Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,592 members, 7,801,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (237522 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Adenike88:

Thanks so much for the feedback. My sponsor actually resides in Nigeria. My full tuition is sorted. And i have an official letter to that effect. I'm only using the sponsor to cover my living expenses etc. And my sponsor earns almost that amount. Just a few hundred euros short. Is there a chance for me to be given a student visa?

Also I can see someone posted on the group to ask how long it takes. The VFS website doesn't do much justice with regards to that but I went there in person to find out and they said it takes like 2 months. I hope that helps @mavinc4u

hello...

Its is crucial that you include that few hundred euros shot... it is very important.. a cent less will result in refusal (God forbid), but belgium dont joke with a cent ehn... I will implore you to beat the requirement(finance). If u read the comments on the thread am sure u will see what few hundred euros actually caused us (refusal). please meet the requirement... annexe 32 can be downloaded online... your sponsor will have to be at the embassy with you to defend his payslips and all. Make sure he convinces whoever there that he is capable.. SUFFICIENT SOLVENCY must be written on the legalised annexe 32.. if not my sis no waste time look for another sponsor.

veel success mevrouw
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Walatadadon:

Oga Namebdis, it's actually around 1807 euros sir, d 2000 euros can still take one dependant of 150 euros

This money just dey increase anyhow... i will suggest you go with 2000 euros just as name said... more is better dan less you know.. just tobe on safer side...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

I do not see how much one needs to have in account there? My destination is not belgium but another country, just need to get to Belgium before proceeding to my destination. If you have any information, you can share.

student visa takes 2 months... tourist i think is less dan a month... just a quick one... why not apply to the embassy of the country you are headed... Belgium are strict ooo... every and all requirement must be met... even with prayer sef... goed luck bro or sis....

student visa doesnt need statement of account but annexe 32 to proof sufficiency... tourist ... i think you should be able to proof you have enough to spend and to take with you on the journey... denk ik... ik ben niet zeker... i am not sure about the tourist thingy
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
everyevery:
Please is toefl/ielts a requirement for international students in Belgium besides how much must my statement of account reflect for a postgraduate course. Thanks

applying for an english programm... it is .... and again depends on the school requirement... belgium doesnt require statement of account except annexe 32...

hope this helps
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
fikki1:

student visa takes 2 months... tourist i think is less dan a month... just a quick one... why not apply to the embassy of the country you are headed... Belgium are strict ooo... every and all requirement must be met... even with prayer sef... goed luck bro or sis....

student visa doesnt need statement of account but annexe 32 to proof sufficiency... tourist ... i think you should be able to proof you have enough to spend and to take with you on the journey... denk ik... ik ben niet zeker... i am not sure about the tourist thingy

Where am going does not have embassy in Nigeria.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
fikki1:

hello...

Its is crucial that you include that few hundred euros shot... it is very important.. a cent less will result in refusal (God forbid), but belgium dont joke with a cent ehn... I will implore you to beat the requirement(finance). If u read the comments on the thread am sure u will see what few hundred euros actually caused us (refusal). please meet the requirement... annexe 32 can be downloaded online... your sponsor will have to be at the embassy with you to defend his payslips and all. Make sure he convinces whoever there that he is capable.. SUFFICIENT SOLVENCY must be written on the legalised annexe 32.. if not my sis no waste time look for another sponsor.

veel success mevrouw

Hello Fikki1

Thank you so so much for the detailed update. I really appreciate your help. My sponsor went to the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja yesterday to fill, sign and submit the Annex 32 form for legalisation. They asked her for some documents which she provided and the official said all was fine that she even overprepared sef; that he would legalise the document. She was told to come back at 3pm for the legalised document. She has given me the legalised annex 32 form. I don't see where it is written "Sufficient Solvency" on the form although it has been legalised. Should I be worried? Or once you have a legalised annex 32 form does that serve as proof of sufficient solvency.

Please advise. Thank you
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 7:53am On Jul 01, 2017
Adenike88:

Hello Fikki1

Thank you so so much for the detailed update. I really appreciate your help. My sponsor went to the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja yesterday to fill, sign and submit the Annex 32 form for legalisation. They asked her for some documents which she provided and the official said all was fine that she even overprepared sef; that he would legalise the document. She was told to come back at 3pm for the legalised document. She has given me the legalised annex 32 form. I don't see where it is written "Sufficient Solvency" on the form although it has been legalised. Should I be worried? Or once you have a legalised annex 32 form does that serve as proof of sufficient solvency.

Please advise. Thank you

Requirement for Student visa looks easy but it's more complex than we think. In one of ur post u said tuition is sorted does this means u have blocked some amount with ur school? If it does then the financial attestation from ur school is ok. Please be more precise so veterans like fikki, Namebdis etc can help out. They got Ph.d in belgium visa processing I swear
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2017
Adenike88:

Hello Fikki1

Please advise. Thank you

Beste,
Sorry for the late response...
Truthful, your sponsor wouldn't be told differently, who is going to refuse money?
Check the back of the annexed 32, it should be written there, either in dutch or French and if not and you are very sure your sponsor has such monthly income.... for example: your sponsor should have about 1900x350(assumption it may be more or less) let's say 700k monthly..(salary not biz money ... his salary).
Then you are good to go... but you must include pay slips, statement of account, family structure letter (to know number of dependant) ..(. have forgotten the rest but check online..).when applying for the visa... hopefully with prayer.. you will be granted... if you are refused don't be discouraged... I was refused too..name was refused... Just rectify the problem and apply almost immediately... you will be granted... have in mind no be beans ooo.... but it's still easy.. after all every Nigerian who came follow the same procedure though the money might be different... best of luck sis... all will be fine and don't forget to always pray it's seals shut the bad door...

Happy New month family

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 8:22am On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=Walatadadon post=58007672][/quote]

On your last paragraph.. for me I think school fee is not the problem for the embassy... Belgium schools might not ask u to pay before applying for visa... in fact UGENT sspecifically state on their website dat you can't pay in advance except you have enrolled... And you can't enrol until you get to Belgium... I hope you understand... though I don't know about other schools..but I don't think you need to pay school fee..so it really not criteria... but your living expenses dat 637 or how much sef is crucial...

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 9:18am On Jul 01, 2017
fikki1:

Beste,
Truthful, your sponsor wouldn't be told differently, who is going to refuse money?
Check the back of the annexed 32, it should be written there, either in dutch or French and if not and you are very sure your sponsor has such monthly income.... for example: your sponsor should have about 1900x350(assumption it may be more or less) let's say 700k monthly..(salary not biz money ... his salary).
Then you are good to go... but you must include pay slips, statement of account, family structure letter (to know number of dependant) ..(. have forgotten the rest but check online..).when applying for the visa... hopefully with prayer.. you will be granted... if you are refused don't be discouraged... I was refused too..name was refused... Just rectify the problem and apply almost immediately... you will be granted... have in mind no be beans ooo.... but it's still easy.. after all every Nigerian who came follow the same procedure though the money might be different... best of luck sis... all will be fine and don't forget to always pray it's seals shut the bad door...

Happy New month family

Happy New month,

I got this info few mins ago it's not on vfs website, I got it frm home office brussels

What is the amount of resources a guarantor must have? As a general rule, the guarantor must have at minimum: a basic amount of 1.179,65 € net/month. This reference amount corresponds to the income of'social integration fixed in 06/2017 for an adult head of household, 'an amount of 642 € net/month. The reference amount is the minimum amount which a student must be prepared for the'academic year 2017/2018.

It is fixed and indexed each year by royal decree, and an amount of 150 € net/month for any person from whom he has already the Load The minimum base amount + 150 € net/month for any person already in charge of the Guarantor + minimum amount which must be available to a student = minimum amount net monthly which must have a guarantor

So 1821.65 euros at least without dependant, if there's dependant, + 150/dependant.

Pls note: I think they work with net pay not gross pay on payslips

Kind regards

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2017
You need to be very worried. If that has not been it means her income is not sufficient.
If that statement is not written you visa will not be issued. If you want me.to help check ur doc, send me and email.
Adenike88:

Hello Fikki1

Please advise. Thank you

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ladyb4sure(f): 4:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Please, no one is talking about Postgraduate Programme. I studied Computer Science HND but came out with a poor result but intend going for Postgraduate Programme in INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT.

Would like to know the following:

1. Can my level of Education be accepted for pgd being HND with 2.46cgp?

2. Cost implication

3. Duration

4. Best time to start applying.

5. Do they request for test of english?

Please guys i really need your help ooo.
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=Walatadadon post=58007672][/quote]

I haven't blocked some account with the school. I've got tuition scholarship as well as additional funding from a financial institution to cover all my tuition expenses so I also have an official letter to support that.

So I'm using a sponsor just to cover my living expenses...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
fikki1:

Beste,

Happy New month family

Bestie, happy new month o lol

I have checked the back of the document o. Although it's mostly written Dutch/French, I can't see "Sufficient Solvency". Its just the normal legalisation that they did previously on my other documents. Just that the legalised annex 32 has the name of my sponsor.

I am sure she earns such monthly income. She has given me her payslips, bank statement, family structure letter, docs from work etc.

Amen and Amen, thank you so much for the encouragement. I'll definitely keep praying about it. Please keep me in your prayers too o.

It is well.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Walatadadon:

Happy New month,

I got this info few mins ago it's not on vfs website, I got it frm home office brussels

What is the amount of resources a guarantor must have? As a general rule, the guarantor must have at minimum: a basic amount of 1.179,65 € net/month. This reference amount corresponds to the income of'social integration fixed in 06/2017 for an adult head of household, 'an amount of 642 € net/month. The reference amount is the minimum amount which a student must be prepared for the'academic year 2017/2018.

It is fixed and indexed each year by royal decree, and an amount of 150 € net/month for any person from whom he has already the Load The minimum base amount + 150 € net/month for any person already in charge of the Guarantor + minimum amount which must be available to a student = minimum amount net monthly which must have a guarantor

So 1821.65 euros at least without dependant, if there's dependant, + 150/dependant.

Pls note: I think they work with net pay not gross pay on payslips

Kind regards

Happy New Month

Thank you so much for the detailed update. Very helpful.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 03, 2017
Please if you did not see "Sufficient Solvency".on the Annex 32, don't apply for the visa, look for another sponsor. You will be refuse that visa instantly. That statement is key for the immigration office here to make a decision on you visa application. Whether she earn much or not.. Whether it is on her payslip or not, if the embassy that legalise the annex 32 did not put the statement, the home office will assume they embassy already check her income and she is not in good standing that is why they.. The embassy did not put"Sufficient Solvency". Hence you will be refuse the visa. If you want to get here in Belgium, try to read out experiences above and do not rush. I wish to the best

Adenike88:

Bestie, happy new month o lol

I have checked the back of the document o. Although it's mostly written Dutch/French, I can't see "Sufficient Solvency". Its just the normal legalisation that they did previously on my other documents. Just that the legalised annex 32 has the name of my sponsor.

I am sure she earns such monthly income. She has given me her payslips, bank statement, family structure letter, docs from work etc.

Amen and Amen, thank you so much for the encouragement. I'll definitely keep praying about it. Please keep me in your prayers too o.

It is well.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 03, 2017
Please guys try as much as possible to follow instructions or advice. If you don't make don't say we did not help out or try to give the right idea. Just a word of advice. The key for Belgian student visa is finance, Annex 32 is very complicated to understand how the immigration office here work with them. Again, if you have an annex 32 which has been legalised and the statement "Sufficient Solvency" written in Dutch or French is not on it, note that the sponsor was deemed not fit to sponsor, even if the annex 32 had been legalised it is does not mean it is good for visa application. It is only good for Visa application with the statement "Sufficient Solvency". That said, another option is block account with which visa is guaranteed. I will try post a picture of annex 32 with the statement "Sufficient Solvency".

Wishing everyone good luck in their visa application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by AdeAdeAA: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2017
@namebdis4 @fikki1

Please guys my sponsor resides in Belgium but he is a business person, I mean he has his own business. Can I go ahead and use him because all I have been reading is sponsor must be a salary earner.

Another thing is I'm admitted into a private institution and I will be 21years in August, will I pay 215euro or 160euro to Brussels home office?

Bedankt.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
namebdis4:
Please if you did not see "Sufficient Solvency".on the Annex 32, don't apply for the visa, look for another sponsor. You will be refuse that visa instantly. That statement is key for the immigration office here to make a decision on you visa application. Whether she earn much or not.. Whether it is on her payslip or not, if the embassy that legalise the annex 32 did not put the statement, the home office will assume they embassy already check her income and she is not in good standing that is why they.. The embassy did not put"Sufficient Solvency". Hence you will be refuse the visa. If you want to get here in Belgium, try to read out experiences above and do not rush. I wish to the best

I've also seen the picture posted. Mine doesnt have that stamp. But Thank you so much. I've taken note.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
If your sponsor is in Belgium, and the annex is signed in Belgium, it will not carry the statement "Sufficient Solvency". Please may I know the name of your school. Bcus some school are subsidize by the government, hence u will not pay 300 Euro. Note the prise for the additional fee has been increase. It is now 200euro for state institutions and government subsidized institutions and 300euro for private institutions. Thus I can't advise without a knowledge of the institution you are admitted too.
Adenike88:

I've also seen the picture posted. Mine doesnt have that stamp. But Thank you so much. I've taken note.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
namebdis4:
If your sponsor is in Belgium, and the annex is signed in Belgium, it will not carry the statement "Sufficient Solvency". Please may I know the name of your school. Bcus some school are subsidize by the government, hence u will not pay 300 Euro. Note the prise for the additional fee has been increase. It is now 200euro for state institutions and government subsidized institutions and 300euro for private institutions. Thus I can't advise without a knowledge of the institution you are admitted too.

My sponsor is in Nigeria so the Annex 32 was signed at the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja.
The name of my school is Vlerick Business School. They are also subsidized by the govt so I paid €200.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by henrooik: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Bosses in the house please I need your advice in this legalisation issues. I have an admission to study at C-MAT University of Antwerp 2017-2018, my application was done online with my documents only scanned and uploaded and after which they interviewed me through Skype and eventually gave me the admission. They specifically asked me to legalize my degree certificate, scan it and send it to their email and also not to forget to come with the legalised degree document while coming to register in the school by September.
I have legalized a certified copy of my B.Tech cert. But as I am goin through this thread I found out that the embassy requires more than degree cert. apart from the police report and Annex 32.
Please, I ask if I must legalise my transcript and also, is it mandatory to legalise my original Waec cert. and my original degree cert. As I have their certified copies Before I can submit my application for visa.
Your contributions are vital. Please help !!!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by henrooik: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=namebdis4 post=58085598]If your sponsor is in Belgium, and the annex is signed in Belgium, it will not carry the statement "Sufficient Solvency". Please may I know the name of your school. Bcus some school are subsidize by the government, hence u will not pay 300 Euro. Note the prise for the additional fee has been increase. It is now 200euro for state institutions and government subsidized institutions and 300euro for private institutions. Thus I can't advise without a knowledge of the institution you are admitted too.

@namebdis4 and fikki please guys how can I get a bulk account to make deposit and how much is required to be deposited. my school said that they don't provide such services to incoming students unless an old student that wants an extension for residence permit. Is there any other means I can get it apart from my school?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Umuks(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
please guys, what's the possibility of getting a tourist visa on a fresh passport from Belgium embassy for someone going to Estonia? Belgium represent Estonia embassy in Nigeria.

My self and some friends are very scared to apply after fulfilling all the said requirements
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Stanley1109: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Please if my guarantor is outside the country, how do I get the signed annex 32? Do I need to send the actual copy(should he send my regular mail) or he can email the form to me for me to print it out? Because I need it urgently
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by demmy79: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello, please i want to know if they are still doing visa interview for student visa again.
thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Stanley1109: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please if anyone here knows someone who is willing to serve as a guarantor for a Belgium student visa for a fee kindly email me. I urgently need one otherwise I cannot make it to school this year
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
The original is required. Let him mail you the original.
Stanley1109:
Please if my guarantor is outside the country, how do I get the signed annex 32? Do I need to send the actual copy(should he send my regular mail) or he can email the form to me for me to print it out? Because I need it urgently
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akoachere: 3:45am On Jul 22, 2017
VISA GRANTED
Just want to thank everyone in this forum who have been contributing in one way or another to ensure people like us gain some knowledge about visa process.
Special thanks to my own bros @Namebdis4 for holding my hand from the beginning to this stage.
I'm just so proud to be a member of this forum and will be giving back to this forum in my own little way.
For all those who are still waiting for theirs, that God who did it for me will also do it for you.
God bless us all.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.