Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

5 Reasons Why You Will Be A Failure In Life If You Don’t Write - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Reasons Why You Will Be A Failure In Life If You Don’t Write (631 Views)

Ezinne Ukoha: "I Don’t Write About Racism Because I Hate White People" / Read this Amazing Short Story: Failure of The First Night / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Will Be A Failure In Life If You Don’t Write by starnuel(m): 4:26am On Jun 30, 2015
In all my years of writing prowess, I have come to discover that everyone on the surface of the earth ought to be a writer regardless of their profession. It is now a matter of discovery of your need to put pen to paper. Or, the question of what you write exactly. But the truth is You Can Never Succeed

The pen is not only loyal to self-acclaimed writers. It has the ability to obey whoever wields it. What you command it to do through your hands, it does. It can be used to write figures, to draw, to paint, to fight, to calculate, to scribble, to combine life changing words, to stab etc.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton in his play Cardinal Richelieu in 1839 was the one that said “The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword”. This was one of the lines of a Richelieu- a priest whose life was threatened. He couldn’t wield the gun or the sword as a priest. He had to pick up the weapon of the pen.

In other words, everyone should write if they have something fighting for. If you don’t have anything fighting for, you are not in existence.

Have you ever wondered why you struggle in your business? It is because you don’t write.
Have you ever wondered why you don’t get help? It is because you don’t write.
Have you ever wondered why nobody knows you? It is because you don’t write.
Have you ever wondered why you are always sacked or queried? It is because you don’t write.
Have you ever wondered why you are always confused and disorganised? It is because you don’t write.
It goes on and on.

I have met hundreds of people who have fantastic ideas yet they are wallowing in misery. Each time I meet them, they have an idea to share. They are so good with idea conceptualisation that they would even express and analyse verbally the strategy they would employ to achieve the ideas. The next time I meet such people and I ask them what they have been able to achieve, they tell you, “that idea is not really feasible again. I have another fantastic idea. Do you care to listen?”

Let me prove to you why you will be a failure if you don’t write one or all the following:

1. BUSINESS WRITING- THE PROPOSAL

“No matter the ideas you generate, the ideas will take you nowhere until you get it off your head into a sellable and believable statement- proposal.”

I know a lady who is into Fashion Designing. She is very professional and excellent in her skills but she is limited because everything she does is from her head.

No written curriculum for students,
No calendar,
No roster,
Training materials,
No written code of conducts etc.

She desires to expand but she just can’t see herself sitting down to write out a good proposal for her new ideas. She had told me several selling ideas regarding her business which if she had transferred into presentable statement would have attracted supports. By the time of this article, she had told me about 10 different ideas verbally. And I am still counting.

Are you not like this lady? You want someone to support your ideas with money and you are unable to state the ideas clearly in a written document called the proposal. You will only end up like a man who is running so hard on a treadmill. He is exerting all his energy but he is still on a spot.

Venture Capitalists or Angel Investors are not really interested in your oral dexterity at first because they are all most likely too busy to listen. 10 Advantages Writing Has Over Speaking.

To learn to how to write a proposal, click: 5 Things You Must Include in Your Proposals

2. BUSINESS WRITING II- BUSINESS PLAN

People have asked me on several occasions the difference between Business Proposal and Business Plan. If you want to succeed in life beyond individuality or personalisation of business entity, the business plan is needed. Business Plan is simply a holistic blueprint of your business. Every house is build using an architectural design. Every business should be built using a Business Plan if you want the business to stand the test of time.

In other words, the difference between Business Proposal and Business Plan is that proposal addresses an idea which needs support or partnership. You only focus on the idea and how you want to achieve the idea and the projected benefits for the sponsor. It is not as elaborate as business plan. The idea is usually just an integral part or a product of the business entity.

But, Business Plan addresses a holistic overview of the business entity- historical analysis of the business, the products, managements, resources, financials, competitive analysis, sales analysis, marketing analysis, SWOT analysis, projected profits etc

3. DIARY/YEAR PLANNER/ORGANISER:

A life without a plan is a miserable one. Lack of plan connotes a life without direction and it will definitely be full of confusion. The diary is a book which is used to record activities or personal experiences of the day usually very confidential. The Year Planner/organiser is a calendar or book which is used to mark out your schedules for a whole year. Your engagements, appointments, birthdays of loved ones, retreats, programmes, conferences, festivals, business meetings etc are all marked and noted on the planner. This helps you to be organised. Imagine how disorganised your life will be without writing these thing. And if your life is not in order, you will struggle with success.

For complete article, click the link below:

http://penandinkblog.com/2015/06/17/5-reasons-why-you-will-be-a-failure-if-you-dont-write/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Will Be A Failure In Life If You Don’t Write by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Will Be A Failure In Life If You Don’t Write by starnuel(m): 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
@Freemanan: I hope you are motivated!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Poem About Soldiers In Doubts:open To Criticism / Who Took My Passion? / Religious Houses and Noise. (Rant of a Light Sleeper)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.