Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

'06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues (2375 Views)

07 Camry Gear 13 Pin / Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by arinzest: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2015
hi Gurus,
I changed my gear box on Saturday, a 2006 camry V4. though initially budgeted for 10 pin, was informed that my car had a 13 pin tranny and I paid for and got a 'belgium' one. with the change, I noted that the car jerks between 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 ie 2 jerks as one accelerates to 80km/hr.
following the installation, Yukon brand of ATF was used to fill d gear. took it back to the mechanics and was informed that the jerking will clear with time but I have my reservations. Just spent about 280k with 250k just on the gear box.

appreciate the fact that you guys have answered a lot of guys like me but really need answers so as to sort it out before the ;warranty' expires.

P.S: a colleague of mine said I should take it to a computer guy to reset factory default/ synchronise engine and gear box or smth like that.

expecting to hear from you guys. keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by boldx(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2015
arinzest:
hi Gurus,
I changed my gear box on Saturday, a 2006 camry V4. though initially budgeted for 10 pin, was informed that my car had a 13 pin tranny and I paid for and got a 'belgium' one. with the change, I noted that the car jerks between 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 ie 2 jerks as one accelerates to 80km/hr.
following the installation, Yukon brand of ATF was used to fill d gear. took it back to the mechanics and was informed that the jerking will clear with time but I have my reservations. Just spent about 280k with 250k just on the gear box.

appreciate the fact that you guys have answered a lot of guys like me but really need answers so as to sort it out before the ;warranty' expires.

P.S: a colleague of mine said I should take it to a computer guy to reset factory default/ synchronise engine and gear box or smth like that.

What type of ATF is this? I have never heard of this before!!! Your gearbox will soon knock shocked. Better still, Toyota series: ATF Type IV, Toyota WS ATF...
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by mayor2013: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
arinzest:
hi Gurus,

Where in God's name did you get that transmission oil. Best you go flush that oil out and if you do put the recommended oil. If it persists scan the ride and post fault codes here. But since the gear box is still under warranty my brother there is nothing of such that the fault would clear soon. Would advice you go for another gear box. Also if your car has got a TCU you might need to synchronise it with your gearbox
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by DECOtech(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
arinzest:
hi Gurus,

Please change that ATF ASAP. That's a possible reason for the harsh shifting you are experiencing.

If you can't get ur hands on TOYOTA WS look for DEXTRON 6.
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by arinzest: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
thanks for all your comments. appreciated.

lost all trust in men today. my mechanic of 5yrs dt i rejected d offer of using a 10pin transmission for a 13 pin, went and installed a 10 pin tranny and removed my Brain box WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I paid d guy N 250k for a 13 pin tranny. even though i knew it was overpriced, i didnt want to struggle wt him

Noted some taped wires following a more astute observatn of my tranny and took it to a mechanic who removed d tape n showed me 3 cut wires and a 10pin tranny

took it back to d mech who didnt argue(lucky for his skull) and told him to replace my old tranny n brain box and get my money ready. expect him to be thru tomorrow.

the b.....d 's explanatn was dt 13 pin usuallt have fault n he did it cos he WAS LOOKING OUT FOR ME. what a pile of s***t
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by Tripsonline: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello brothers. I have a Camry 07xle . I nought it last Ur Nov. When I drive and I'm about hitting a bend by the time I want to accelerate after I noticed it draggs then moves. I told my mech said it might be fuel pump. Now I'm having issues with the gear after shifting to 2gear it jerks to go to 3 or once the rpm is above 2. It makes a loud noise like I'm raising it before it enters or won't enter to climb hill na struggle . I noticed when the engine is cool like parked for a long time it will shift well even to 4 without wahala BT when its hot all over to even gear 2 na problem. I've gone to meet gear expert they said its 13pin and best I buy a new one cuz fixing is not guaranteed at all. When I did scanning it shows like 2clutches were off and one solenoid not working.. Brothers please what do you advise?
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by mayor2013: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Tripsonline:
Hello brothers. I have a Camry 07xle . I nought it last Ur Nov. When I drive and I'm about hitting a bend by the time I want to accelerate after I noticed it draggs then moves. I told my mech said it might be fuel pump. Now I'm having issues with the gear after shifting to 2gear it jerks to go to 3 or once the rpm is above 2. It makes a loud noise like I'm raising it before it enters or won't enter to climb hill na struggle . I noticed when the engine is cool like parked for a long time it will shift well even to 4 without wahala BT when its hot all over to even gear 2 na problem. I've gone to meet gear expert they said its 13pin and best I buy a new one cuz fixing is not guaranteed at all. When I did scanning it shows like 2clutches were off and one solenoid not working.. Brothers please what do you advise?

If you are in Lagos. Drive down to multiautolab at 12b Alhaji yekini olarewaju street Akesan bustop Igando Lagos for a free diagnosis. This offer has been going since yesterday
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by Tripsonline: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Thanks a lot bro, but I've scanned it twice at my main mechanic n at alusa they used their mini comp to scan
n both said same thing. Get a new gear
mayor2013:

If you are in Lagos. Drive down to multiautolab at 12b Alhaji yekini olarewaju street Akesan bustop Igando Lagos for a free diagnosis. This offer has been going since yesterday
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by mayor2013: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Tripsonline:
Thanks a lot bro, but I've scanned it twice at my main mechanic n at alusa they used their mini comp to scan
n both said same thing. Get a new gear

Then proceed with getting another gear
Re: '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues by Inception(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Tripsonline:

Hello bro,

Sent you a pm. Pls can I have your contact?

(1) (Reply)

. / Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts / Toyota Camry 2008 Or Honda Accord 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.