Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG (23534 Views)

Buhari Spent $2.6bn On Boko Haram Crisis –CDS / Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / How Dasuki Paid Dokpesi N2.1bn Without A Contract — Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Orikinla(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Na to jail her remain.

[size=15pt] Iya Oni Gele [/size]
Good title for Nollywood Yoruba movie. grin
Funke Akindele will kill the role.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Abugab(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2015
kettykin:

I repeat again if APC goes about dissipating time and energy in trying to elect national assembly principal offices and trying to foist the present economic woes on the previous administration then nigeria will remain worse off than it was under pdp.

Apc apparently lacks idea of how to move the nation forward and are relying on bulk passing and blame games.

Whatever you have gotten from the past regime will not last a life time.
I wonder if you are a Nigerian or you are not based here.
These details released should be something that provokes every Nigerian to ask the right questions and not put it at the altar of partisanship. I am sure you are not even a politician nor did you cast your vote in any of the elections.
Something that has affected us all has been said and the best we can do is to start blaming those who brought this to our knowledge. If it was kept as secret I am sure you will scream they have gotten their share in it.

I am not holding the forthe for okonjo iweala because in the next few weeks she will come and disgrace the mere commissioner and his team.

Is not that elrufai who wrecked NITEL by concessioning it to pentascope when he was BPE chairman and made an otherwise profitable government company to loose N100b within 3 months and run into financial crisis, NITEL was eventually bankrupt and was sold for just N52b.

Osibanjo the former commissioner whose ineptitude smacks of lack leadership skills and carriage Couldn't even covene his party members meeting.

Now these 2 slacks have found a new assignment in apportionment of blames to the past ministers.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by omenka(m): 10:40am On Jun 30, 2015
freshdude99:

But lets leave sentiment out of this my friend, do think in a complex country like Nigeria especially in GEJ government that was closely checkmated that an amount to The tune of $2.1b can ever be spent with out approval? Sometimes I just wonder what's wrong with this apc govt.
If pmb thinks less of her and her qualifications as he claims all the time why then did he travel with her to SA for the AU meeting recently?
Let me tell you, aside all these politics even pmb knows that Nigeria don't have a better candidate for that office than her.
In my opinion, she did her very best for this country, akinwunmi adesina would attest to that in all the encomium he showered on her recently
Look at this: in 2011, about 500billion was appropriated for subsidy and in the end, over 2trilion was said to have been spent without recourse to the National Assembly!! There wasn't a SINGLE supplementary appropriation to that effect as revealed by the various probe committees set up to look into subsidy expenditures. Isn't that eerily identical to the situation here?

Nigerian government under Jonathan was especially known for such gross misconduct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Princehojay(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2015
9jatatafo:
PMB and APC are just confused!!!!! How can a minister spent such money without the presidency and senate knowing about it? When we have corrupt government? Even PMB when he was minister of petroleum during OBJ's military era moved N2.8 billion ($5.6 billion) when N1 was equal to $2 without being accounted for in 1976. Get the current value of that $5.6 million today. PMB and APC should park well jare.

Where were you at that time, because it is very obvious that you are very good in telling people stories of when your parents have not even meet each other not to talk of producing you this big head without brain...........
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by 9jatatafo(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2015
Princehojay:

Where were you at that time, because it is very obvious that you are very good in telling people stories of when your parents have not even meet each other not to talk of producing you this big head without brain...........

It is a shame that you open your mouth without thinking. You seems to know everyone"s age on NL.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by sammyj: 10:48am On Jun 30, 2015
I pity you. If we the future leader talk this way then the hope Nigeria and the world at large is finished !!! grin grin
chukwudi44:

She only brought anger to you children of hate!! stop substituting Yoruba and hausa irredentists for Nigerians!!! Before the end of today, I bet you she would tear this claim to shreds!!!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Okanyidudu: 10:49am On Jun 30, 2015
owobokiri:
In few hours, Iweala will take these APC party rats to school on how to grasp the rudiments of basic addition and substraction

NOI by reputation is not that kind of person that will engage herself in this kind shenanigan. She is one very diligent and organised person. I am quite certain she will soon come up with facts to put the record straight.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by mcyinks: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2015
pls when are my pple (yoruba) going to have common sense and stop being used by the so cal our northern masters. did any body ever cal for the probe of turai and are cohort for the treasury they loot
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Superman11(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Na to jail her remain.

[size=15pt] Iya Oni Gele [/size]

[size=18pt] JAIL JAIL JAIL .. na so ooh. If JOna thief make them jail am sef[/size]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by romityl: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2015
Some of this fools wil come online and b talking rubbish y wil the woman not bring out the monies
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Toks2008(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Demmzy15:
Madam Gele grin grin grin
We need to wait for her explanation. Its too early to make funny comments.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Demmzy15(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2015
Toks2008:

We need to wait for her explanation. Its too early to make funny comments.
Oya we dey wait o grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Forwetinnah: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2015
Let them start by telling us how $3.4billion disappeared from the $5billion GEJ left in the NLNG purse. Awon were jatijati. APC fraaaaaud!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by quixotic: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
kettykin:
These planless Apc folks trying very hard to blame their ineptitude on the past government, can someone tell this people that Nigerians are tired of their gimmicks.
Whose permission does the finance minister need to spend, did she spend it on herself or on the nation.

Everyone can see this people have nothing new to offer except Blaming the previous government for any and every thing.
do you seriously want an answer to your question? She needs an appropriation bill and the approval of the national assembly. Its not all about apc and pdp.sometimes think nigeria. Its 2.1 billion dollars of nigeria money unaccounted for.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Omotayor123(f): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
Now they are confessingundecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by queensmith: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2015
Nigerians are shocking. They said somebody spent billions of dollars without the necessary approval and people are here calling Tinubu as if he was the CME at any time. Kmt

That's why you guys have to take waec and jamb soo many times. Empty headed bunch of dundees
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by solonazzy: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2015
chukwudi44:

She only brought anger to you children of hate!! stop substituting Yoruba and hausa irredentists for Nigerians!!! Before the end of today, I bet you she would tear this claim to shreds!!!
Confined retard.... u ppl Dnt want d country to progress cos u claim we slaughtered u for ur past decision to separate.... Well d country wuld progress, n u'll b forced to enjoy d success achieved or die trying to spoil d country d more
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by oliver003: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2015
APC talk talk too much,start the work na haba! Today this, tomorrow that.if you one send everybody to prison, make una start na
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by nobeku: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2015
kettykin:

I repeat again if APC goes about dissipating time and energy in trying to elect national assembly principal offices and trying to foist the present economic woes on the previous administration then nigeria will remain worse off than it was under pdp.

Apc apparently lacks idea of how to move the nation forward and are relying on bulk passing and blame games.

I am not holding the forthe for okonjo iweala because in the next few weeks she will come and disgrace the mere commissioner and his team.

Is not that elrufai who wrecked NITEL by concessioning it to pentascope when he was BPE chairman and made an otherwise profitable government company to loose N100b within 3 months and run into financial crisis, NITEL was eventually bankrupt and was sold for just N52b.

Osibanjo the former commissioner whose ineptitude smacks of lack leadership skills and carriage Couldn't even covene his party members meeting.

Now these 2 slacks have found a new assignment in apportionment of blames to the past ministers.
YOUR FATHER couldn't even attain de position of mere commissioner..Olori Buruku...May your ignorance die from a ghastly motor accident..AMEN!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by marv1: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2015
kettykin:

. It is a shame that u are comparing a govt of 30 days to a govt of a 16yrs. People like u will neva beileve in Buhari even if he did perfectly well after 4yrs so am not surprise at ur comment this early. If u are used to any new govt in the last 16yrs, appoint ministers quickly, and the govt keep telling u that they are working but apperently it is not so rather it has been looting spree. Then why dont u give the new govt a chance of at least six months to appraise them before u begin to spew thrash here. I dont belong to any party apc or pdp but i belong to the party of the people that makes things happen positively for the people.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by nobeku: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2015
writetopoker:
BUHARI SHOULD GO & SIT DOWN ONE PLACE, WHEN BUHARI EMPTIED & SIPHONED PTF WAS IT APPROVED. ALL DIS FULANI COMING 2 HIJACK OUR GVT, non-Nigerian, imbeciles
I am Igbo and Nigerian and I WILL NEVER encourage your cerebral imbecility...You are NOT Nigerian and you are a FOOOL!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by nobeku: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2015
writetopoker:
BUHARI SHOULD GO & SIT DOWN ONE PLACE, WHEN BUHARI EMPTIED & SIPHONED PTF WAS IT APPROVED. ALL DIS FULANI COMING 2 HIJACK OUR GVT, non-Nigerian, imbeciles
I am Igbo and Nigerian..May your frustrations give you a heart attack...if you don't like how dis govt is run,you can have a glass of Brake fluid!!!!EWU!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by AnyibestDede(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2015
TeamSimple:

I get your point bro and many atimes I feel same. But they being the rulling party shouldnt make them turn a blind eye to all the 'financial inappropriateness' of the past administration? Do you know what 2trillion would do to the life of an ordinary Nigeria if JUDICIOUSLY used.
I understand u very well and what i mean is that they should probe anybody that mismanaged our funds by the past govt and if found guilty, that person should go in for it. They should stop talking too much and go into actions
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by HRich(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2015
eleko1:
A lot.He's the president @ dat time wey dem carted our money away.He's got much to ansa soon.
Wrong.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by buchichukwu69: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2015
[size=18pt]Is that not why they are working to bring back the stolen money? Abi wetin again?
[/size]

AnyibestDede:
Can somebody pls tell pmb and his vice that campaign is over and that they are the ruling party now.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by AnyibestDede(m): 11:51am On Jun 30, 2015
blackpanda:

What has this got to do with the missing funds?
Why are they telling us what we knw already, what do they want us to do abt it? They are voted in there to clean up the mess by the past govt and deal with anybody that stole frm our funds instead they are busy talking too much
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2015
has d change started?

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by 9jagoodman: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Okonjo Iweala is far more intelligent than all APC members combined.......so let the lies continue
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Ephemmm: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2015
kettykin:

Lamentation of a looser!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by writetopoker: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2015
nobeku:
I am fake Igbo and Nigerian..May your frustrations give me heart attack...if you don't like how dis govt is run,I & buhari can have a glass of Brake fluid!!!! my mother EWU!!!
I knw u were born on d street no mother & father, smellin ass hoodlum grin
nobeku:
I am fake Igbo and Nigerian..May your frustrations give me heart attack...if you don't like how dis govt is run,I & buhari can have a glass of Brake fluid!!!! my mother EWU!!!
I knw u were born on d street no mother & father, smellin ass hoodlum
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by AnyibestDede(m): 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

1.Your comments show that you are ready to excuse bad things....solong as it is the sister looting.

2.We don't have enough money because the oil prices have fallen. Why should we not get back any illegally squirreled away cash? Our job is to make sure such cash is recovered, and spent on things that will benefit us.

And if it isn't, or if PMB turns out to be PDP mirror image....your vote, your power.
How is she my sister, do u even knw me? If we dnt hv money bcus some people stole them, what the fg should do is to try to recover them frm them and send them to prison. Am tired of talk talk, we need action
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Spent $2.1bn Without Approval, Says FG by Ephemmm: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
chukwudi44:

You are a stinking hypocrite Tinubu takes home 10% of Lagos IGR every month, this is in addition to the millions of not billions he siphoned from other sw states and other Lagos sources yet he is hailed as a democrat.IBB stole enough money from this country to pay the entire osun work force for the next twenty years yet you idiots are obsessed with GEJ and his cabinet ministers.

This guys and his paranoid attitude against other tribes sha: he loves pointing accusing finger on other tribes but has never seen anything going wrong in his own tribe.

Where are the likes of Asari, Tompolo, Jonathan, Okonjo, Patience, Alamesiyha, Wike, your age-long monster in Abia and other past governors that has truncated your destinies over there? Oh! they are wearing white robes because they are neither Yoruba nor Hausas.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Confirms The Release of 82 Chibok Girls, To Meet Them in Abuja Today / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / President Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.