Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife (1295 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife by nkowaputa(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2015
I want your views.
At what time can a woman be said to belong to a man:
1 as soon as the man gives her engagement ring?
2 when he pays dowry?
3 after traditional wedding?
4 after church or mosque wedding?
5 after court wedding?
I am asking this because a friend recently paid the dowry of a young woman he loves and they have been living together while planning for wedding but some church members and family, plus friends have not allowed him drink water and keep cup. They said he is wrong to take her home and should have waited till after church wedding
Re: Wife by dangotesmummy: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2015
Re: Wife by nkowaputa(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2015
To me, the dowry payment is.

1 Like

Re: Wife by Hazardd(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2015
thats when he buys her from her parent...lol
Re: Wife by CountDracula(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2015
nkowaputa:
I want your views. At what time can a woman be said to belong to a man: 1 as soon as the man gives her engagement ring? 2 when he pays dowry? 3 after traditional wedding? 4 after church or mosque wedding? 5 after court wedding?
When he impregnates her
Re: Wife by Mamaflex(f): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2015
Dowry is the koko. If you like do every other thing, spend like hell, without dowry you've done nothing and the woman is not yours.

Even in white wedding, you'll be asked if you have seen her people (paid dowry).

2 Likes

Re: Wife by Phonetikkks: 10:56am On Jun 30, 2015
Re: Wife by thorpido(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2015
After the traditional ceremony.

Usually,2 and 3 go together.The dowry is paid at the traditional ceremony(most places).
Re: Wife by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2015
2 .. dowry is the done deal.

3 Likes

Re: Wife by nkowaputa(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2015
I am asking this because a friend recently paid the dowry of a young woman he loves and they have been living together while planning for wedding but some church members and family, plus friends have not allowed him drink water and keep cup. They said he is wrong to take her home and should have waited till after church wedding.
Re: Wife by nkowaputa(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2015
grin grin
CountDracula:

When he impregnates her
Re: Wife by Juxtified(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Never. They belong to everybody and belong to nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Wife by MARKone(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2015
When you've paid for her dowry, then the woman is yours and you her's.

2 Likes

Re: Wife by babygirlfl: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2015
There is no time that she belongs to the man. They are however considered married traditionally after the dowry is paid.

5 Likes

Re: Wife by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

There is no time that she belongs to the man. They are however considered married traditionally after the dowry is paid.
ENDORSED!! cool

4 Likes

Re: Wife by edwife(f): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
MARKone:
When you've paid for her dowry, then[b] the woman is yours and you her's[/b].

Beautiful! They belong to each other. wink
Re: Wife by snakebeat: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

Must u women drag feminism into everything? Why accept the dowry in the first place? Must everything be about equality? Both of them being considered married obviously bespeaks they belong to eachother, both man & woman shall become one.

The way u women abuse feminism & its ideologies is becoming unbecoming.....

Jeez!

6 Likes

Re: Wife by snakebeat: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mamaflex:
Dowry is the koko. If you like do every other thing, spend like hell, without dowry you've done nothing and the woman is not yours.

Even in white wedding, you'll be asked if you have seen her people (paid dowry).
So true.
Traditional is a precondition for white wedding in most churches....

1 Like

Re: Wife by snakebeat: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
lolaredvelvet:
2 .. dowry is the done deal.
Which one is the undone deal? cheesy
Re: Wife by babygirlfl: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
snakebeat:

Must u women drag feminism into everything? Why accept the dowry in the first place? Must everything be about equality? Both of them being considered married obviously bespeaks they belong to eachother, both man & woman shall become one.

The way u women abuse feminism & its ideologies is becoming unbecoming.....

Jeez!

You are the one dragging feminism into this. I gave my opinion. I don't remember my post containing anything feminism or equality. Please give your opinion and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Wife by Mamaflex(f): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
snakebeat:

So true.
Traditional is a precondition for white wedding in most churches....
yeah
Re: Wife by Mamaflex(f): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
babygirlfl:

She belong to everybody, and she belong to nobody. Her name must be Buhariana. grin

On a serious note, the woman belong to the man so also is the man.

*in Davido's voice singing she nor want designer, she nor want Ferrari* out of thread.

1 Like

Re: Wife by babygirlfl: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mamaflex:
She belong to everybody, and she belong to nobody. Her name must be Buhariana. grin

On a serious note, the woman belong to the man so also is the man.

*in Davido's voice singing she nor want designer, she want Ferrari* out of thread.

lol. ok then
Re: Wife by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
The moment she says 'honey I belong to you' cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Causes And Dangers Of High Sex Drive / A Nairalander With His Younger Ones / My Husband Is Living With His Mother. help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.