Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces (62614 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / Buratai In Special Forces Uniform / Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Deprime007: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2015
Do these soldiers look like real commandos? Can you equate them with the US MARINES
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:
Ibnsultaan, some more photos!
tanks sir
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by jayben(m): 9:50am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You dunce!

If they don't have the right equipment how are they expected to fight efficiently.

Stop being a moronic simpleton.

My criticism of their equipment stems from experience in the field.

experience from the field u said, channel your observations and recommendations to the appropriate authorities and don't come here and start feeling like one Jack Baue
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ApexTitan(m): 9:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Deprime007:
Do these soldiers look like real commandos? Can you equate them with the US MARINES

What does this have to do with anything?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2015
Henry240:
Ibnsultaan, some more photos!
tanks sir
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by edoyad(m): 9:55am On Jun 30, 2015
jayben:
experience from the field u said, channel your observations and recommendations to the appropriate authorities and don't come here and start feeling like one Jack Baue

Don't come here to cocck block, if you have anything to add please drop it. Simple

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by 400billionman: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572620_111168501635324593363291108634352n_jpeg4bf34de9fcfa1f3ca6aab38e3e36258c

This is plain retardo.

How do you use a sniper rifle for CQB?

I wonder. The length of the gun is a big disadvantage to that operation.

2 Likes

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by 400billionman: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
[size=18pt]Soon to be Commissioned and Integrated into the Guards Brigade, The 301 Jihad Brigade [/size]

Are you being serious or funny ?
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by firetrap(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572632_107272147144103886439691086886218n_jpeg02945d62d1b7ebb54b529a5569375715

Another retardo

You don't use Bullpups assault rifles in field combat

The IWI Tavor SAR being carried by the Nigerian Naval team is best used in small confined spaces and not in open field.

The German Soldier is operating with the right field range weapon.

No wonder Boko is kicking their azzes

Stop being an insufferable know it all. the bullpup rifle has the same barrel lenght with any other rifle with the same calibre specs. it is just shorter because the "action group" or "bolt carrier group" is behind the trigger mechanism.

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by loomer: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2015
hedonistic:

That's why Nigeria would remain stagnant. You dolts prefer to arrogantly revel in ignorance and mediocrity than to admit your lack of knowledge and accept correction. Ignorance mixed with heavy concentrations of arrogance that's most Nigerians for you. It is ridiculous.

Someone who knows what he is talking about is making well-informed and valid observations and all you monkeys can do is let your foolish egos shine through.

So because he was speaking plenty grammar and saying things I could always learn from playing video games den it means I should accept all he has said, my friend u are so wrong if u think so.
I've seen isreali forces use some of those guns he's condemning, yet they are one of the best forces in the world.

I will neva condemn the efforts put in by the soldiers cos not even one of us can do wat they are doing.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ApexTitan(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2015
zeestunner:

America with all their drones,military hardware and everythings they've got including the f-16's and shit ran away frm iraq and afganistan anr are afraid to join the isis war. U see terrorism is a very dificult type or warfare and it takes a long time to finish. So bros abeg nigerian army don over try sef if u compare there budget,weapons,technology,training even alawee sef with western armies most especially d US army.

Nigerian Army "don over try"? It's this attitude of refusing to admit to our shortcomings that continues to be our undoing.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Lordave: 10:04am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
These remind of John Porter, Michael Stonebridge and Damien Scott in Strike Back. Those guys bad.
The only time you've made sense to me, is today. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I'm going to watch Strike Back season 4 for the third time because of this thread. grin

Michael Stonebridge, the most disciplined soldier to ever walk the earth, the way that dude handles guns makes me wanna join Section 20. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by 400billionman: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Mopping up... Hostiles have been neutralised if you look carefully you'll see another soldier with AK 47 nearby

I am tying to see what is on his left hands. If that is a pistol, then its okay. If not, then he is not using the right weapon for that operation.

The guy making those criticisms is actually right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by 400billionman: 10:08am On Jun 30, 2015
bigtt76:
Exactly my thoughts too ....you jab the door open and with a 2nd soldier ready to shoot not use your hand and expect to open the door and attack when confronted undecided I now see why many Nigerian soldiers are fallen angry

Intelligence is a rare gem. Though I expect another soldier to be behind him outside the camera view area.

This might also be a photo session or training session but as you said it looks all wrong to those who know..

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by 400billionman: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2015
lonelydora:
Kudos to our gallant men. Op, when did DSS men turn to special forces. NA don't use that gun, you know.

In joint operations, they do.

You cannot define what happens in the front lines though..

1 Like

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572620_111168501635324593363291108634352n_jpeg4bf34de9fcfa1f3ca6aab38e3e36258c

This is plain retardo.

even me wey no be military, noticed that too.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Norajones(f): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2572632_107272147144103886439691086886218n_jpeg02945d62d1b7ebb54b529a5569375715

Another retardo

You don't use Bullpups assault rifles in field combat

The IWI Tavor SAR being carried by the Nigerian Naval team is best used in small confined spaces and not in open field.

The German Soldier is operating with the right field range weapon.

No wonder Boko is kicking their azzes
if u know so much then why are you not in sambisa? I guess its easier said than done.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by stankezzy: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2015
IbnSultaan:

You are indeed a ,,,,,,,,,

The soldier is helping his colleagues with sweeping.
And that's normal don't say things you lack knowledge on
oga people are wise nowadays and knows a lot of things .The gun is a sniper's rifle meant for long range and precision . Not for house to house search. You do house to house search with shorter gun so dat you can manover it and be able to shoot at a close range.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by chronique(m): 10:31am On Jun 30, 2015
This is not correct. I have personally seen DSS officials and Nigerian SWAT(don't know what department of the military they operate in),use the TAVOR. The SWAT guys were sitted in a white hilux.
IbnSultaan:

TAVOR is also used by Navy SBS and NAF QRF
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2015
firetrap:

Stop being an insufferable know it all. the bullpup rifle has the same barrel lenght with any other rifle with the same calibre specs. it is just shorter because the "action group" or "bolt carrier group" is behind the trigger mechanism.
difference is one is longer, you just buttressed his observations.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by osazee12(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

This is plain retardo.

If u watched american sniper, u will notice he used his sniper rifle at somepoint for CQB
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2015
ok...
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by firetrap(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2015
DBlackCeazer:

No it's not. both are the same barrel lenght. Google is your friend, don't run away from it.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by firetrap(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2015
DBlackCeazer:

No it's not. both are the same barrel lenght. Google is your friend, don't run away from it. long barrel rifles are no longer in vogue
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2015
Lordave:
The only time you've made sense to me, is today. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

I'm going to watch Strike Back season 4 for the third time because of this thread. grin

Michael Stonebridge, the most disciplined soldier to ever walk the earth, the way that dude handles guns makes me wanna join Section 20. cheesy
Okay.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Ninilowo(m): 11:10am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:
[size=18pt]Soon to be Commissioned and Integrated into the Guards Brigade, The 301 Jihad Brigade [/size]

Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Ninilowo(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

grin
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by ExInferis(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

You are indeed a slowpoke.

A Sniper covers from a "bird" location where he can have a complete aerial view from where he provides rear cover and recon to troops engaged in the battle zone.

it doesnt have to be "aerial view", whatever that is. All a sniper needs is defilade (both cover and concealment) and LoS. Also, a sniper CAN assist fireteams to clear structures as a sniper is also trained in CQB and doubles as an assaulter.

your critique about their equipment is likewise silly. im not sure you're more tactically or strategically sounder than military advisers (foreign and local).

you frakking Toy Soldier.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollinger:

The United States military.
ok
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by holiboy: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2015
God of heaven and the earth will bless our dear army and give them victory over our enemy. God protect them for us
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2015
Reference:

70 percent of their battles were in close confined spaces, please be informed. When a Company goes into a battle it carries an assortment of weapons shared amongst various sections to adapt to changing scenarios typical of assymetric warfare. Typically intel comes in that a group of insurgents are occupying a village. They advance on the village and may engage at distance with more accurate field rifles. They supress the enemy and move in to mop up, house to house. At close quarters the field rifle is clumsy and ineffective, a smaller, handy gun is better. So don't criticise until you have the full picture. In assymetric warfare you need more than one speciality. Our military has found out this at great cost.

Thank you for the sober analysis. A single picture does not say much without its context.
Re: Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces by idu1(m): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2015
ShoryuKen:
I never knew Nairaland-ers are this knowledgeable on defence/military/strategy, this is an eye-opener. I'm humbled and learning; kudos to all contributors, on all sides.
but the insults are too much.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policeman Looting COVID-19 Palliatives In Gwagwalada Caught On Camera / Nnamdi Kanu: Adamu Garba Says Buhari Knows How To Handle, Care For His Prisoners / Sahara Reporters Posts Dino Melaye's Foreign Account Details And Check Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.