Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! (4367 Views)

5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back / Dino Vs Remi Tinubu:the Hypocrisy Of Our SW Brethren / Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Hypocrisy remains the worst form of corruption. If the US is now famously known for its sweeping stand in favour of Homosexuality, Nigerians are known for their despicable hypocrisy. I can stand the gay; but I can barely stand the hypocrites. Nothing disgusts as does hypocrisy.

That being said, how and why a man should be sexually attracted to another man is beyond my comprehension, and it's very disdainful. I still can't wrap my head around its absurdity.

Whenever I see the designs and contours on my woman, the whole idea of Homosexuality all the more becomes an unspeakable crime. Thank God our docile and overfed lawmakers, in a desperate move to salvage some of its battered image before the people, hurriedly passed the Homosexuality Prohibition Act into law years back. It remains a crime in Nigeria.

But this is the point of this article.

Nigerians are amongst the most religious folks on the surface of the Earth. It's only sad our religiosity doesn't run deep enough. Our society hasn't benefited much form our religiosity. The greater portion of those crying and abusing the US are Nigerians.

The US is a sovereign nation, and how it conducts it's business shouldn't be much our concern. We've got our hands filled with our own problems. We need to face them.

The last time I checked, the US embassy and consulates are still open here in Nigeria. We still troop into the US. I'm sure there are more than 100000 Nigerians in the US. And many more are praying, fasting and doing all they can to get to the land of Homosexuality. Till we stop making frantic efforts to go to the US because of its Homosexual law, we're not ready to make our stand known about it. The US couldn't care less about us.

As for me, I still prefer the Homosexual-friendly US to this corrupt, unworkable, backward and divisive nation of ours. We still lack the most basic of amenities. We're not even capable of self government.

Don't forget: we still use Apple products. Hope we know the sexual orientation of its current CEO? He's openly gay. The US is lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

Those who have killed and raped women and children in Benue, Plateau and other parts of the North aren't gays. Those who kidnapped and destroyed pipelines aren't gays. Those who have stolen our billions and have them stashed away in foreign accounts aren't gays. Those who have continued to ensure we live in darkness and poverty aren't gays. The gays aren't the problem of the Earth. They're not responsible for our dilapidated education and road system.

What's Nigeria known for? Terrorism. Corruption. Division. Rancour. Cheating. Everything abnormal. We're not in any position to criticise the US. It's our dream to be half as developed as it is.

Our hypocrisy stinks. The difference again is that we're a people without conviction and courage. We simply hide away in silence when our beliefs are threatened.

To hell with the hypocrites. Mind your business. The USA remains heaven when compared with this cesspit of monumental corruption and fraud. Nonsense.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by chiangyokay: 9:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Nice write up..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by mistabiola: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2015
Is that all
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2015
are you a gay dearpreye?

i na akpo n'ike nsi?

ibu onye ude (pomade)

are you a pampers nigga?

if yes sorry because you're dead man

modified

MizMyColi my sweetheart how will you feel if your darling "king of demons" turns to gay?

3 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2015
So, your hypocrisy won't let you know that US is insisting that we all legalize gay rights and marriages; that it's a human right. In a way, they're saying it should be encouraged.
Your hypocrisy won't let you see that the US does tie strings to aids to poor African and Asian countries; that as a US policy, these countries must lessen their restrictions on gay issues before they can access those aids.
Your hypocrisy won't let you to stand for humanity that it is the US that is encouraging, forcing and exporting this most abominable evil but won't let other countries choose for themselves.
Your hypocrisy won't let you see that the US is selective even in the application of this evil. Whereas the poor counties of Africa are threatened and even sanctioned in the course of this evil, the US dare not broach this issue to rich countries of Asia, especially the Arab. For the US, the poor has no right not to be gay, but for the rich it is a choice.
Your hypocrisy won't let you see that human consciousness should encourage and practice higher values as the only thing that separates them from lower beings.
Your hypocrisy won't let you see that any good thing should be encouraged and practiced. In a way you're encouraging us to be and accept. But would you encourage your brother, sister, husband, wife etc to accept and possibly be. Would you broach this topic to your mum or dad? Point being anything good should be shared by one's closest.
Your hypocrisy won't let you see that some 'landmark decisions' are nothing for the judges and advocates but to make and be in the history books, in the hope of attaining immortality.
dearpreye (I don't know whether you're a man or woman), but a good thing is passed easily by being. Be first, for your good, but this one is not a maybe - we won't follow, even with a free visa to your slave master's stolen country!!

12 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MizMyColi(f): 9:23am On Jun 30, 2015
MizMyColi:
I just don't subscribe to the gay movement.

The media has been awash with gay notions, suggestions, and sometime blatant gay representations.

If you watch TV serials a lot, you will notice that those who have lasted without threat of cancellation contain gay themes.

This is one viable way which those who run the world have successfully infused into our subconscious, the acceptability of gays.

I may have left organised religion, but I believe, matter of fact, I still very much believe in the existence of good and evil.

Yes, there are people who naturally get turned on by people of same sex and/or the opposite sex.

But in my opinion, I reckon that festering and encouraging it is a perversion of sorts, a satanic one at that.

Let it be known that this does not mean I see gays as less.
Matter of fact, if i know a person as one, as much as the creator gives me the capacity and capability to;
I will love them to the moon and back.
I will love "Hell" (not a literal hell) out of them.
....if you know what I meanwink

That said @Topic
I am very averse to hypocrisy and simply can't understand the finger pointing at the USA.
We Nigerians are very good at not minding our business.
Remove the log in your eyes before coming for the one in another man's...

It is simple and short like that.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2015
I bet you that there are more gays in Nigeria than in US.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MizMyColi(f): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2015
kingofdemons:
are you a gay dearpreye?

i na akpo n'ike nsi?

ibu onye ude (pomade)

are you a pampers nigga?

modified

MizMyColi my sweetheart how will you feel if your darling "king of demons" turns to gay?

Lmao
When did I christen you my darling.
Proof or it never happened!tongue

Well, if you are gay, in addition to being a king of demons...

Na to transfer your case go Angel Gabriel tablegrin

3 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

That said @Topic
I am very averse to hypocrisy and simply can't understand the finger pointing at the USA.

mwuaaa kiss kiss kiss kiss

i found you kiss
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by bjdon: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:
Hypocrisy remains the worst form of corruption. If the US is now famously known for its sweeping stand in favour of Homosexuality, Nigerians are known for their despicable hypocrisy. I can stand the gay; but I can barely stand the hypocrites. Nothing disgusts as does hypocrisy.

That being said, how and why a man should be sexually attracted to another man is beyond my comprehension, and it's very disdainful. I still can't wrap my head around its absurdity.

Whenever I see the designs and contours on my woman, the whole idea of Homosexuality all the more becomes an unspeakable crime. Thank God our docile and overfed lawmakers, in a desperate move to salvage some of its battered image before the people, hurriedly passed the Homosexuality Prohibition Act into law years back. It remains a crime in Nigeria.

But this is the point of this article.

Nigerians are amongst the most religious folks on the surface of the Earth. It's only sad our religiosity doesn't run deep enough. Our society hasn't benefited much form our religiosity. The greater portion of those crying and abusing the US are Nigerians.

The US is a sovereign nation, and how it conducts it's business shouldn't be much our concern. We've got our hands filled with our own problems. We need to face them.

The last time I checked, the US embassy and consulates are still open here in Nigeria. We still troop into the US. I'm sure there are more than 100000 Nigerians in the US. And many more are praying, fasting and doing all they can to get to the land of Homosexuality. Till we stop making frantic efforts to go to the US because of its Homosexual law, we're not ready to make our stand known about it. The US couldn't care less about us.

As for me, I still prefer the Homosexual-friendly US to this corrupt, unworkable, backward and divisive nation of ours. We still lack the most basic of amenities. We're not even capable of self government.

Don't forget: we still use Apple products. Hope we know the sexual orientation of its current CEO? He's openly gay. The US is lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

Those who have killed and raped women and children in Benue, Plateau and other parts of the North aren't gays. Those who kidnapped and destroyed pipelines aren't gays. Those who have stolen our billions and have them stashed away in foreign accounts aren't gays. Those who have continued to ensure we live in darkness and poverty aren't gays. The gays aren't the problem of the Earth. They're not responsible for our dilapidated education and road system.

What's Nigeria known for? Terrorism. Corruption. Division. Rancour. Cheating. Everything abnormal. We're not in any position to criticise the US. It's our dream to be half as developed as it is.

Our hypocrisy stinks. The difference again is that we're a people without conviction and courage. We simply hide away in silence when our beliefs are threatened.

To hell with the hypocrites. Mind your business. The USA remains heaven when compared with this cesspit of monumental corruption and fraud. Nonsense.

Please calm down you seem quite agitated.

The issue of weather the US is more advanced than Nigeria or weather loads of Nigerians want US visa's is really quite irrelevant to the issue at hand.

FYI , many people really don't care what the US decides to do, weather it's regarding Gays or any other group. Please understand most people all over the world, not just in Nigeria have way more important things to contend with every day.

The REAL problem here is the US itself. They try to impose their values on everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that some values, like democracy, human rights, the rule of law, are indeed very worth values which should be encouraged and promoted.

However when it comes to social issues that's a very different topic. Societies have their own beliefs and values and we can't all be the same. Take Russia for example. This is an advanced proud culture. Yet the US continues to criticize them on their anti gay stance. Why? Are they not allowed to pass laws that reflect their own peoples values and customs? The same goes for Africa, the US continues to lecture African nations and insist that they promote the gay lifestyle. Why?

If the US adopts a live and let live approach, and respects the fact that not all the practices it endorses will be welcomed in other countries, then trust me, there will be a lot less interest and comment from other countries on whatever the US decides to do.

7 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao
When did I christen you my darling.
Proof or it never happened!tongue

Well, if you are gay, in addition to being a king of demons...

Na to transfer your case go Angel Gabriel tablegrin

Nope am not a gay even in a fantasy world.

wait oo why will i become a gay when I have a beautiful angel like you as my sweetheart mbanu i reject it Insha'Allah amin

eeehmm talking about proof. we'll get engaged soon kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by chikason68(m): 9:32am On Jun 30, 2015
I cant waste my time reading dat sermon. Da 1st paragraph said it all, U RE A GAY!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2015
Some Nigerians could be silly. What is their business with the US allowing homosexuality? Upto Friday last week, jumbo pay for the NASS, Buhari appointing his ministers, and so on were what we discussed. All of a sudden we left what affect us to discuss homosexuality. How silly have these Nigerians become. These are the same people would go the churches and mosques to thank God/Allah for securing visas to the same US they condemn.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2015
chikason68:
I cant waste my time reading dat sermon. Da 1st paragraph said it all, U RE A GAY!

grin cheesy
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37am On Jun 30, 2015
chikason68:
How does the law passed in faraway US affect you?
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Some Nigerians could be silly. What is their business with the US allowing homosexuality? Upto Friday last week, jumbo pay for the NASS, Buhari appointing his ministers, and so on were what we discussed. All of a sudden we left what affect us to discuss homosexuality. How silly have these Nigerians become. These are the same people would go the churches and mosques to thank God/Allah for securing visas to the same US they condemn.

It's just plain stupid. All those issues you raised have been forgotten. The NASS would have taken their wardrobe allowances. Do we REALLY care?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by PresidentAde(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2015
********************************* Story........We dont want it here.....#shikena! * * I cover my yansh with the blood of Jesus.......!

2 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How does the law passed in faraway US affect you?

Good question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MizMyColi(f): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2015
kingofdemons:

Nope am not a gay even in a fantasy world.

wait oo why will i become a gay when I have a beautiful angel like you as my sweetheart mbanu i reject it Insha'Allah amin

eeehmm talking about proof. we'll get engaged soon kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hian.
Don't let NL ban you for posting false info o
tongue
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by sweetgala(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

That said @Topic

US and UK have been trying to force Africa to accept homosexuality using sanctions and removal of AID programmes.

It is not in our culture and we do not need another issue to complicate our already burdened continent.

Africa needs to say no to the promotion and normalization of homosexuality a perverse human action. Ireland and UK are also very hot for homosexuality this 2015. But most importantly to be religious and to maintain your religious standard on homosexuality can get you in trouble these days.

In N.Ireland a bakery who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple wedding based on their Christian faith were lost a court suit and were sanctioned , artisans who refused to service a gay couple have also been involved in court and face prison sentences

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
bjdon:

Please calm down you seem quite agitated.

The issue of weather the US is more advanced than Nigeria or weather loads of Nigerians want US visa's is really quite irrelevant to the issue at hand.

FYI , many people really don't care what the US decides to do, weather it's regarding Gays or any other group. Please understand most people all over the world, not just in Nigeria have way more important things to contend with every day.

The REAL problem here is the US itself. They try to impose their values on everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that some values, like democracy, human rights, the rule of law, are indeed very worth values which should be encouraged and promoted.

However when it comes to social issues that's a very different topic. Societies have their own beliefs and values and we can't all be the same. Take Russia for example. This is an advanced proud culture. Yet the US continues to criticize them on their anti gay stance. Why? Are they not allowed to pass laws that reflect their own peoples values and customs? The same goes for Africa, the US continues to lecture African nations and insist that they promote the gay lifestyle. Why?

If the US adopts a live and let live approach, and respects the fact that not all the practices it endorses will be welcomed in other countries, then trust me, there will be a lot less interest and comment from other countries on whatever the US decides to do.
You have no point. Before the United States took a stand on Friday, allowing homosexuality, some states refused to pass the law. Don't the picture as if every American supports homosexuality. If a "secret ballot" referendum is carried out today in Nigeria, you will be surprised at the "yes" votes you will geta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2015
kingofdemons:
are you a gay dearpreye?

i na akpo n'ike nsi?

ibu onye ude (pomade)

are you a pampers nigga?

modified

With all the well endowed Ijaw women wey dey my land, I go be gay? I dey mad ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2015
sweetgala:

US and UK have been trying to force Africa to accept homosexuality using sanctions and removal of AID programmes.

It is not in our culture and we do not need another issue to complicate our already burdened continent

what is in your culture? grandfathers raping infants abi? Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2015
mehn, more talk about this uncontrollable gaysh*t i see undecided

well, here's my POV on d juan matter.

All this castigation and phobia for gaysh*t simply stems from our cultural roots and not religion(@ least i think so). Whether u agree with me or not is ur problem. Countries like the U.S & most oda western nations have a free-living culture where almost anything goes and one has the right to fight for what he believes in. But ova here, some eastern nations(all dose hindu and buddha bois) & some south american cultures, they have so called "values, morals & ethics" that they live by & gaysh*t and/or the support/blessing of it isn't one of those. Long before religion came to nigeria, we never supported gaysh*t & we'll never. Although i belive we also didn't kill people cus they were gay. We just didn't support it. No parent was going to gve marriage blessings to two men when there was money and benefits to be made from bride prices. Hell no!!

My hand don dey pain me abeg.......
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by aumeehn: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You have no point. Before the United States took a stand on Friday, allowing homosexuality, some states refused to pass the law. Don't the picture as if every American supports homosexuality. If a "secret ballot" referendum is carried out today in Nigeria, you will be surprised at the "yes" votes you will geta
BASTARD!!! 14years in jail awaits you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by aumeehn: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2015
shachris:

DULLARD!! 14YEARS IN KIRIKIRI OR JUNGLE JUSTICE AWAITS YOU!!

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:

With all the well endowed Ijaw women wey dey my land, I go be gay? I dey mad ni?

Hehehehehehe grin
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by millhouse: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2015
I DEY TELL U

shachris:
I bet you that there are more gays in Nigeria than in US.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by sweetgala(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2015
Poor argument, failed before you got going

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by sweetgala(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2015
shachris:

That is not our culture either; don't use a weak excuse to distract from the true topic , all these perverse things happening lately are all part of sodomy which accompanies the uncontrolled freddom of expression.

The number of cases of sexual abuse by reputable individuals over the last 3 years in UK alone has shown how low the human race has gone. Debauchery the order of business.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by sweetgala(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2015
Everything is sexualized it is truly very sad. When I read of sexual abuse by older people who should know better I weep. We all read it on NL everyday . Babies loosing their onocense at the hands of evil men.

Homosexuality' seats in the same standard as rape for me . An unholy sexual desire , next only to bestiality
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2015
sweetgala:

That is not our culture either, all these perverse things happening lately are all part of sodomy which accompanies the uncontrolled freddom of expression.

The number of cases of sexual abuse by reputable individuals over the last 3 years in UK alone has shown how low the human race has gone. Debauchery is the order of business.

If you think the debauchery started today, then you are on a long thing Bro. the word we live in today, the world of social media, is a world of free expression.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAI TA TSINE, The Story Of Nigeria’s Religious Terror Of The 1980s / Amaechi To Drag The Nigerian Senate To Court / United Nation Clears Biafran's Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.