Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible (5921 Views)

King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Kalatium(m): 10:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Because do not kill is also in d new covenant, but keep d sabbat isnt a command in d new covenant and paying tithe isnt a new t command, both are none binding on a christian.
But modern churches are forcing us to pay tithe saying we are robbing God

1 Like

Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ubenedictus:
no catholic scholar with d mind of d church will teach that d bible enjoins xtians to keep d sabbath that is a jewish law 4 d jewish people during d dispensation of d old law, it has lost it judicial power when Christ died and and been replace d law of freedom, d spirit of GOD.

Yes of course. No catholic scholar with "d mind of d church" will teach that the Bible enjoins Christians to keep the Sabbath of GOD holy.

Why would they teach the truth? Have they not substituted human tradition for GOD's precepts?

You appear to have not even an iota of Bible knowledge if you claim that the law, and especially the Sabbath was given only to the Jews. Go and read Genesis, after the Creation, to see when GOD instituted and hallowed the Sabbath.

You had better start reading the Bible for yourself and stop following the dictates of your mortal holy father.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2016
Kalatium:

But modern churches are forcing us to pay tithe saying we are robbing God
ThAT is is their own lies.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yes of course. No catholic scholar with "d mind of d church" will teach that the Bible enjoins Christians to keep the Sabbath of GOD holy.

Why would they teach the truth? Have they not substituted human tradition for GOD's precepts?

You appear to have not even an iota of Bible knowledge if you claim that the law, and especially the Sabbath was given only to the Jews. Go and read Genesis, after the Creation, to see when GOD instituted and hallowed the Sabbath.

You had better start reading the Bible for yourself and stop following the dictates of your mortal holy father.
christ has broken down by his body d ordinances and commandments of d old testament. I remember that i have discussed this wit u b4, but u are a judiazer, making d new covenant useless by emphasing d law. Read galatians.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ubenedictus:
christ has broken down by his body d ordinances and commandments of d old testament. I remember that i have discussed this wit u b4, but u are a judiazer, making d new covenant useless by emphasing d law. Read galatians.

Why did Christ command the man who came to him to keep the commandments?(Matt. 19:17-19)

Do you know that the true saints of GOD are those who keep GOD's commandments and have the faith of Jesus?(Rev. 12:17; 14:12)

What reason do you have to disobey GOD's commandments(The 10 Commandments)?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Why did Christ command the man who came to him to keep the commandments?(Matt. 19:17-19)
1. the man was a jew,
2. christ hadnt yet died.

Do you know that the true saints of GOD are those who keep GOD's commandments and have the faith of Jesus?(Rev. 12:17; 14:12)
What reason do you have to disobey GOD's commandments(The 10 Commandments)?
U have a problem with comprehension, i never said d 10 commandments should b disobeyed. instead i repeat what scriptures says We are, therefore, not under the law issuing from Sinai. Instead, we are answerable to God under the "new and living way" (Hebrews
10:20)
we are not under d laws issued at sanai, there is a new testament, new rules for living in d spirit. some old testament laws were brought into d new, but d sabbat certainly wasnt.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ubenedictus:
1. the man was a jew,
2. christ hadnt yet died.

Are you serious? Where did Christ tell the man to keep the commandments until after His death? And where was it stated that Christ's injunction in Matt. 19:17-19 was meant only for Jews? Did Christ's disciples not continue to keep the Sabbath even after He ascended?

U have a problem with comprehension, i never said d 10 commandments should b disobeyed. instead i repeat what scriptures says We are, therefore, not under the law issuing from Sinai. Instead, we are answerable to God under the "new and living way" (Hebrews
10:20)
we are not under d laws issued at sanai, there is a new testament, new rules for living in d spirit. some old testament laws were brought into d new, but d sabbat certainly wasnt.

What are the new rules for living in the spirit? Who abolished the Sabbath, and where did he abolish it?

"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of GOD;" Heb. 4:9
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you serious? Where did Christ tell the man to keep the commandments until after His death? And where was it stated that Christ's injunction in Matt. 19:17-19 was meant only for Jews? Did Christ's disciples not continue to keep the Sabbath even after He ascended?

What are the new rules for living in the spirit? Who abolished the Sabbath, and where did he abolish it?
because a will is in force only when somebody
has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. Heb 9;17
the new dispensation came after Jesus died, d law still had force when JESUS was alive but that change destroying in his own flesh the wall which separated us. HE ABOLISHED THE LAW WITH ITS COMMANDS AND PRECEPTS...through the cross eph 2;15-17
we are no longer under the law, i already quoted dat passage, d law has been abolished by d cross cf eph 2, so too d observance sabbath and days, gal 4:10,11.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
Amen, there exist a sabbath rest in heaven for d people of GOD not here.
DoctorAlien:

4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these
words: “On the seventh day God rested from
all his works.”[c] 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my
rest.” 6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly
had the good news proclaimed to them did not
go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This
he did when a long time later he spoke through
David, as in the passage already quoted: “Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”[d] 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another
day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works,[e] just as God did from his.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ubenedictus:

because a will is in force only when somebody
has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. Heb 9;17
the new dispensation came after Jesus died, d law still had force when JESUS was alive but that change destroying in his own flesh the wall which separated us. HE ABOLISHED THE LAW WITH ITS COMMANDS AND PRECEPTS...through the cross eph 2;15-17

So you know something about testaments/wills? You know that Jesus ratified the New Testament with His blood eh? Where did Jesus command His disciples to disregard the Sabbath before His death? And if Jesus the Testator did not add "disregard for/desecration of the Sabbath" to His covenant before He ratified it with His blood, who can add that to it?

Eph. 2:15 says that Christ abolished "the law of commandments contained in ordinances." Is "thou shalt not kill" contained in ordinances? Is "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy" contained in ordinances?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ubenedictus:
we are no longer under the law, i already quoted dat passage, d law has been abolished by d cross cf eph 2, so too d observance sabbath and days, gal 4:10,11.

Under what law are we now?

"So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

What is this law by which we will be judged? Where is it in the Bible?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law" James 2:10-11

In the light of the verse above, why do you choose to desecrate GOD's Sabbath, seeing that the same Person who said "thou shalt not kill" also said "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy"? Are you not transgressing GOD's law?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Amen, there exist a sabbath rest in heave for d people of GOD.

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 Jn. 5:3

Why are you not keeping GOD's commandments?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
The KJV sounds poetic,and that's about the only reason I'm drawn to it.We can not continue to fool ourselves that modern translations are not necessary. In 1611 when the KJV was first published, there were about 3000 English words.Today, we have over 3000,000 English words.This explains why some words were not correctly translated in the KJV.The more reason why we need modern translations like NIV,NASB,MSG,NLT written in contemporary English that will appeal to the present generations.
This way,the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will have a greater penetration and acceptance.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by achorladey: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
DoctorAlien, ubenedictus
have you taken your time to read Galatians 3:1...... Clues regarding the sabath are right there. Try read through
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 12:59am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 Jn. 5:3

i keep the commandments that are petinent to me as a christian not the jewish law. My bible clearly says i am not under d laws given at sinai. D commandments of Jesus are love God and neighbour. no sabbath was commanded.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

"So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law" James 2:10-11

In the light of the verse above, why do you choose to desecrate GOD's Sabbath, seeing that the same Person who said "thou shalt not kill" also said "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy"? Are you not transgressing GOD's law?
THAT SAME BEING INSPIRED PAUL TO TEACH THAT I AM NO LONGER UNDER D LAW GIVEN AT SINAI, he also taught u that d said law has been abolished by the cross.

any old testament law not repeated in d new testament is no binding on a xtian.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:23am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So you know something about testaments/wills? You know that Jesus ratified the New Testament with His blood eh? Where did Jesus command His disciples to disregard the Sabbath before His death?
the very place wher he allowed d spirit to teach dat d law has been abolished and we are not under it.
And if Jesus the Testator did not add "disregard for/desecration of the Sabbath" to His covenant before He ratified it with His blood, who can add that to it?
go back to ur english class and read up what it means to abolish a law, and what it means not to be under a law.

let me give u an example, nigeria was previously under british laws, their penal codes were also used here, until we made our own constition and abolished theirs. there are stil some laws both nations share but a nigerian in dis country isnt under british law, any law not in d nigerian law book may be disregarded.
D law at sinai has been abolish, a few have been repeated but nt sabat
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 1:58am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I am keeping d law of GOD as it pertains to a christian

Colossians 2:16, “Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a SABBATH DAY -
things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”

the bible clearly say the sabbath observance is just a mere shadow and i should not allow anyone judge me about it, just as d old law is a mere shadow so is its sabbath. those shadow have all passed away.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 2:01am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you serious? Where did Christ tell the man to keep the commandments until after His death? And where was it stated that Christ's injunction in Matt. 19:17-19 was meant only for Jews?
is there any mention of sabbath in that passage? the follow laws were repeated.
18 “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall
not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you
shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.
there is no mention of sabbath

Did Christ's disciples not continue to keep the Sabbath even after He ascended?
GAL 4;
10 You observe days and months and seasons and
years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 2:06am On Dec 11, 2016
DoctorAlien:

it is found in d new testament.

God also inspired this.
Colossians 2:16, “Therefore no one is to act as your judge in
regard to food or drink or in respect to a
festival or a new moon or a sabbath day -
things which are a mere shadow of what is to
come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by Ubenedictus(m): 2:15am On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=DoctorAlien post=51803806]
What are the new rules for living in the spirit?[/] Believe in GOD and in Jesus who he sent, love GOD and neigbour. that is d core of d new rules for living
Who abolished the Sabbath, and where did he abolish it?
JESus did abolish d sabbath when d old law came to an end, they were only mere shadows. it happened on d cross eph 2;5

there wil b a sabbath rest from all work in heaven, that passage doesnt teach to observe d sabbath. D rest is in heaven not now.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by flamingREED(m): 4:50am On Dec 11, 2016
Ezekiel 3
26 And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for they are a rebellious house.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
THAT SAME BEING INSPIRED PAUL TO TEACH THAT I AM NO LONGER UNDER D LAW GIVEN AT SINAI, he also taught u that d said law has been abolished by the cross.

any old testament law not repeated in d new testament is no binding on a xtian.

So under which laws are we now?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
the very place wher he allowed d spirit to teach dat d law has been abolished and we are not under it. go back to ur english class and read up what it means to abolish a law, and what it means not to be under a law.

let me give u an example, nigeria was previously under british laws, their penal codes were also used here, until we made our own constition and abolished theirs. there are stil some laws both nations share but a nigerian in dis country isnt under british law, any law not in d nigerian law book may be disregarded.
D law at sinai has been abolish, a few have been repeated but nt sabat

Where did the Spirit of GOD teach that the Law of GOD has been abolished?

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" Rom. 3:31"
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:

I am keeping d law of GOD as it pertains to a christian

Colossians 2:16, “Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a SABBATH DAY -
things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”

the bible clearly say the sabbath observance is just a mere shadow and i should not allow anyone judge me about it, just as d old law is a mere shadow so is its sabbath. those shadow have all passed away.

Col. 2:14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

It is not hard to see that Col. 2:14-17 was talking about ceremonial laws. This set of ceremonial laws were the same which was "contrary to us"(see Deut. 31:26) and was placed by the side of the ark. It was different from the moral law(10 Commandments) which was placed inside the ark.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by baylrc4real(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Uncountable and u mentioned just five OP I think its u that has the uncountable problems not KJV because its remains the best undiluted holy word of God. forget the modern or archaic English what matters is the holyspirit inspired understanding. even if u change the English one day in the future ur changes will also be archaic.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:

is there any mention of sabbath in that passage? the follow laws were repeated.
18 “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall
not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you
shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.
there is no mention of sabbath

Also not mentioned are there "thou shalt not covet", "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain" "thou shalt have no other god before me." Are we now to disobey these laws?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
GAL 4;
10 You observe days and months and seasons and
years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.

"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ." 1 Cor. 11:1

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures," Acts 17:2

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a riverside, where prayer was wont to be made..." Acts 16:13

Why are you not imitating Paul, seeing that he imitated Christ(Luke 4:16)?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus,

Seeing that the Sabbath will be kept in Heaven,

For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship
before me, saith the LORD. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they
shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. Isa. 66:22-24

Why are you not keeping it now?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
it is found in d new testament.

Where is the law?

Why are do you insist on sinning seeing that "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth the law: for sin is the transgression of the law"(1 Jn. 3:4)?

Why are you committing sin by choosing to transgress the law?
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus, what do you have to say about these quotes from the catholic church?

"Not the Creator of Universe, in Genesis 2:1-3,- but the Catholic Church can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his work every seven days."-S. C. Mosna, Storia della Domenica, 1969, pp. 366-367.

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man,but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, "Papa," art. 2, translated.

"The Pope has the power tochange times, to abrogate laws, and todispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it,to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.
Re: Uncountable Problems Of King James Version of the Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Ubenedictus, in the light of this quote:

"Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; --she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority." -Rev. Stephan Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism, "On the Obedience Due to the Church," chap. 2, p. 174. (Imprimatur, John Cardinal McCloskey, archbishop of New York.)

Why are you being a hypocrite by trying to make it look as if it was the Bible that commanded disregard for the Sabbath of GOD, when, in fact, it was the Beast(Papacy) that commanded it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Author Says Female Masturbation Is ‘Direct Path To Satan’ / 6 Big Reasons Why Islam Is False / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.