Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:41 PM

70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies (21294 Views)

Sales Girl Attacked In Sokoto By Men, Tried To Kill Her By Slitting Her Throat / Woman Cuts Her Husband's Lips For "Sending Money To His Lover". Graphic / Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by lalasticlala(m): 9:37am On Jun 30, 2015
A 70-year old woman, Mrs. Saratu Rahman, aka Iya Ogbomoso, from Offa, in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, has killed herself with a razor blade.

Our correspondent gathered on Monday that the woman, a mother of four, cut her throat with the razor blade.

A neighbour, who identified herself simply as Yetunde, said when she and other neighbours heard Rahman screamed, they rushed to her room and saw her in a pool of blood.

She stated that they contacted the police, adding that she was later rushed to a hospital where she was treated for two days before she eventually died.

She said, “When we got into the room, we saw Mama in a pool of blood. We invited the police. She was rushed to the Lamode Hospital. The policemen later found the blade that Mama used to cut herself.”

In a self-confession audio tape of the septuagenarian, which was made available to PUNCH Metro, Rahman said, “ I used a razor blade to cut my throat. Please allow me to die; I don’t want to live in this world again.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the suicide.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/70-year-old-cuts-own-throat-with-razor-blade/
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by HungerBAD: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2015
These Witches and Wizards in Nigeria are very powerful ohhh.

Dem no even let a 70 yr old woman die in peace, dem force her use Razor blade. Devil punish all the winshes and winches in Nigeria.

Rest in Peace.

Please show the old people around you and in your family LOVE please.

Use a minute of your Air Time to call an older relative to say hi.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Freciprocal: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2015
So sad!

The elderly needs Love and care especially at that age. She should not have been left alone unattended to.

At 70 she probably had prefered her friends on the other side compared to her loved ones.

RIP Iya Ogbomosho cry

12 Likes

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by msmon(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2015
OMG!

I won't blame her anyway, its a frustrating world. She might just have look at the price of garri while she was 10 compared to now.

[size=18pt] Nigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Tuesday Morning[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/2415983/nigerian-newspapers-10-things-need#2415983.5

3 Likes

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by glimpse33(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2015
Oh common thats suicide.

In US where i live, its a LEGAL practise. smiley

1 Like

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Bantino(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2015
Na wah ooo, after enjoying 70yrs, na now she tire for life. Anyway RIP
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by chiangyokay: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2015
Horrible!

Nigeria Cyber Security News @ http://hackerpost. - lol
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Atk01(f): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm.
This one is strong oo. What could have driven her to do that?
RIP sha.

1 Like

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by micronut(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2015
RIP! Sadly, she is old enough to go to the great beyond.
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by tayebest(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2015
Haa.. Eleyii gidi gan oo! shocked
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

People get heart o! shocked
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by dre11(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Strange things happening again
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Feranmicharles(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
She killed herself with a BLADE (10naira)

Nawa o,isn't she aware that its gonna be painfulundecided
She cun dey screamangry

I guess she's under some frustration or confussion,wait o she's a yoruba womanshocked

Maybe God just answered someones prayerundecided

"Let my emenies do dem selves" prayerundecided

2 Likes

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by mifavour(f): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
I wonder if she'll eventually RIP cos she commited a suicide! Well RIP shaa
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by YerYer: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
It's obvious that this woman was probably suffering from depression or some other mental illness, but I'm very sure some fmaily members will blame their relatives in the village as the culprits.

3 Likes

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by nollyway(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
was she compelled or sumtin? shocked shocked
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Barselonia(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Choi.....
Supernatural power....

This one Na work no devil....

Even as the world no sweet, nobody wan die.....
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by richyfunky(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
suicide is never a good option, What will be d fate of d kids she left behind....

1 Like

Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Lovexme(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Harakiri
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Akbee(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by veekid(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2015
If na from osun she come now, ah for knw wetin I for comment, Buh wait o, how easy, she no dey shave nah, so how? ?? I smell lies! !!!
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by CallPolice: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2015
She won't live na
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by hensben(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2015
This life.....
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by DankemzI(m): 9:47am On Jun 30, 2015
A case of Depression left Untreated
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:

Dem no even let a 70 yr old woman die in peace, dem force her use Razor blade Shave. Devil punish all the winshes and winches in Nigeria.

Have you heard about depression, sir?
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by fpeter(f): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2015
what a painful way to commit suicide. cry
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by publicenemy(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2015
I pray she finds peace.
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by MKO4ever(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2015
Interesting
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by dangotesmummy: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2015
But this is strange. Hope this isn't a case of homicide
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by uzo200(m): 9:49am On Jun 30, 2015
end time
Re: 70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies by hensben(m): 9:49am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:

Dem no even let a 70 yr old woman die in peace, dem force her use Razor blade Shave. Devil punish all the winshes and winches in Nigeria.
nor be any witches n wizard...nigeria too hard for common man...no comfort, no peace of mind due to insecurity, no stable electricity...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Boys Arrested By Vigilante After Robbing A House In Delta (photo) / Shiites Members Protesting In Abuja Caught With Bombs – Police / ‘prophetess’ Arrested For Abducting, Duping Man (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.