Use? (2958 Views)

I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / Which Internet Connection Do You Feel Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by rancetech(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2009
I do a lot of downloading & uploading. I need something stable & fast.

I've tried IZAP (not ok 4me)
I've tried mtn 3.5g (very very unstable)
Thought of swift (Don't know how good & reliable they are)

Please recommend something good for me as I'm tired and frustrated about internet services in Nigeria.

Your contributions/suggestions will be greatly and immensely appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by LateefO(m): 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hi rancetech,
Hey, sorry for the inconvinencies caused by our Nigerian networks/service providers. Really I must sincerly tell you this, there is no reliable one. Why I'm saying this is that I have also used a lot of them all in the name of relliability and stability. In fact it got to a stage that I had to purchase an internet speed booster to help me out.

The best one I can recommend is a broadband service directly from an internet provider, the likes of the one used for cafe and it will be for one or two systems. Although it is very expensive but it is still managable. It is what I am using presently. But nevertheless you can just manage the ones you have because I fear you might just meet someone who will promise you a very good connection and at the long run will also fail you and the person will come pleading or looking for excuse.

To Your Success.
Lateef (Online Business Expert)
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by rancetech(m): 8:16pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Lateef O.
Thanks. What do you use currently and how good is it?
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by Mustay(m): 2:05am On Mar 03, 2009
For personal experiences, Broadband is the best for you. The problem will be choosing the best broadband service available. Dial-up can be sickening. Outside your home, try trusted wifi hotspots or local area connections around you. Moreover, you should have a download manager.
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by tobidaflava(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2009
Are we talking about mobile Internet?
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by rancetech(m): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2009
@mustay
Thanks. I'm actually talking about broadband & not dial-up. I have an IZAP, mtn 3.5g but they aren't ok. Somebody told me about IPNX & Swift but I don't know.

I'm frustrated & another thing is that I'm moving to my new house @ Mowe Ibafo. I know that's going to be the worst.

Any recommendations?
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by ibbguners: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
well i think u should use Hughes b cos it is fast and reliable
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by lynxnoon(m): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2009
ibbguners:

well i think u should[b] use Hughes[/b] b cos it is fast and reliable
abeg which one be HUGHES

rancetech:

@mustay
Thanks. I'm actually talking about broadband & not dial-up. I have an IZAP, mtn 3.5g but they aren't ok. Somebody told me about IPNX & Swift but I don't know.

I'm frustrated & another thing is that I'm moving to my new house @ Mowe Ibafo. I know that's going to be the worst.

Any recommendations?
men my guy ur best bet wud be mtn3G oh!! as per coverage
i use Izap n mtn3G n dey r ok wit ups n downs sha
But to be frank all ISPs hv dia pros n cons
As for IPNX & SWIFT,,,,,,,,quite expensive n i dont tink u'd get good reception at mowe ibafo, if any at all wink
hope dis helps sha
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by Mustay(m): 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
Which wan na HUGHES o!
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by flyuche(m): 2:59am On Mar 09, 2009
rancetech:

@mustay

Any recommendations?
if these 2 no do u, shocked wetin u de download sef? try nigcomsat 1 nah grin
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by lynxnoon(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2009
flyuche:

if these 2 no do u, shocked wetin u de download sef? try nigcomsat 1 nah grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
flyuche u sef grin she na d nigcomsat wey don spoil or d one wey dem neva redy to fix? grin grin
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by EPOMA(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2009
@Flyuche
Thanks my brother , people come in here and all they do is just complains. If person use starcomms or MTN and is not satisfied in Nigerian , then the person get to go Nitel or Niacomsat. Lets pray that glo complete this their GLO-1 Cable one day and then sell it cheap to other ISP, then our internet will Improve.
A country like Nigeria can not depend on VSAT to step down its internet connectivity and then share it around through wireless and expects it to be good, some get from Nitel and we all know that Nitel is not in existence , how they even manage to get bandwidth from Nitel surprises me . So we just get to manage all this.
Saying all this , I have used wireless internet in UK(T-mobile and 3) and they don't seems to be anything better that starcomms in Nigeria, sometimes I have to wait for signals to come back on. So my own conclusion is if we want to have a steady internet without complain, na cable ooo, if not make we just leave with it . This guys , some of them dey try
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by kingugo1: 1:33am On Mar 22, 2009
Hi my Friend that is part of the reason i prefer browsing with phone. Because you pay a lot to your Isp and still get little out of it. However for big internet guys like you, i have one suggestion; There is one Isp based in Canada but give internet connection to nigerians (Broadbad) but i cant remember their name yet. I will gwt back to you as soon as i remember. I shall be well with our isps. Amen
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by obiem(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2009
Try Zoomblast (broadband access) from Zoomobile(former reltel).

It's ok if u ask me
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by brianromel(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2009
I feel your pain ranch,cos i download alot.
The guy that advised you on download managers has a point,u can try dap premium,free download manager or idm its will help your speed on what ever isp your using,also try upping they default download speed.
For izap,try downloading iboast from starcomm's site,it should help abit.
Try checking out iwise posts on the phone section on research,it has some tricks that will help speed up your mozilla and internet explore.
As for swift,its fast cos thats what we use in me office,and its expensive 45k for the equipment and then between 7k and 75k per month depending on how many systems u want to use it with and at what time.
For where your parking to,go with your mtn,but if you feel your up to it for swift,you can call them to find out their cost.
In terms of the best i've used so far,cool link and direct on pc seem to be the fastest internet isp's i've seen so far
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by rancetech(m): 8:38am On Mar 25, 2009
Thanks to everyone who has contributed positively, I appreciate you all.

@brianromel
Can swift work very effectively @ Ibafo. If yes it's ok irrespective of the cost, as long as you're ok with their services, the cost doesn't matter.
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by sniperwolf(m): 3:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
Ask Google
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by lynxnoon(m): 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2009
smiley
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by dapelua(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2009
hav u try broad band, if no u can try it.
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by lynxnoon(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
dapelua:

hav u try broad band, if no u can try it.
ehhhn which of d broadbands? dopc?starcoms?swift?ipnx?etc undecided
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by divinesec: 10:26am On May 14, 2010
I have a software i can install for you and you can use your MTN FASTLINK FOR FREE. is just for a token. this is not freedom software his is tested and trusted. call or sms 08033912991 or 08191600235. or email divesec@yahoo.com. waiting to hear from you.
Re: Which Internet Connection Do I Use? by jelly456: 4:11am On Dec 28, 2013
sniperwolf: Ask Google

Yes,Through the Google search,I found Comcast internet service.
I have deluxe 50 plan from Comcast.
I pay $109.95 I chose that plan my Business.
For me
Download speed-20.047mbps
Upload speed-6.043mbps I checked my internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com
What do you think about my internet speed?

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Problem With My Hp Pavilion Dv9500 (screen Shows Up Split Into 2) / SOLD!! THREAD IS CLOSED LENOVO Thinkpad Core i7 7th Gen 16GB RAM / SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.