Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” (20468 Views)

Adedotun Niyi Adebayo And Morenikeji's Wedding Photos / Richard Niyi Adebayo And Reni Young Traditional Wedding Photos / Buhari Calls Niyi Adebayo On Phone From London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by bettercreature(m): 1:29am On Jun 30, 2015
enowned poet, Prof. Niyi Osundare, has decried the process leading to the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as the President of the Senate.

Osundare said in a poem titled “Blues for the New Senate King,” that Saraki not only betrayed his party, the All Progressives Congress, but also betrayed Nigerians who were eager for change.

The poem was published by an online medium, Sahara Reporters, on Monday.

The poet said Saraki only thinks of himself and that was why he was willing to give the Deputy Senate Presidency to the Peoples Democratic Party in order to achieve his aim.

The social critic said Saraki’s behaviour should not be surprising since he comes from a political family.

The poem read, “Behold, the people ask: Who will save us from our prostitutes in power? He wanted so desperately to be king of the Senate. He left the path of honour behind. Haba!

“He stabbed noble faith and trust in the back and put the traitor’s knife on the bonds that bind. Power-intoxicated, blinded by ambition, he only cares for three big people: ‘I, me and myself’.

“A renegade old book with phoney letters; vacuous, thumb-stained on history’s shelf. His feet never know the way to the house of honour. Integrity is visibly missing in his diction of deceit.

“He sold us cheap in the commerce of the backroom caucus. Coming back later with a false receipt. Cocky without conscience, rude without restraint, he traded away a victory won with our sweat and blood.

“A discredited enemy behind his tarnished banner; he trampled the people’s hope in the shameful mud. The fruit never falls far from its tree; true scion of a cold and crooked clan. Broken banks, broken dreams, and broken lives, he’s a fitting heir to a dubious pedigree.”

Osundare described Nigerian politicians as unscrupulous individuals who smell like corpses. He said it would be difficult to expect loyalty from such people when they were always defecting.

He said as long as Nigerians remain unconcerned about politics, leaders would continue to take the people for granted.

In the second stanza of the poem, Osundare criticised politicians in general, saying they lacked shame.

He said, “PDP in the morning, Labour at noon, APC at night; wind-vane politicians with multiple tongues. They plod through life like shameless masquerades. Their trails are littered by a litany of wrongs. Our rulers stink like festering corpses.

“Their crimes choke the startled world. Honourless, ruthless, with hearts of stone in league, all times, with treacherous forces; prostitute dealers, perfidious scoundrels. They sell us short in every market.

“Devoid of scruple, averse to sense, they blight the ballot and steal our votes.

“They cast us adrift on the swindled oceans with tattered sails and leaking boat. And we the people are the absent factor bought, sold, disdainfully discarded.”

Calls to the line of Saraki’s media aide, Yusufu Olaniyonu, did not connect. Also, a text message sent to his line by our correspondent to seek his reaction was not replied.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/saraki-stabbed-apc-osundare/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by HungerBAD: 1:31am On Jun 30, 2015
Just hit LIKE if you are tired of Saraki's story everyday.

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by aresa: 1:50am On Jun 30, 2015
A discredited enemy behind his tarnished banner; he trampled the people’s hope in the shameful mud. The fruit never falls far from its tree; true scion of a cold and crooked clan. Broken banks, broken dreams, and broken lives, he’s a fitting heir to a dubious pedigree.

Basically....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by IlekeHD: 1:52am On Jun 30, 2015
I have yo agree. It was pitiful.

Just because APC didn't get what it wanted. I'm disappointed because I thought things would change, but the defamation of Saraki is enough to make me decamp to KOWA

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Businessideas: 2:08am On Jun 30, 2015
Broken (Societe Generale?)banks, broken dreams, and broken lives, he’s a fitting heir to a dubious pedigree.”

That 'banks' should be in singular if it's only one bank except there are other Saraki-owned bank(s) that 'kaput' apart from Societe Generale undecided
I may be wrong though

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by dayo23(f): 2:47am On Jun 30, 2015
Saraki is a traitor, APC na learners party

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by modath(f): 2:48am On Jun 30, 2015
"The poet said Saraki only thinks of himself and that was why he was willing to give the Deputy Senate Presidency to the Peoples Democratic Party in order to achieve his aim.

This is the arguement that the anti present govt agents have always tried to shy from when defending Saraki's action, using Tambuwal as an example...

Did he give his party's hard won victory to the opposition

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 2:55am On Jun 30, 2015
modath:

This is the arguement that the anti present govt agents have always tried to shy from when defending Saraki's action, using Tambuwal as an example...

Did he give his party's hard won victory to the opposition
Was Saraki the one that asked other APC colleagues to pay visit to ICC when they should have been in the Chambers

was Saraki the Clerk of NASS that inaugurate the house at 10am

If Tinubu can make 51 people so daft then I pray he should not be allowed to lead the whole of southwest and we Yoruba race to ruin .....

Yoruba has never known to play daft Politics at the centre only to cry traitor , backstabbing in the news until Tinubu enter the stage .

Tinubu can't fight Northern Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria at the same time politically ...... Media propaganda and 1Billion Niyi Osundabe and Saharareporters can't shake Saraki infact it is in this dispensation that they will become unpopular.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by modath(f): 3:13am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Was Saraki the one that asked other APC colleagues to pay visit to ICC when they should have been in the Chambers

was Saraki the Clerk of NASS that inaugurate the house

If Tinubu can make 51 people so daft then I pray he should not be allowed to lead the whole of southwest and we Yoruba race to ruin .....

Yoruba has never known to play daft Politics at the centre only to cry traitor , backstabbing in the news until Tinubu enter the stage .

Tinubu can't fight Northern Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria at the same time politically ...... he must brokered power in any of these regions .....

I usually shy away from arguments here but..., you claim the APC senators are daft right for obeying the platform that got them into the senate in order to forestall a crisis right? Ok. Could you answer me this?

"Were you aware that as at 48hrs to "election" it was already in the public domain that PDP was going to support the candidates APC didn't support & that Ekweremadu was their choice for the DSP? Yet Saraki is passing the buck to his colleagues

"Saraki claimed he didn't receive the SMS for the meeting, but he got wind of a plan to abduct him & that the clerk was already in the chambers before he left the small car he was hiding in from 6 AM to a quarter to 10 to proceed for his "election.

I watched the proceedong live & from Saraki's body language, even a slow person will know the intricacies in that well hatched plan.

Saraki is a true politician, how he gets stuff done is immaterial, as long as he gets his wishes & desires met.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by ziccoit: 3:19am On Jun 30, 2015
He stabbed himself. The guy is under serious pressure and I hope he does not relegate himself into political oblivion for allowing himself to be wrongly used.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by omokab: 3:20am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:

was Saraki the Clerk of NASS that inaugurate the house at 10am

Tinubu can't fight Northern Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria at the same time politically ...... Media propaganda and 1Billion Niyi Osundabe and Saharareporters can't shake Saraki infact it is in this dispensation that they will become unpopular.
You don't even sound like a yoruba. We yorubas are trained not to be a betrayal no matter how it is. I am a typical Yoruba from Ibadan. Initially before the election of SP I was supporting Saraki but I change my mind because of the way he got that to that sit. Yo said Tinubu fool yoruba by calling other senators to meet at ICC, is it Tinubu that called for the meeting or mr president or have you heard from president denied that he's the one that called for the meeting. We should learn to call black ,a black and white should always be white. And mind you,Tinubu is not fighting north nor fightin east,if so majority of senators and rep from those you mentioned and their leaders will not be backing Tinubu,including mr.president. Or have you seen mr president and sairaki talking or having meeting Saraki became SP. Saraki we know is a typical betrayal and a power drunk!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by wengerjay(m): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by generaliy07(m): 3:34am On Jun 30, 2015
It is well
Did you read "the last Monkey in Idanre"? Oya enjoy this too
https://samueliyanu./2015/06/29/animashahun-our-benevolent-sister/

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 30, 2015
.Those defending saraki don't know him, the man is still kwara state governor and @ d same time Senate president, only kwara people will understand what am saying.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 3:55am On Jun 30, 2015
omokab:
You don't even sound like a yoruba. We yorubas are trained not to be a betrayal no matter how it is. I am a typical Yoruba from Ibadan. Initially before the election of SP I was supporting Saraki but I change my mind because of the way he got that to that sit. Yo said Tinubu fool yoruba by calling other senators to meet at ICC, is it Tinubu that called for the meeting or mr president or have you heard from president denied that he's the one that called for the meeting. We should learn to call black ,a black and white should always be white. And mind you,Tinubu is not fighting north nor fightin east,if so majority of senators and rep from those you mentioned and their leaders will not be backing Tinubu,including mr.president. Or have you seen mr president and sairaki talking or having meeting Saraki became SP. Saraki we know is a typical betrayal and a power drunk!
Unfortunately, you can't decide whether am a Yoruba or not ....If sounding daft is your definition of sounding Yoruba then am not a daft Yooba.

Yoruba are known for wisdom since time and we have never played daft Politics since Awolowo nor Akintola even during MKO and when Obasanjo was resuscitated from Prison by Northern Oligarch .....

Why would Buhari called for a meeting when he already sent official letter to Clerk of NASS to inaugurate NASS by 10am ..... was Buhari himself in that meeting where we have more than 51 APC members and National leaders of APC

If you are truly an Ibadan born ( ibi ole to n jare olohun) , you would know there is no reason for Saraki and Buhari to court . The reason for lack of accountability and transparency in Nigeria is because of cordial relationship between the SP and the President. So, why should SP who lead the house that check President expected to court the same President he is expected to conduct vigilante upon

Tinubu through his boys denied SW the position of Speaker to support Tambuwal now the same Tinubu denied SW number 3 position by imposing Gbajabiamala which the same Tinubu fought against in 2011.

Omo Offa lemi , omo olalomi abisu joko Ijakadi loro toffa, emi lomo laare bure ikan ooogbodo jokan .

I am a Yoruba that found myself in North Central state of Kwara.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 3:58am On Jun 30, 2015
yemaldo:
.Those defending saraki don't know him, the man is still kwara state governor and @ d same time Senate president, only kwara people will understand what am saying.
Yes, we do understand what you are saying . infact, we call him Governor-General and Fatai Deputy Governor.

Tinubu also decide who get what in Lagos ..... no Politician is a saint ....

But in the drama playing out in Federal Government, Saraki has done nothing wrong.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Ikengawo: 4:04am On Jun 30, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Hayorstimmy: 4:04am On Jun 30, 2015
All dz for saraki again... Dz man is on a long thing

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 4:12am On Jun 30, 2015
modath:

I usually shy away from arguments here but..., you claim the APC senators are daft right for obeying the platform that got them into the senate in order to forestall a crisis right? Ok. Could you answer me this?

"Were you aware that as at 48hrs to "election" it was already in the public domain that PDP was going to support the candidates APC didn't support & that Ekweremadu was their choice for the DSP? Yet Saraki is passing the buck to his colleagues

"Saraki claimed he didn't receive the SMS for the meeting, but he got wind of a plan to abduct him & that the clerk was already in the chambers before he left the small car he was hiding in from 6 AM to a quarter to 10 to proceed for his "election.

I watched the proceedong live & from Saraki's body language, even a slow person will know the intricacies in that well hatched plan.

Saraki is a true politician, how he gets stuff done is immaterial, as long as he gets his wishes & desires met.
It wasn't the party that called the meeting kindly get your fact right sir, it was Mr President that called the meeting not the Party unfortunately the President himself is not there in the meeting

What we should ask ourself is what role does the Constitution place on the party on the election of NASS principal officers

If ACN could fought PDP in 2011 because of imposition of Mulikat Adeola's Akande (a Yoruba woman) to support the choice of the Opposition in the name of Tambuwal (who later emerged) . Why is the same ACN faction in APC imposing candidate on the NASS Why is APC doing the same thing they fought PDP against in 2011

Saraki is not over ambitious to me but when Tinubu started calling all shot in the choice of strategic positions in APC and Governance ..... I don't think other APC leaders would be comfortable.

We should phase out GODFATHERISM in our Politics and yes including Saraki as a Godfather in Kwara state.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by aresa: 4:17am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Unfortunately, you can't decide whether am a Yoruba or not .... Yoruba are known for wisdom since time and we have never played daft Politics since Awolowo nor Akintola even during MKO and when Obasanjo was resuscitated from Prison by Northern Oligarch .....

Why would Buhari called for a meeting when he already sent official letter to Clerk of NASS to inaugurate NASS by 10am ..... was Buhari himself in that meeting where we have more than 51 APC members and National leaders of APC

If you are truly an Ibadan born ( ibi ole to n jare olohun) , you would know there is no reason for Saraki and Buhari to court . The reason for lack of accountability and transparency in Nigeria is because of cordial relationship between the SP and the President. So, why should SP who lead the house that check President expected to court the same President he is expected to conduct vigilante upon

Tinubu through his boys denied SW the position of Speaker to support Tambuwal now the same Tinubu denied SW number 3 position by imposing Gbajabiamala which the same Tinubu fought against in 2011.

Omo Offa lemi , omo olalomi abisu joko Ijakadi loro toffa, emi lomo laare bure ikan ooogbodo jokan .

I am a Yoruba that found myself in North Central state of Kwara.

You became a member or registered yesterday, you have 20 posts and nearly all your 20 posts are Saraki and pro Saraki related?

What gives? Are you saraki or Saraki paid you to sign up and do nothing on NL but yell Saraki all over the place?

https://www.nairaland.com/bollove/posts

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 4:30am On Jun 30, 2015
aresa:

You became a member or registered yesterday, you have 20 posts and nearly all your 20 posts are Saraki and pro Saraki related?

What gives? Are you saraki or Saraki paid you to sign up and do nothing on NL but yell Saraki all over the place?

https://www.nairaland.com/bollove/posts
You see , you are still playing the sill.y Yoruba dude .... what gives you the impression that am new to Nairaland even I register a minute ago. I have been on Nairaland since Nairaland herself ..... I expect you to claim I am bias because I am from Kwara.

I thought you would constructively countered my arguments above but instead of taking me on , you resolved to tell me when I registered....

Awon Ode to n mu aye bu awa Yoruba .... Imagine Saraki , A Yoruba North Central being castigated by SW Yorubas because Tinubu was not allowed to have it his way .

When Tinubu single-handedly selected Oyegun (dull Chairman) and Osinbajo a Vice President in a party of many leaders , Tinubu was cool but now that Saraki emerged , the SW Yorubas now set medias against Saraki.

yeye people na una be !!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by aresa: 4:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
You see , you are still playing the sill.y Yoruba dude .... what gives you the impression that am new to Nairaland even I register a minute ago. I have been on Nairaland since Nairaland herself ..... I expect you to claim I am bias because I am from Kwara.

I thought you would constructively countered my arguments above but instead of taking me on , you resolved to tell me when I registered....

Awon Ode to n mu aye bu awa Yoruba .... Imagine Saraki , A Yoruba North Central being castigated by SW Yorubas because Tinubu was not allowed to have it his way .

When Tinubu was single-handedly selected Oyegun (dull Chairman) and Osinbajo in a party of many leaders , Tinubu was cool but now that Saraki emerged , the SW Yorubas now set medias against Saraki.

yeye!!!

The fact that you are granpa on NL is meaningless and irrelevant because you as a poster posting with the ID you are posting with registered yesterday as a member on NL with 20 posts so far and nearly all Saraki related.

You are obviously on a pro Saraki mission.

Btw, I don't counter or debate rumors, gists and market women ramblings. You are entitled to all that rubbish...

9 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:00am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
It wasn't the party that called the meeting kindly get your fact right sir, it was Mr President that called the meeting not the Party unfortunately the President himself is not there in the meeting

What we should ask ourself is what role does the Constitution place on the party on the election of NASS principal officers

If ACN could fought PDP in 2011 because of imposition of Mulikat Adeola's Akande (a Yoruba woman) to support the choice of the Opposition in the name of Tambuwal (who later emerged) . Why is the same ACN faction in APC imposing candidate on the NASS Why is APC doing the same thing they fought PDP against in 2011

Saraki is not over ambitious to me but when Tinubu started calling all shot in the choice of strategic positions in APC and Governance ..... I don't think other APC leaders would be comfortable.

We should phase out GODFATHERISM in our Politics and yes including Saraki as a Godfather in Kwara state.
You lied, Tambuwal was a member of PDP when he became Speaker in 2011.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 30, 2015
Sharrap and stop hating on Saraki.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 5:27am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You lied, Tambuwal was a member of PDP when he became Speaker in 2011.
Orlando , I know you are "ACN apologetics" Point to where I said Tambuwal was in ACN

I posted he was the choice of the Opposition but Akande was the choice of PDP same way Bukola was the choice of PDP today while Lawan was the choice of some faction of APC

Oya ooo !!! e wa argue now !!

8 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by msmon(m): 5:33am On Jun 30, 2015
[size=17pt]The same way he stabbed PDP. He's a prostitute politian.[/size]
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 5:37am On Jun 30, 2015
aresa:

The fact that you are granpa on NL is meaningless and irrelevant because you as a poster posting with the ID you are posting with registered yesterday as a member on NL with 20 posts so far and nearly all Saraki related.

You are obviously on a pro Saraki mission.

Btw, I don't counter or debate rumors, gists and market women ramblings. You are entitled to all that rubbish...
Lol ..... you just chicken out. Never allow Tinubu exaggeration to blind your Political Intelligence next time ..... Endeavour to think outside the box on your own.
"A ki wo inu omi Ka tun ma pariwo otutu" loro Tinubu-Saraki ........
It is not fair because some folks has supremacy over the Media to tarnish Saraki image .... It is not as if I have painted Bukola as good or bad ..... I only said , HE HAS DONE NOTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL and Unethical.

simply because Saraki didn't allow Tinubu to win him doesn't make Saraki a bad man.

I am only here to voice my opinion but whenever you are airing your Opinion regarding someone on Nairaland you are believed to have been paid to do so.

Yes. anything anti Saraki against Tinubu on Nairaland irked me.

yeye ni e jor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:41am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Orlando , I know you are "ACN apologetics" Point to where I said Tambuwal was in ACN

I posted he was the choice of the Opposition but Akande was the choice of PDP same way Bukola was the choice of PDP today while Lawan was the choice of some faction of APC

Oya ooo !!! e wa argue now !!
How did Tambuwal, the choice of the opposition, come to be the Speaker? I thought all the 360 elected members were present?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 5:48am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How did Tambuwal, the choice of the opposition, come to be the Speaker? I thought all the 360 elected members were present?
Yes they were all present and Majority of them resent the imposition of Mulikat Adeola Akande by the PDP thus elect Tambuwal as their Speaker . That is how Tambuwal emerged.

ask other questions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by rawtouch: 5:52am On Jun 30, 2015
Talking about this is akin to flogging a dead horse

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by sosanova: 5:54am On Jun 30, 2015
[size=13pt] grin grin grin grin
it seems Saraki is giving Yoruba people sleepless night, the hausa are not complaining, only Yoruba people are complaining bitterly n lamenting everyday over Saraki
quote me negatively n let Sango n Obatala strike u n ur generations
[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by carnegiefan: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2015
IlekeHD:
I have yo agree. It was pitiful.

Just because APC didn't get what it wanted. I'm disappointed because I thought things would change, but the defamation of Saraki is enough to make me decamp to KOWA

REALLY shocked
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Stops Live Coverage Of Saraki’s Trial / Badeh Forfeits $1m Cash, N1bn Mansion To FG / Defection: Dogara’s Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.