Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate (1256 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) / Supreme Court Affirms Seriake Dickson As Governor Of Bayelsa State / Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by sayyid(m): 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state is
set to emerge as the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) candidate for the Bayelsa state
governorship election, scheduled to hold in
December this year.
A source within the party’s National Working
Committee (NWC) told Peoples Daily that
various groups within the state have endorsed
the governor.
The party has therefore decided not to
conduct a primary election, which they say is
not in the interest of the party.
The source said, “despite opposition to the
governor, the party’s leadership thought it wise
to give automatic ticket to Dickson because
members were convinced that he was actually
on the ground in Bayelsa State. Being an
incumbent, it would be more reasonable
because going into primary will likely divide the
party more than allowing the governor to re-
contest as a sole candidate with high possibility
to win the election.”
He further stated that the issue of
performance was considered and Dickson
excelled on that front after which he was
given the first right of refusal as a because
they feel he has an advantage as an
incumbent and also Bayelsa state being a
strategic state for the party to retain.
He said, “The honour has been unanimously
accepted and adopted. It is true Governor
Seriake Dickson will likely emerge as our
candidate for the governorship election in
Bayelsa State in due course. You know a lot of
issues were considered before the national
leadership gave the nod.
“First we are interested in winning the state.
You can see the situation in our party now
since the last election, so winning Bayelsa is a
must for us. Then if you look at all the current
dynamics shaping politics in that state, it is
clear that we have to apply tact and come up
with a winning strategy in Bayelsa State. “So,
being a performing governor who also has the
support of members and the state executive, he
has been adopted as our sole candidate.
“How many states are paying salaries? Dickson
was recently eulogized through a vote of
confidence by the State House of Assembly for
his regular payment of salaries and settlement
of about N242 billion out of the N332 billion
debts said to have been incurred by his
predecessor, Timipre Sylva.”
The governor, last week, lambasted some
members of the PDP in the state, who
defected to the opposition, All Progressives
Congress, saying their actions were motivated
by greed.
Sources: Naij.com news , peoplesdaily-
online.com
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by innofyno(m): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Base on belief
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
I wish he was substituted.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by sayyid(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:
I wish he was substituted.
whom do u tink shld b given d ticket instead?
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
sayyid:

whom do u tink shld b given d ticket instead?
Any one but Seriake Dickson, he has become very unpopular.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Welrez(m): 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
I pity PDP if Dickson is presented.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by sayyid(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Any one but Seriake Dickson, he has become very unpopular.
BT I dnt tink Dias any popular face DAT can be given d ticket my opinion though
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Bashirfuntua(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
sayyid:

BT I dnt tink Dias any popular face DAT can be given d ticket my opinion though

His popularity stems from the fact he controls party and state machinery of publicity, take that from him and he's a nobody. Bayelsa is a PDP state, the goodwill of Bayelsians shouldn't be taken for granted, PDP in Bayelsa would short change their people if Dickson remains their candidate.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by atlwireles: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:

His popularity stems from the fact he controls party and state machinery of publicity, take that from him and he's a nobody. Bayelsa is a PDP state, the goodwill of Bayelsians shouldn't be taken for granted, PDP in Bayelsa would short change their people if Dickson remains their candidate.

Bayelsa's politics is way too complex, too many knives. I don't think there is anyway Dickson can be substituted, without PDP and APC loosing the state.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by mistabiola: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
sad sad
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by donphilopus: 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:

I know you're trynna be sympathetic to Mama Piss who is no longer in good terms with Dickson. However, I just have to agree with you. If Timipre Sylva after winning the first Primaries conducted could be relegated by Jonathan simply because he was not in good terms with his wife, then Dickson should also be relegated. Anyway, they should do whatever they like, I'm sure either APGA or APC is gonna defeat whoever is fielded. Because Dickson wouldn't support any other candidate aside him, and Mrs Jonathan alongside her followers wouldn't support Dickson during the Election.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
atlwireles:

Bayelsa's politics is way too complex, too many knives. I don't think there is anyway Dickson can be substituted, without PDP and APC loosing the state.

Considering the allocation he gets, am disappointed at his performance.
I remember when GEJ visited Bayelsa during his campaign, Dickson was booed by those at the stadium.
With Dickson or without Dickson, PDP would still win Bayelsa.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
donphilopus:

I know you're trynna be sympathetic to Mama Piss who is no longer in good terms with Dickson. However, I just have to agree with you. If Timipre Sylva after winning the first Primaries conducted could be relegated by Jonathan simply because he was not in good terms with his wife, then Dickson should also be relegated. Anyway, they should do whatever they like, I'm sure either APGA or APC is gonna defeat whoever is fielded. Because Dickson wouldn't support any other candidate aside him, and Mrs Jonathan alongside her followers wouldn't support Dickson during the Election.

With Dickson or without Dickson, PDP can't be unseated in Bayelsa.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by atlwireles: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:

Considering the allocation he gets, am disappointed at his performance.
I remember when GEJ visited Bayelsa during his campaign, Dickson was booed by those at the stadium.
With Dickson or without Dickson, PDP would still win Bayelsa.

If Dickson leaves the Party, the election becomes very complicated for PDP. PDP is strong in the state, but there is need for us to take calculated risk. Substituting Dickson would open doors that are currently closed.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by donphilopus: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:

With Dickson or without Dickson, PDP can't be unseated in Bayelsa.

If Dickson gets his party's ticket, Mama Piss' allies are gonna work for another party (anti-party). So how do you expect him to win? I guess you ain't forgotten that APC came second in the rescheduled HoA Election in Bayelsa?!
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Mogidi: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
atlwireles:

If Dickson leaves the Party, the election becomes very complicated for PDP. PDP is strong in the state, but there is need for us to take calculated risk. Substituting Dickson would open doors that are currently closed.
Anyway lets see.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by funlord(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Still a very stupid party! Always adopting "unpopular sole candidates" like an adoption agency! Instead of dem 2 give room 4 others 2 emerge and participate in their parties political space! No wonder they are finished!
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by atlwireles: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mogidi:

Anyway lets see.

Dickson started well with his restoration mantra, but he became sidetracked with the politics of revenge. Still, we should learn from our losses in the North central. States that politically and Naturally PDP states have APC representation today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
Demdem wants dickson even though he is a failure just like Jonah-daft when he was also a governor.
At least shepopotamus wont have his stooge in there just like Wike
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by HzRF(m): 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
donphilopus:

If Dickson gets his party's ticket, Mama Piss' allies are gonna work for another party (anti-party). So how do you expect him to win? I guess you ain't forgotten that APC came second in the rescheduled HoA Election in Bayelsa?!
Yes
Because pdp stronghold vote was cancelled

Mind u datz Timpre sylva lga oo
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
Pdp and Dickson are on a long thing.

Nobody flights Faka Petience and go scout free.

I remember Timipre Sylva.
donphilopus:

Leave the hypocrite, he will turn a blind eye to what you type.
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by sayyid(m): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
BT what of if APC wins Bayelsa state?
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by zik4ever: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2015
Any update?
Re: Bayelsa Guber:pdp Adopts Dickson As Sole Candidate by tpiander: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
according to wiki, he assumed office in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Dickson

So, is another election coming up next year?

(1) (Reply)

Nair Note And Historical Pictures / The Police Is Your Friend !!! / Nigeria Among Risky Countries For Foreign Investment - The New York Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.