Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (237931 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Valeriemakona(f): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2017
Good morning all, i'm new on nairaland, tho I hv always read post on this forum, just created my account, because I need guidance on the Belgium admission and visa application process. I will like to apply for my master studies in Ugent or universitn de liege or VUB..For the legalization fees at the embassy do I have to pay for extra copies if I intend having 3 copies so I can send to other schools. .when is the next admission application going to be open. Is there anyone here who got visa without block account with the sponsorship process. Which school has the cheapest tuition, with cheapest language course program. Need to reduce expenses because I will be sponsoring myself, the sponsor I intend to use is just for the records. Thanks for your response, it's highly appreciated @henrooik@Akoachere@fikk@namebdis
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by JerryDM1: 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Funnyguy83:
plz answer my above query.
Thank you all for this trend. Plz I want to know the minimum statement of account balance for international students in Belgium. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by JerryDM1: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
henrooik:

Yes it is a study visa I applied for with certificate of solvency issued to me by my school after I transferred the money which they blocked for me. I sent my application ref no. And the embassy email address to my school via email and I requested for my admission letter to be sent directly to the embassy informing them of my resumption date which they did and every other thing fall in place
please how much exactly did they require you to transfer? Thanks and congrats
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by henrooik: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2017
JerryDM1:
please how much exactly did they require you to transfer? Thanks and congrats
The amount of money required to be transferred should be based on the university, some universities charge administrative fees while my university did not charge me an addtional fee apart from the required amount for my one year living expenses.
But you need to apply for the prove of solvency certificate through the right channel and if approved they will tell you how much you will transfer and give account number where you will make the transfer in one deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by JerryDM1: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
henrooik:

The amount of money required to be transferred should be based on the university, some universities charge administrative fees while my university did not charge me an addtional fee apart from the required amount for my one year living expenses.
But you need to apply for the prove of solvency certificate through the right channel and if approved they will tell you how much you will transfer and give account number where you will make the transfer in one deposit.
OK thanks bro
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dabrunzy: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello everyone.
Please can anybody enlighten or share their experiences with me concerning late applications?
My appointment is due for September 20th. My school resumes on Sept 18th but i have obtained a letter from my school giving me up to Oct 09th to enroll. What are your thoughts? Anyone ever applied within such crucial time span?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
nice thread guys, quite unfortunate I didn't know about this in time.
I'm in a sort of limbo, I did the processes of school admission and visa all by myself (no past experience guide).. still awaiting a decision on my visa app at this very moment and I applied since more than 3months now.
I made a terrible mistake and only got to know how important this is in this very commendable thread. as earlier stated, I applied for the Belgian study visa with no guide whatsoever, so definitely every step was horribly horrible for me, very very.. to shorten the talk, I got the study visa requirements and was not clear about the annex 32, so I mailed the embassy what the sponsorship form meant, I didn't mention annex 32 but sponsorship form instead because I saw it was meant to be legalized, so I asked if I am to legalize the sponsors form too, their response was very misleading because the reply was no (I really wish I found this thread earlier).. so I ignored the annex 32 and continued with other requirements including other sponsorship docs and all..
yeh I applied without the annex 32, don't even know what's blocked acct, I found out what it meant here.
so the reality my brothers is that I'm waiting for a visa that annex 32 or blocked acct was not included, how pathetic
I was even trying to find out if applicants can add documents even after submission but I don't think it's possible. so this is the situation I'm in now and I pledge to direct prospective students here and help also in the little way I can so peeps won't have to make terrible mistake like myself.
I apologise really for this short novel, my first contribution and I'm relief I've let this out.
I haven't mastered the names yet but I must commend some old buddies, they've been excellent from the previous comments I saw.
cheers guys

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Uyiii:
I'm in a sort of limbo, I did the processes of school admission and visa all by myself (no past experience guide).. still awaiting a decision on my visa app at this very moment and I applied since more than 3months now.
I made a terrible mistake and only got to know how important this is in this very commendable thread. as earlier stated, I applied for the Belgian study visa with no guide whatsoever, so definitely every step was horribly horrible for me, very very.. to shorten the talk, I got the study visa requirements and was not clear about the annex 32, so I mailed the embassy what the sponsorship form meant, I didn't mention annex 32 but sponsorship form instead because I saw it was meant to be legalized, so I asked if I am to legalize the sponsors form too, their response was very misleading because the reply was no (I really wish I found this thread earlier).. so I ignored the annex 32 and continued with other requirements including other sponsorship docs and all..
yeh I applied without the annex 32, don't even know what's blocked acct, I found out what it meant here.
so the reality my brothers is that I'm waiting for a visa that annex 32 or blocked acct was not included, how pathetic
I was even trying to find out if applicants can add documents even after submission but I don't think it's possible. so this is the situation I'm in now and I pledge to direct prospective students here and help also in the little way I can so peeps won't have to make terrible mistake like myself.
I apologise really for this short novel, my first contribution and I'm relief I've let this out.
I haven't mastered the names yet but I must commend some old buddies, they've been excellent from the previous comments I saw.
cheers guys

U mean u didn't apply thru VFS cos u should have been told. Pls call the embassy and have u done interview, I think this a lot of questions to ask u dear so we can kNow where to come in to help. All the best
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
You send additional documents via email to the home office in Belgian and to the Belgian embassy in Nigeria. By the problem now is time. So just give a trial,
Uyiii:
cheers guys

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by henrooik: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2017
Hello house!!
Is there any nairalander? Going for studies /studying in University of Antwerp?
Please PM me.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2017
Walatadadon:

U mean u didn't apply thru VFS cos u should have been told. Pls call the embassy and have u done interview, I think this a lot of questions to ask u dear so we can kNow where to come in to help. All the best.

I applied through vfs, lagos precisely. I remember when I applied, the first submission process, the staff asked for the receipt of payment to home office, then after my documents before asking for my sponsors docs which I gave to her.
so she didn't ask for the annex 32 specifically, then I would have known something's wrong cus I don't have it.
no interview, no nothing.. 3months and counting
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2017
namebdis4:
You send additional documents via email to the home office in Belgian and to the Belgian embassy in Nigeria. By the problem now is time. So just give a trial,

ok boss, I'll mail abj embassy and ask if it's possible to send it..
will let u guys know how it turns out.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Uyiii post=60310498][/quote]

Personally, I think u need to send PM to one of us so u can chat fast cos I think u need urgent action at the moment.

Unfortunately, I may not be a good option cos am yet to get a stable Internet sources but occasionally when u post I can comment.

Where's ur sponsor and what doc did u submit as sonsor's doc
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 6:26am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=Uyiii post=60332072][/quote]

To chat anyone privately click on the person's name in any of his/er comment it takes u to where u can see send messages. Do that to as many pple as u can so the available ones can begin to chat with then u become stable. Don't get offended if u don't get quick response everyone is on d move here no time to.
U can also request for whatsapp no when u begin to chat well. I will send u a PM now so u can see.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 6:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Walatadadon:

To chat anyone privately click on the person's name in any of his/er comment it takes u to where u can see send messages. Do that to as many pple as u can so the available ones can begin to chat with then u become stable. Don't get offended if u don't get quick response everyone is on d move here no time to.
U can also request for whatsapp no when u begin to chat well. I will send u a PM now so u can see.

Ur sponsor is an employee or business?

One thing I have learnt with western pple to read well and ask a lot of questions.

Frm the vfs page u will see requirement for both since u said na France i.e third country category. If na employee that money is net pay on payslip not gross. Have paid that mistake be4 and it costed having to pay all over again at a new higher rate. Presently, 1822 euros is minimum not 1787 for last year that index changes every june/ july I think.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Uyiii: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Walatadadon:

U can also request for whatsapp no when u begin to chat well. I will send u a PM now so u can see.!

ok boss. I appreciate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dejiconde(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Good day gurus in d house, am a newbie here.
Have read little on this thread, am interested in studying in Belgium after I got denied from studying in italy last month. I have few questions to ask
1. Have done certification of my doxc from MOE and MOF wen I was runsing my Italian student visa. will I have to go to d belgium embassy again for legalization like the Italian embassy too?
2. When is the admission application window in Belgium I will be going for master degree in English
3. What are d requirement for visa.
4. Seem HV been denied schengai visa hope it won't affect my application
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
Do student visa applicants need to purchase insurance before applying for a visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
No
Achobandu:
Do student visa applicants need to purchase insurance before applying for a visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Also, does the sponsor have to take the Annex 32 for legalization personally, or can the student do that himself?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by brunosucre(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
henrooik:
Hello house!!
Is there any nairalander? Going for studies /studying in University of Antwerp?
Please PM me.

Hey! Anyone going to or already studying in Ghent. Please PM me let's talk.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vayniac: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Virtue11:

Certified True Copy is acceptable but it has to be legalized by the Belgian Embassy in Nigeria

The travel ecosystem is quite vast and there are so many things to learn! It's awesome, what do you think about traveling across Africa (South Africa to be specific. I saw this guide for <a href='http://www.it-foryou.net'> Travel Guides Across Africa</a> it's very particular however and doesn't do all the justice to information as a guide to travelling in African states. What website do you use?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by tossyn88: 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
henrooik:

Yes it is a study visa I applied for with certificate of solvency issued to me by my school after I transferred the money which they blocked for me. I sent my application ref no. And the embassy email address to my school via email and I requested for my admission letter to be sent directly to the embassy informing them of my resumption date which they did and every other thing fall in place
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WinaMofi: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2017
henrooik:

Hello Henrooik!
Pls was the Certificate of Solvency in hard copy?
Did you have to legalise it?
Please respond, Newbie here!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by princewalay: 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello everyone! Please i need your advise. I applied for a program in Ghent University Belgium. My application was approved but i was told to provide a legalized copy of my degree certificate before an admission letter can be issued to me. My question is this: Can i legalize my document here in Lagos using a Rotary Public or Will i have to travel to abuja for the legalization at MOE, MOFA and Belgian Embassy?. Below is an extract from the email that was sent to me (pls read the last line):
- A legalised copy of the basic diploma (i.e. the diploma on which the admission would be based) and its transcript of records (report card / results of each academic year of your higher studies).

Please note that if your basic diploma is a Master diploma following a Bachelor diploma, you are required to provide all transcript of records for each academic year of both Bachelor and Master.

www.ugent.be/legalisation: These should bear the original seals and stamps from the Belgian Embassy.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:22am On Nov 21, 2017
princewalay:
Hello everyone! Please i need your advise. I applied for a program in Ghent University Belgium. My application was approved but i was told to provide a legalized copy of my degree certificate before an admission letter can be issued to me. My question is this: Can i legalize my document here in Lagos using a Rotary Public or Will i have to travel to abuja for the legalization at MOE, MOFA and Belgian Embassy?. Below is an extract from the email that was sent to me (pls read the last line):
- A legalised copy of the basic diploma (i.e. the diploma on which the admission would be based) and its transcript of records (report card / results of each academic year of your higher studies).

Please note that if your basic diploma is a Master diploma following a Bachelor diploma, you are required to provide all transcript of records for each academic year of both Bachelor and Master.

www.ugent.be/legalisation: These should bear the original seals and stamps from the Belgian Embassy.

Sorry .. this is coming late .. it might still be helpful or it might not.. depending on if your document has been sent or not.. But either way..

From my experience.
Belgian Embassy knows and recognises Foreign affairs signature n stamp.. so also Foreign affairs knows and recognises Ministering of education stamp n seal.. without each seal or stamp or signature, the other won't append theirs.. if u understand what I mean.. in essence: MOE=MOFA=Belgium Embassy... hope this helps

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:24am On Nov 21, 2017
WinaMofi:

Hello Henrooik!
Pls was the Certificate of Solvency in hard copy?
Did you have to legalise it?
Please respond, Newbie here!

It's a form, that is printed out from internet or received at the embassy.. after it has been filled and certified .. it becomes a certificate of solvency.. Which is always hard copy n will be legalised by only the Belgian Embassy where your sponsor lives

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:25am On Nov 21, 2017
brunosucre:

Hey! Anyone going to or already studying in Ghent. Please PM me let's talk.

I live in Ghent but I don't study in Ghent.. But I can help if need be

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:26am On Nov 21, 2017
Achobandu:
Also, does the sponsor have to take the Annex 32 for legalization personally, or can the student do that himself?

Both the student and the sponsor can go... or the sponsor alone if he or she is a foreigner..

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:31am On Nov 21, 2017
Uyiii:

I applied through vfs, lagos precisely. I remember when I applied, the first submission process, the staff asked for the receipt of payment to home office, then after my documents before asking for my sponsors docs which I gave to her.
so she didn't ask for the annex 32 specifically, then I would have known something's wrong cus I don't have it.
no interview, no nothing.. 3months and counting

Sorry bro..any news on your application?

Am sorry have not been online to check this

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.