Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (237824 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Tom01: 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Please house I'm new here. Will be applying to university of hasselt, a cousin of mine visited the school and was told I need to send my documents down to the school before May 1 tho my cousin claim he never sent his because he applied from the UK. Now the question is how do I go about the legalization? I'm I permitted to legalize photocopies and send ? Apart from legalizing at the Embassy in Abuja do I still need to do anything at the federal ministry of education? Thanks. Pls anyone with info can help.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Tom01: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
Tom01:
Please house I'm new here. Will be applying to university of hasselt, a cousin of mine visited the school and was told I need to send my documents down to the school before May 1 tho my cousin claim he never sent his because he applied from the UK. Now the question is how do I go about the legalization? I'm I permitted to legalize photocopies and send ? Apart from legalizing at the Embassy in Abuja do I still need to do anything at the federal ministry of education? Thanks. Pls anyone with info can help.

Please someone should help out on this
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
Tom01:

You will legalise both since you r also sending to the school... Original and photocopy... You will need original for your visa application... Veel sucess
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Tom01: 8:00am On Apr 02, 2017
fikki1:

You will legalise both since you r also sending to the school... Original and photocopy... You will need original for your visa application... Veel sucess

Thanks, I really appreciate. That means I will be sending the photocopy to the school
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tom01:

Thanks, I really appreciate. That means I will be sending the photocopy to the school

Ja, dat klopt....

Am sure u don't intend sensing original to dem before

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Tom01: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
fikki1:

Ja, dat klopt....

Am sure u don't intend sensing original to dem before
Lol yeah thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
hello, let me give u the prcoess u need to follow to legalize and getting admission in Belgium
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
First thing u apply for admission, and send the print out copy of ur application with ur copies of unlegalized certificate, i.e u dont need to legalize the copies u need to send to school in belgium, when u send u will attach the copy of ur internation passport 2 photoghraphs, and recommendation letter in zeal envilope and official transcript of ur B.Sc if u need to study for master, u will surelly get admission. 2 recommendation letters and ur motivation letter very crucial indeed, and meanwhile u can also get letter from ur scool that ur medium of instruct was in english language, u dont need to write toef or enlish test.
so after that successful getting admission ur journey just start for the legalization, u will do will do 3copies of ur certificate and pay 300 naira at federal ministry of education in Abuja, after that u proceed to foreigh affair just infront of ministry of education, but b4 u go there u need to get ur police report certificated alog for legalize at foreign affair, pls try n legalize the original certificate not photocopies, if u give them photocopies they will do it for u but u will still need to go back to abuja again for another legalization.
my people, the process is still much, i will tell u guys all later

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
but if u r applying for Belgium visa, u didnt need any translation so far ur documents r writing in English Language, and for anyone that one to do legalization at federal ministry Abuja, u have to be there urself, unless the person u send to do it for u beg them very well, cox they will ask for ur photograph pix
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ola11111:
First thing u apply for admission, and send the print out copy of ur application with ur copies of unlegalized certificate, i.e u dont need to legalize the copies u need to send to school in belgium, when u send u will attach the copy of ur internation passport 2 photoghraphs, and recommendation letter in zeal envilope and official transcript of ur B.Sc if u need to study for master, u will surelly get admission. 2 recommendation letters and ur motivation letter very crucial indeed, and meanwhile u can also get letter from ur scool that ur medium of instruct was in english language, u dont need to write toef or enlish test.
so after that successful getting admission ur journey just start for the legalization, u will do will do 3copies of ur certificate and pay 300 naira at federal ministry of education in Abuja, after that u proceed to foreigh affair just infront of ministry of education, but b4 u go there u need to get ur police report certificated alog for legalize at foreign affair, pls try n legalize the original certificate not photocopies, if u give them photocopies they will do it for u but u will still need to go back to abuja again for another legalization.
Sorry bro, if I may ask, if the school requested for legalised copy nko, n mind u most schools in Belgium wants a legalised document such as Ugent, dunno about some, but if a school ask for legalised copy..obedience is beter... I did legalise mine before I was giving admission... N if you said no need to send legalised doc to school, why should he legalise 3 copies of each doc? Legalising d original n make photocopy is enough for visa application.

I stand to be corrected though...

Dankje

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 12:32am On Apr 07, 2017
Hi Tom01,

Ola11111 is right, you dont need to travel to Abuja for legalization of the copies of your documents for admission application. In my case, the university asked for a legalized copy, i visited a notary public and legalized my documents with a notary stamp (which is legal and valid). But for visa application, you need to get apostille stamp on your documents at the belgian embassy.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 12:35am On Apr 07, 2017
I will advise anyone wishing to study in english in a Belgian university to take the IELTS or TOEFL test otherwise you may run into difficulty in your academic activities. If you are able to pass any of these tests, then be rest assured that your studies will be hitch free...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kelvin91: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Banta:
Hi Tom01,

Ola11111 is right, you dont need to travel to Abuja for legalization of the copies of your documents for admission application. In my case, the university asked for a legalized copy, i visited a notary public and legalized my documents with a notary stamp (which is legal and valid). But for visa application, you need to get apostille stamp on your documents at the belgian embassy.

Good luck

Please I need your help in respect to the certified documents mentioned
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
in respect to certified copy of certificate, u need to take ur degree certificate to ur university , ur registrar wil stamp it with a stamp writen with 'true certified copy' is done in ur school where u get ur degree.
but if u r using it for master admission, u dont need to certified ur olevel, but if u r going for undergraduate u can certified at WAEC office that issue the certificate, NOTE: the purpose of certified copy is to apply for scholarship, if u r not apply for scholarship u dont need to be stressing urself to certify ur certificate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
after u get ur admission letter n use ur certifiacte to get admission, the universities in belgium, will never ask u to show ur certificate during registration, what they need is ur name, thats all.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
for english test, u dont need to take any english test if u r going to study in belgium, because they themself are not good in speaking english and also hate to speak english, whatever english u write give them is accepted, only problem Africans face is the the pratical aspect of the course, there methods of teaching is far away from the britsish method we r using in Nigeria.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ola11111: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
concerning the legalization, pls only legalize the original certificate, if u decided not to embassy will ask u for certified copy in replace the original certificate, to avoid stress, legalized and authenticate ur original certificate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
If you are apply for Hasselt University, just make a photocopy of your documents and let the institution that issue them certify it. Note if it is for a masters program, you have to certify only your bachelor degree certificate and transcript.

Good luck

Tom01:

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Fat lie. Not all Universities in Belgium accepts photocopy. I know only KU Leuven and VUB if i have not mistaken accepts photocopy at the time of application for admission.
To add, to gain admission into Ghent University both undergraduate and masters degree, you most legalize your documents at the embassy. All other Universities like Thomas More colllege, Artervelde University College, University College of Leuven, Hasselt University etc, you most certify your documents from the issuing institution or at least a notary.

Please stop misinforming people.

Are you in belgium or do you hold an admission ?

Stay blessed guys

Ola11111:

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Not all University Sir, with Ghent University u must send a legalized copy from the embassy. No legalization no admission, Uhasselt will accept from notary as well as other university colleges like UCL and others
Banta:
Hi Tom01,

Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
not correct. if you already study in English you will have no problem.
guys stop giving information you can't defend. No Nigerian who have studied in English will have difficulties studying in Belgium whether he/she pass TOEFL and IELTS of not. Do you want to tell me that all those Asians and Middle east guys studying international masters programme here and who pass TOEFL are better in English than Nigerians, have you heard them speak or see what they write?

Banta:
I will advise anyone wishing to study in english in a Belgian university to take the IELTS or TOEFL test otherwise you may run into difficulty in your academic activities. If you are able to pass any of these tests, then be rest assured that your studies will be hitch free...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ola11111:
for english test, u dont need to take any english test if u r going to study in belgium, because they themself are not good in speaking english and also hate to speak english, whatever english u write give them is accepted, only problem Africans face is the the pratical aspect of the course, there methods of teaching is far away from the britsish method we r using in Nigeria.
Bros Ku Leuven specifically ask for test of English though I didn't continue to see if d will give me d admission, so do u min it's not necessary?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by AdeAdeAA: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2017
vansledge:

Bros Ku Leuven specifically ask for test of English though I didn't continue to see if d will give me d admission, so do u min it's not necessary?

KU Leuven requires English test both for masters and undergraduates program. At least 6.5 in IELTS

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
namebdis4:
guys stop giving information you can't defend. No Nigerian who have studied in English will have difficulties studying in Belgium whether he/she pass TOEFL and IELTS of not. Do you want to tell me that all those Asians and Middle east guys studying international masters programme here and who pass TOEFL are better in English than Nigerians, have you heard them speak or see what they write?

@namebdis,
You don't need to compare Nigerians with Asians in terms of English language proficiency. Trust me, the skills tested in either ielts or TOEFL are required to enjoy your studies especially if you intend to study sciences.
Nevertheless, it is an advice, it is up to the applicant(s) to decide.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by BarrEgo(f): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Sorry. I'm only just seeing this. I got via email, as I needed it urgently but maybe they can send via courier too. Best to write them - if you haven't
michaelbelgium:

thank you so much dear....pls how did you get the translated copy...was it sent by email? if sent by email,would it be accepted for visa processing?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kelvin91: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
namebdis4:

Please can you kindly give me your Email address.
I want to discuss something with you sir.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kelvin91: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
Please KU Leuven are requesting for certify copies of my documents.
I want to ask do I print out my documents and transcripts in coloured with a printing machine and then give it to my institution for stamping and signing and sealed in a university envelope along with my application form and send to the Ku Leuven by courier...

Is that wat they are implying or what.
Please I need your help guys.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
renebong50@gmail.com
kelvin91:

Please can you kindly give me your Email address.
I want to discuss something with you sir.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kelvin91: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
namebdis4:
renebong50@gmail.com

Sir I just sent you a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.