Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! (4368 Views)

5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back / Dino Vs Remi Tinubu:the Hypocrisy Of Our SW Brethren / Senseless Killings and Maimings- The Hypocrisy Of The South (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2015
shachris:

If you think the debauchery started today, then you are on a long thing Bro. the word we live in today, the world of social media, is a world of free expression.
What is free expression? You have the right to walk naked in some Western countries. Is that the free expression you want, for your nation? Will you marry a stone, a tree, a dog, a pig. Those too are free expression (Western version), and they're coming if you allow that. Will you wish it for you, friends and family, and country?
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Jesusloveyou: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:
Hypocrisy remains the worst form of corruption. If the US is now famously known for its sweeping stand in favour of Homosexuality, Nigerians are known for their despicable hypocrisy. I can stand the gay; but I can barely stand the hypocrites. Nothing disgusts as does hypocrisy.

That being said, how and why a man should be sexually attracted to another man is beyond my comprehension, and it's very disdainful. I still can't wrap my head around its absurdity.

Whenever I see the designs and contours on my woman, the whole idea of Homosexuality all the more becomes an unspeakable crime. Thank God our docile and overfed lawmakers, in a desperate move to salvage some of its battered image before the people, hurriedly passed the Homosexuality Prohibition Act into law years back. It remains a crime in Nigeria.

But this is the point of this article.

Nigerians are amongst the most religious folks on the surface of the Earth. It's only sad our religiosity doesn't run deep enough. Our society hasn't benefited much form our religiosity. The greater portion of those crying and abusing the US are Nigerians.

The US is a sovereign nation, and how it conducts it's business shouldn't be much our concern. We've got our hands filled with our own problems. We need to face them.

The last time I checked, the US embassy and consulates are still open here in Nigeria. We still troop into the US. I'm sure there are more than 100000 Nigerians in the US. And many more are praying, fasting and doing all they can to get to the land of Homosexuality. Till we stop making frantic efforts to go to the US because of its Homosexual law, we're not ready to make our stand known about it. The US couldn't care less about us.

As for me, I still prefer the Homosexual-friendly US to this corrupt, unworkable, backward and divisive nation of ours. We still lack the most basic of amenities. We're not even capable of self government.

Don't forget: we still use Apple products. Hope we know the sexual orientation of its current CEO? He's openly gay. The US is lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

Those who have killed and raped women and children in Benue, Plateau and other parts of the North aren't gays. Those who kidnapped and destroyed pipelines aren't gays. Those who have stolen our billions and have them stashed away in foreign accounts aren't gays. Those who have continued to ensure we live in darkness and poverty aren't gays. The gays aren't the problem of the Earth. They're not responsible for our dilapidated education and road system.

What's Nigeria known for? Terrorism. Corruption. Division. Rancour. Cheating. Everything abnormal. We're not in any position to criticise the US. It's our dream to be half as developed as it is.

Our hypocrisy stinks. The difference again is that we're a people without conviction and courage. We simply hide away in silence when our beliefs are threatened.

To hell with the hypocrites. Mind your business. The USA remains heaven when compared with this cesspit of monumental corruption and fraud. Nonsense.

nonsense,rubbish, so because US is heaven on earth,we should openly join them to practice what is wrong. Let assume is not Even a sin or a crime, but it is abnormal to do such immoral act, a man may steal because he is hungary, a woman may commit adultery maybe her husband his not given her attention, or she want to provide for her family, but in case of gay or lesbian there is no justification for whatsoever. This is totally unacceptable.is absolutely nonsense

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Jesusloveyou: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2015
chiangyokay:
Nice write up..
nonsense and rubbish write-up

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
What is free expression? You have the right to walk naked in some Western countries. Is that the free expression you want, for your nation? Will you marry a stone, a tree, a dog, a pig. Those too are free expression (Western version), and they're coming if you allow that. Will you wish it for you, friends and family, and country?

If marrying the stone, rock, dog, whatever makes you happy, then go with it. As long as it doesn't passe on the civic rights of other citizens.

Life's too short not to live it to your fullest.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
nonsense,rubbish, so because US is heaven on earth,we should openly join them to practice what is wrong. Let assume is not Even a sin or a crime, but it is abnormal to do such immoral act, a man may steal because he is hungary, a woman may commit adultery maybe her husband his not given her attention, or she want to provide for her family, but in case of gay or lesbian there is no justification for whatsoever. This is totally unacceptable.is absolutely nonsense
To read. To understand. Two distinct things.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 10:46am On Jun 30, 2015
shachris:

If marrying the stone, rock, dog, whatever makes you happy, then go with it. As long as it doesn't passe on the civic rights of other citizens.

Life's too short not to live it to your fullest.
Too short ... by marrying a dog. You guys always get it wrong by this your "as long as ..." analogy. You are from somewhere and part of an entity and should pass on what is humanity, not animalism.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by shachris02: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
Too short ... by marrying a dog. You guys always get it wrong by this your "as long as ..." analogy. You are from somewhere and part of an entity and should pass on what is humanity, not animalism.

If oracle CEO was killed because he is guy, you will not have your iPhone that you are using to type now.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by omenka(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:
Hypocrisy remains the worst form of corruption. If the US is now famously known for its sweeping stand in favour of Homosexuality, Nigerians are known for their despicable hypocrisy. I can stand the gay; but I can barely stand the hypocrites. Nothing disgusts as does hypocrisy.

That being said, how and why a man should be sexually attracted to another man is beyond my comprehension, and it's very disdainful. I still can't wrap my head around its absurdity.

Whenever I see the designs and contours on my woman, the whole idea of Homosexuality all the more becomes an unspeakable crime. Thank God our docile and overfed lawmakers, in a desperate move to salvage some of its battered image before the people, hurriedly passed the Homosexuality Prohibition Act into law years back. It remains a crime in Nigeria.

But this is the point of this article.

Nigerians are amongst the most religious folks on the surface of the Earth. It's only sad our religiosity doesn't run deep enough. Our society hasn't benefited much form our religiosity. The greater portion of those crying and abusing the US are Nigerians.

The US is a sovereign nation, and how it conducts it's business shouldn't be much our concern. We've got our hands filled with our own problems. We need to face them.

The last time I checked, the US embassy and consulates are still open here in Nigeria. We still troop into the US. I'm sure there are more than 100000 Nigerians in the US. And many more are praying, fasting and doing all they can to get to the land of Homosexuality. Till we stop making frantic efforts to go to the US because of its Homosexual law, we're not ready to make our stand known about it. The US couldn't care less about us.

As for me, I still prefer the Homosexual-friendly US to this corrupt, unworkable, backward and divisive nation of ours. We still lack the most basic of amenities. We're not even capable of self government.

Don't forget: we still use Apple products. Hope we know the sexual orientation of its current CEO? He's openly gay. The US is lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

Those who have killed and raped women and children in Benue, Plateau and other parts of the North aren't gays. Those who kidnapped and destroyed pipelines aren't gays. Those who have stolen our billions and have them stashed away in foreign accounts aren't gays. Those who have continued to ensure we live in darkness and poverty aren't gays. The gays aren't the problem of the Earth. They're not responsible for our dilapidated education and road system.

What's Nigeria known for? Terrorism. Corruption. Division. Rancour. Cheating. Everything abnormal. We're not in any position to criticise the US. It's our dream to be half as developed as it is.

Our hypocrisy stinks. The difference again is that we're a people without conviction and courage. We simply hide away in silence when our beliefs are threatened.

To hell with the hypocrites. Mind your business. The USA remains heaven when compared with this cesspit of monumental corruption and fraud. Nonsense.

Two trillion likes jare!!! angry

Very nauseating stuff honestly, even T.B Joshua followed the bandwagon, saying the US needs prayers. I wonder who needs deliverance between us and the United States.

We should learn to mind our business jor. If the Americans feel that serves them right, so be it, it is their domestic affair and not a Foreign Policy. The age at which a girl is allowed sexual relations in the US is 18, can someone remind me what ours is again!!??

Disgusting hypocrites we are honestly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2015
aumeehn:
BASTARD!!! 14years in jail awaits you!
It's those involved that risk 14 years jail. I'm not a gay. It's foolishness for me to sèxually aroused at seeing Jim Iyke, when Genevive Nnaji is available.

2 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Show me where the Supreme Court of the US said the judgement of Friday, allowing gays to marry, covers Nigeria. How does the judgement affect you?

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2015
bjdon:

Please calm down you seem quite agitated.

The issue of weather the US is more advanced than Nigeria or weather loads of Nigerians want US visa's is really quite irrelevant to the issue at hand.

FYI , many people really don't care what the US decides to do, weather it's regarding Gays or any other group. Please understand most people all over the world, not just in Nigeria have way more important things to contend with every day.

The REAL problem here is the US itself. They try to impose their values on everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that some values, like democracy, human rights, the rule of law, are indeed very worth values which should be encouraged and promoted.

However when it comes to social issues that's a very different topic. Societies have their own beliefs and values and we can't all be the same. Take Russia for example. This is an advanced proud culture. Yet the US continues to criticize them on their anti gay stance. Why? Are they not allowed to pass laws that reflect their own peoples values and customs? The same goes for Africa, the US continues to lecture African nations and insist that they promote the gay lifestyle. Why?

If the US adopts a live and let live approach, and respects the fact that not all the practices it endorses will be welcomed in other countries, then trust me, there will be a lot less interest and comment from other countries on whatever the US decides to do.

Gbam!!!

God bless you abundantly, this is a classical response to the Op.

@Dearpreye, you need to read this post thoroughly and understand the issues here. We don't give a damn about gay rights in the US but our problem with them is trying to force their own values on others!

The USA should learn to mind their own business. Different societies have different values and cultures and the USA should acknowledge and accept this. They can eat, swim and sleep in their gay rights so long as they keep it with them. embarassed
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by kingofdemons: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Very nauseating stuff honestly, even T.B Joshua followed the bandwagon, saying the US needs prayers. I wonder who needs deliverance between us and the United States.

We should learn to mind our business jor. If the Americans feel that serves them right, so be it, it is their domestic affair and not a Foreign Policy. The age at which a girl is allowed sexual relations in the US is 18, can someone remind me what ours is again!!??

omenka is a gay
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Gbam!!!

@Dearpreye, you need to read this post thoroughly and understand the issues here. We don't give a damn about gay rights in the US but our problem with them is trying to force their own values on others!

The USA should learn to mind their own business. Different societies have different values and cultures and the USA should acknowledge and accept this. They can eat, swim and sleep in their gay rights so long as they keep it with them. embarassed

My brother, seriously I didn't reply him cos, to me, he didn't say much though he talked long.

I know you understand my point very well. You're a smart brother.

It's called national interest. It's called sovereignty. The US cannot force itself on us. We have our values and traditions.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Don't mind the hypocrites.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:

My brother, seriously I didn't reply him cos, to me, he didn't say much though he talked long.

I know you understand my point very well. You're a smart brother.

It's called national interest. It's called sovereignty. The US cannot force itself on us. We have our values and traditions.

For the bold part, the US is a very crafty country. I bet you they will subtly and stealthily find ways of forcing this gay rights on us and indeed all over the world, they know how to play their games and are masters in diplomacy....We are talking about the most powerful and influential nation on earth here.

Just watch as things unfold.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by wirinet(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2015
Kudos to the OP, you are on you the right path to enlightenment.

Gayism is an issue that had been with mankind from the beginning, Gayism is with us today, and on the last day on earth there would still be gays.

We have HUGE problems in Black Africa, there is problem of illiteracy, problems of corruption, problem of disease, lack of adequate social structure, lack of unity. In fact we have became the basket case of the world. We rely on others to feed us, cloth us, provide medicine for us and even provide us aid. But what we expend our energies on is what two men or two women do in the privacy of their bedrooms. If we expend the same energy and hatred toward people that steal our resources and exploit us, i am sure we would progress more than we have done so far.

You do not have to hate gays or love them, just leave them to their own devices. As long as they do not impinge on your rights and conveniences, then they should not waste an ounce of your thought energy. You should devote your thought energies into something that can improve yourself, your society, your race and mankind in general.

3 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

For the bold part, the US is a very crafty country. I bet you they will subtly and stealthily find ways of forcing this gay rights on us and indeed all over the world, they know how to play their games and are masters in diplomacy....We are talking about the most powerful and influential nation on earth here.

Just watch as things unfold.

It's already a prohibited act down here. There's nothing the US can do about it....
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Tell the bold part to the Americans too!!!!
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:

It's already a prohibited act down here. There's nothing the US can do about it....

They will pull strings here and there to get what they want.....
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2015
shachris02:

If oracle CEO was killed because he is guy, you will not have your iPhone that you are using to type now.
If the oracle of Oracle's parents were gay, there wouldn't be Larry Ellison. Ellison isn't the beginning of civilization and whatever his inventions are, are not because he's gay but all because he's part of the human race. He wouldn't innovative or invent anything if he were a Scooby Doo - a dog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I hope you get the essence of my article?
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

It's those involved that risk 14 years jail. I'm not a gay. It's foolishness for me to sèxually aroused at seeing Jim Iyke, when Genevive Nnaji is available.

That's the point. It's insane.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2015
wirinet:
Kudos to the OP, you are on you the right path to enlightenment.

Gayism is an issue that had been with mankind from the beginning, Gayism is with us today, and on the last day on earth there would still be gays till the last day.

We have HUGE problems in Black Africa, there is problem of illiteracy, problems of corruption, problem of disease, lack of adequate social structure, lack of unity. In fact we have became the basket case of the world. We rely on others to feed us, cloth us, provide medicine for us and even provide us aid. But what we expend our energies on is what two men or two women do in the privacy of their bedrooms. If we expend the same energy and hatred toward people that steal our resources and exploit us, i am sure we would progress more than we have done so far.

You do not have to hate gays or love them, just leave them to their own devices. As long as they do not impinge on your rights and conveniences, then they should not waste an ounce of your thought energy. You should devote your thought energies into something that can improve yourself, your society, your race and mankind in general.

Totally subscribed. A people who can't even feed themselves have no business getting worked up what others do with their lives. It's none of my business.

Everyone will get a just reward for their acts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by shachris02: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
If the oracle of Oracle's parents were gay, there wouldn't be Larry Ellison. Ellison isn't the beginning of civilization and whatever his inventions are, are not because he's gay but all because he's part of the human race. He wouldn't innovative or invent anything if he were a Scooby Doo - a dog.

Really? If you Don't know, many straight people these days decide not to have children. Will you kill them?

He made those innovations because he was happy with who he is.....He didn't condemn himself. I bet you, If he were a Nigerian, with all the discrimination, he just might have commited suicide.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2015
dearpreye:

I hope you get the essence of my article?

I do, thank you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I do, thank you..

Thanks too. That's the most important thing here sir.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by wirinet(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
bjdon:

Please calm down you seem quite agitated.

The issue of weather the US is more advanced than Nigeria or weather loads of Nigerians want US visa's is really quite irrelevant to the issue at hand.

FYI , many people really don't care what the US decides to do, weather it's regarding Gays or any other group. Please understand most people all over the world, not just in Nigeria have way more important things to contend with every day.

The REAL problem here is the US itself. They try to impose their values on everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that some values, like democracy, human rights, the rule of law, are indeed very worth values which should be encouraged and promoted.

However when it comes to social issues that's a very different topic. Societies have their own beliefs and values and we can't all be the same. Take Russia for example. This is an advanced proud culture. Yet the US continues to criticize them on their anti gay stance. Why? Are they not allowed to pass laws that reflect their own peoples values and customs? The same goes for Africa, the US continues to lecture African nations and insist that they promote the gay lifestyle. Why?

If the US adopts a live and let live approach, and respects the fact that not all the practices it endorses will be welcomed in other countries, then trust me, there will be a lot less interest and comment from other countries on whatever the US decides to do.

I agree with you that the US most times go overboard in imposing its values on other countries regardless of having different social and political values. I do not believe the US should push other countries to legalize gayism. Having said that, criminization of gays is extreme. Public display of sexual acts should be prohibited - both by homosexuals and heterosexuals, but private acts by two legal consenting adults in the privacy of homes without disturbing any other person can never be a criminal offense.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
shachris02:

Really? If you Don't know, many straight people these days decide not to have children. Will you kill them?

He made those innovations because he was happy with who he is.....He didn't condemn himself. I bet you, If he were a Nigerian, with all the discrimination, he just might have commited suicide.
It doesn't make them gays, and gays won't have their children, whether they want it or not. My point is innovations, the ones we're referring to, are aspects of human civilization. If being gay is the only criteria, then nobody should innovate but gays. Most kill themselves anyway.
Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by shachris02: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
It doesn't make them gays, and gays won't have their children, whether they want it or not. My point is innovations, the ones we're referring to, are aspects of human civilization. If being gay is the only criteria, then nobody should innovate but gays. Most kill themselves anyway.

since your hate for the gays was because they cannot have their own children, what about these Staight people that do not want to procreate? shouldn't you kill them too?

innovation is an aspect of human civilization and So is gayism. the sooner you accept that fact the better for you.

and you should read about sheriff too.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by MalcoImX: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
shachris02:

since your hate for the gays was because they cannot have their own children, what about these Staight people that do not want to procreate? shouldn't you kill them too?

innovation is an aspect of human civilization and So is gayism. the sooner you accept that fact the better for you.

and you should read about sheriff too.
I am not opposing because they can't have children. That is already, naturally denied them. I cannot for the sake of political correctness deny my humanity. It's not about the US or Nigeria legalizing or not legalizing gay acts. It's about an evolving consciousness that can differentiate what is perverse or not. The US can legalize necrophilism, coprophilism, fella*tio, inbreeding and even assisted suicide, but that cannot take away my consciousness to know it's wrong - that's what makes me human and that's all I got as a separation from lower beings. Gayism is an aspect of human innovation but a bad one. A certain man was in the news the other day for having sex with a goat in one of Nigerian states. That's innovation and has probably been with us since time. But I cannot as a human soul agree to such perversions as normal. No! I am more than this.

1 Like

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Gbam!!!

Has the US forced you to accept it? Is all Americans that are in support of it?

2 Likes

Re: U.S., Homosexuality, And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It's only dependent nations that are given aids with strings attached.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N6bn Power Transmission Projects Stall Amid Funding Challenge / Blackout: How Argentina ‘eliminated’ Africans From Its History And Conscience / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.