Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities (39631 Views)

Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / FG May Redeploy North-east Troops To N’delta / Confusion Trails Arrest Of N’delta Militants By Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by favored11(f): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by danielblessing(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
k
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by RazziP(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Copy that...
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Dindondin(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
They should pay for those that are already there but stop sending others

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by mschubby: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
aminho:
buhari just did 1 month in power how cn he cancel 2 months salary?
exactly my thought
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by kent79: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
I don't support this
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by dave2meek(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
Buhari why
This is just a month and u've started oppressing the southundecided

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Justicealh3(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
Welrez:
Buhari dey look 4 trouble!
Countinue sir.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ajalaolanr(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
I saw this coming, but not so soon! And if so I'm guessing it muse have been done towards the end of GEJ's tenure.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Teddyg2(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin shocked undecided wink wink smileyWETIN BE THERE OWN SELF NIGER DELTA EVERY WERE. Na only Niger Delta dey Nigeria. i beg make unna come back home come dey fish jooo
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by stepo707: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
is it NDDC?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by 9jatatafo(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
FG should ensure already enrolled students should complete their various programmes instead of stopping them and control or stop new ones from registering for the program. I hope the asawana boys will not return to the creeks to start blowing up pipelines so we don't have double jeopardy (BH and militants).

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Jorussia(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
.The headline of this report is misleading. FG is owing the students two months monthly allowance, it didn't stop the programme. Anyway,this is not the first time that fg will owe these students their monthly stipends, i remember sometime in Gej,the student attacked the Nigeria embassy in Moscow and some of them were even deported.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ApexTitan(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
phabulous88:
If the amount of money spent sponsoring these guys in foreign institutions is spent upgrading our universities, Nigerian universities will be the best in Africa.

Do we know how much we're talking about here? You need a minimum of £90,000 to train an international student for a BSc programme in the UK. Multiply this amount by 6,000 (approx Nos of ex militants in foreign institutions) and you will get the ridiculous, frightening amount being wasted.

By the way, 90% of the so called ex militants are enjoying lavish lifestyles in the UK and the US; another 65% are don't even know how to spell their names (hope you get my drift grin ).

If I'm to advise GMB, get these guys to write examination here in Nigeria and anyone who scores below an acceptable band should be withdrawn from his foreign institution and thrown back to the creeks. I hope GMB reads this

The line in bold is patently untrue. Where did you fabricate this £90,000 from? (That's ~ N27m shocked shocked)

Na wa. Why tell tales that many people here can disprove with first hand experience?

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by sweatlana: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Why??
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
The problem is Nigeria's economy....and by extension, the economy of most states.

Most oil producing countries are broke right now. And oil prices won't be rising any time soon.

Nigeria needs to industrialize....so that we can have more money than what we would earn from oil....even at $130 per barrel....and then we can sponsor students galore.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by maestroz: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
this wan na gbege o!

why is FG collecting its CHANGE now. These students are hapless. JONATHAN must PAY from his LOOT
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
importexpert:
nice move. let their be equal benefit for all nigerians

Does the damage oil exploration cause to their means of livelihood extend to all parts of Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by onyiloyi(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kano state is sponsoring their citizens from d allocation they get y wnt Niger Delta states do same, after all the get more allocations than no ND state, they also hv NDDC wit heavy allocation. My opinion, this scholarships shld be stop cos it's nt fair to other Nigerians
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by ideatoprince18(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
hmmmnnn......bihari don't provoke d gods of igboko land ooooo......we will destabilise all quarters of Nigeria....book haram will b a child's play to what we will do
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by bmos(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
aminho:
buhari just did 1 month in power how cn he cancel 2 months salary?

I wonder my brother
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by abbey621(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

The line in bold is patently untrue. Where did you fabricate this £90,000 from? (That's ~ N27m shocked shocked)

Na wa. Why tell tales that many people here can disprove with first hand experience?

It's the truth, you think £90,000 is just tuition, what about housing, feeding and other expenses for 3 or 4 years. Real education is expensive!

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by mmsen: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

£20,000 per year for fees. (£60,000)

£10,000 per annum for living expenses. (£30,000)

That figure sounds about right.

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yes what he said is true 90000 pounds for a low rubbish UK school excluding living expenses. To attend cambridge cost as much as 56000 pounds a year that's almost 220000 pounds for a degree program.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by fejicruz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
How can 6000 students be on scholarship abroad What happened to Uniben, Uniport, Unilag, UI etc.... We that schooled in Nigeria are fools abi
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by hamilton62(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:
When they stop paying ya fees its time to stop the oil flow.
no my brother mogidi... the school fees should be stopped because these guys are very useless... i live around and with them and i know what i am saying... The amnesty program should be stopped....
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by atlwireles: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:
When they stop paying ya fees its time to stop the oil flow.

Mogidi, the story is not correct grin grin grin grin The Daura President will not be penny wise pound foolish.
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by mkpikpub(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
lilprinze:
One Nigeria my foot had it mean they were from the North they won't stop their school fees instead they would increase it.
The north scamming Nigerians since 1960.

But he is a dullard na
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
A
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by hotgunz(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
Who was the idiot that started that types of scholarship program?
Re: FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities by permsec: 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
For what! Oga abeg restore them back to their initial status quo..... This hatred on Niger-Delta is bcoming alarming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Returns To Nigeria After Spending 7 Months In UAE / Lift Suspension Of Channels TV Or Face Legal Action, SERAP Tells FG / Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.