Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) (61712 Views)

Fire Guts 50 Shops In Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by olapluto(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu don get topic for tonight's program. I'm not Igbo, but I love radio Biafra because it gives me jokes. The way Kanu abuses his people names is second to none. Even they have to beg him when they call and he asks if they've tweeted. One had to confess that he cant afford smart phone.
I am learning a lot about how Nnamdi Kanu treats his own people. When I deal with Biafrans, I know how to treat them.

PS..the market was demolished, TO BE REBUILT. This is less tribal than people are making it to be. When it has been rebuilt, my brothers from the East can come rent it from Lagos state govt. Not this one every joyful jay just opens a shop anywhere he finds space.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by thewarrior72: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Super1Star:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Here comes the cry of genocide to ICC and issuance of lame ultimatum.
Shut the hell up, born slave

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Lobolintin(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yoruba's making Igbo to have sense and to return and rebuild their land ... Kudos , am an Igbo man but I love this development , idumota and trade fair with Alaba loading ....go back home umuwannem

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by CSTR2: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

In the 70 and 80, did Lagos look like it need the presence of Igbos, go back to biafra
And when they do , it is leprachauns like you that will start talking about one-nigeria.
May God punish you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by hollypagan: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
loomer:
Na part of life.

The poor will always be subjected to the law because the laws are always made by the rich
so who is poor and who is rich
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Daresh(f): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
tonychristopher:
I am igbo but I must be honest here ..if ladipo stalls are not kn conformity with the municipal building laws I think they should be demolished. I have been there and that place is nasty.... mind you that apart from igbo other tribes were affected also

in imo state there is ama Hausa it used to be messed up and batchers but the place was demolished and rebuilt and Hausa peeps came back

let us call a spade a spade ...ladipo is messed up but I think they should allow traders to take their goods

I know they must have given them notice anyway

ndi igbo ka aku anyi ruo uno...

Exactly my point. You have to demolish it I agree, but let them take their goods.

Later they will say there is poverty in the land. You destroy a persons source of livelihood and you complain of poverty?

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by thewarrior72: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
PentiumPro:
grin cheesy grin grin

The perpetual whiners are coming too cry, curse and insult APC, Ambode and Yorubas.
Bleep off smelly amala head cool

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by nedu2000(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thought Ladipo spare-part market was at Toyota b/stop
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
gwales:
Hahaha..... One particular tribe would cry all day

And another will enrich themselves off the sweat and blood of others. It is nothing new. Sallah is around the corner.. Y'all need the malu monies

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by NewNigeriaMind: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
CSTR2:
And when they do , it is leprachauns like you that will start talking about one-nigeria.
May God punish you.

Lol..........igbo beast from the land of Biafra, what is keeping you here.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by cozy7(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
gwales:
Hahaha..... One particular tribe would cry all day
Why are u laughing n what's so funny? People's means of livelihood are being destroyed, bread-winners are grieving, as kids will hv to drop out of schools n affected families will be thrown into abject poverty and u laughing "Bcoz it's a tribe that looses d most"? You're a true example of a sadist.

7 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by CSTR2: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
A
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by freeage7(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
[/quote]
oduastates:
All states in the SW should go ahead and demolish all illegal structures, shacks ,rubbish and paanty which litters the region.
All those wooden benches ,stalls and containers .
Those tomatoes seller should be given collapsible plastic stalls which must be removed at the end of the day.
High street which can be shut down for conversion into temporarily markets ,4 days a week must be identified and made available to those who are willing to pay taxes into the tills of the local government.
I was on holidays 3 months ago , the feeling I have whenever I come back into the mess remains the same as it was 6 years .
Nigeria is one big eyesore.
No greens, no open spaces , no planning ,no air to breathe . Just people living on top of each other .
Do not get me started on Those churches ,mosques,generator noises and beeping of horn .
The LASG should dust up her law books and start enforcing them .
Baba kekeere (jakande) was well known for his bull dozers.
[quote author=oduastates post=35325942]All states in the SW should go ahead and demolish all illegal structures, shacks ,rubbish and paanty which litters the region.
Those tomatoes seller should be given collapsible plastic stalls which must be removed at the end of the day.
High street which can be shut down for conversion into temporarily markets ,4 days a week must be identified and made available to those who are willing to pay taxes into the tills of the local government.
I was on holidays 3 months ago , the feeling I have whenever I come back into the mess remains the same as it was 6 years .
No greens, no open spaces , no planning ,no air to breathe . Just people living on top of each other .
Do not get me started on Those churches ,mosques,generator noises and beeping of horn .
oduastates:
All states in the SW should go ahead and demolish all illegal structures, shacks ,rubbish and paanty which litters the region.

Hmmm. Funny u.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
So the price of spare parts will increase, and more Igbo traders will get richer.
Ofe mmanu go dey jealous meanwhile

8 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by okonja(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Merlissa:
Ha!!!

This is so unfair

How can they not allow traders take their goods

Are they gonna be compensated?

Looking at this logically, it's very impossible for demolition to start without prior notice long before now. But you know we have this daring mentality with our own idealology that it would be extended or the event wouldn't even occur.

A case study of this scenario is this current BVN registration exercise, despite the fact that it had been announced since last year and the essence was stated, some people just have time to go register today deadline.

Yoruba would say, "Ojo ajo laa reekana" means we do things at the 11th hour.

So asking why they didn't allow traders take their goods is a rhetorical question.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by olapluto(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Trouble looms in Lagos over alleged plans to demolish Ladipo market
BY PETER ANOSIKE ON OCTOBER 3, 2014 NATIONAL
The peace that reigns in Lagos State may soon be disturbed as over 5,000 traders at Ladipo auto spare parts market in the state have vowed to resist the alleged plan to demolish and reconstruct the market.

Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, the Chairman of Ladipo International Auto Spare Parts, Mushin, Mr. Kingsley Ogunor, said the claim by one developer that he had been given the mandate to demolish and re-construct the market was a lie.

He said that under the constitution of Lagos State, markets were under the jurisdiction of local governments, adding that there was no time the chairman of Mushin Local Government called members of executive of the market to inform them of any plan to demolish and re-construct the market.

He said, moreover, the land on which the market was located, was a subject of litigation between Mushin Local Government and the Awoyemi family, adding that the Lagos State House of Assembly was looking into the matter to ensure amicable resolution.

Ogunor wondered how a developer could claim that he had been given the mandate to demolish and re-construct the market, while the court had not ruled on the matter.

He appealed to Governor Babatunde Fashola and the state Commissioner of Police to call the developer to order, warning that going on with the ‘illegal act,’ could disrupt the current peace in the state.

He also urged the traders in the market and the members of the public not to fall into the trap of the so-called developer, who had already fixed the price of the shops and told people to pay without even moving to site.

Were they warned? YES
The traders even bragged that NOTHING could happen. Today, something don happen. These people get mouth like 'ajakara'- person wey dey chop kosai.

6 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by columbus007(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
I condemn these act,and I hate tribal sentiments,these thrashy statement abt you are ibo and he's Yoruba or hausa is very ungodly,don't forget this place isn't ours and nothing in this world actually belong to us,we are just here for the main time to live it,love it,and enjoy it,when its time for us to leave here we go with nothing,so people shld stop dragging and bragging and learn to love and accomodate one another.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by jamislaw(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Na only agbaje we know oo. Pls agbaje come and save ur addopted eastern fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
thewarrior72:

Bleep off smelly amala head cool

Ikenna, your brother 2 x 2 shop don go! cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by RedEagle: 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
People do not realize that Lagos' biggest advantages are its ports and historical advantage as a capital city.

Someone was suggesting a Lower-Niger Development Board, that would push for the development of Ports in the south-south and Industrial clusters in the south-south and south-east.

This would be part-funded by state-govts and private investors (of which we [SS/SE] have many). We must push push our govt officials to ensure that these things are done/

Then like the Israeli's did in the 50s, Igbos and Southern Minority tribes can move eastward/Southwards if they so choose.

The sad thing is the infrastructure eg 3MB that attracts people to Lagos was built with oil money from the Niger-Delta.

That said. every Nigerian should obey the just, reasonable and fair law of the areas they reside.

When it is time to get oil money & allocation you say "one Nigeria" after that you claim "son of the soil, omonile".

I believe in Nigeria but the systemic pressurization of minority tribes must be looked into and the country must be restructured.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by sparkleRed(f): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jealousy and hatred everywhere something dat should be discouraged some bastard re here mocking pple's sweat ha, may God not allow ur effort come crumbling down in a twinkle of an eye. embarassed

and am nt igbo

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by CSTR2: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by cozy7(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
westernhub:
alaba is next
This is an example of a "tribalistic sadist".

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Blitz888(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
IyaIode:
Good news, they can move to the lagoon

May this fate befall you and all who gloat at another mans misfortune in multiplied fold.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
I remember never wanting to leave the crocodile city (The place of my birth). But I had to and I dont ever regret moving to coal city the birth place of my Father. Honestly guys, come back home. You have to experience places in the SS and SE ( Calabar, Uyo, Ph, Warri,Enugu Asaba,Owerri etc). It is more fun and Liberal. Guys Just take the move you wont regret it.

In fact I cannot live anywhere else in Nigeria than the former eastern region. I believe the last election taught all of us in the SS/SE a lesson or two about our place in Nigeria. Within the first two weeks in office, the Cross rivers governor is already putting things in place to construct a seaport within the first four years. In Akwa Ibom, the government is currently building the Ibaka port. The same can be said of Bayelsa states where Brass LNG will kick off soon. I live and work in Enugu and I am having the fun of my life! Everywhere is near; you can decide within minutes to go sightseeing either to the mountains in Nnsuka/Northern Calabar or to the beach in Akwa ibom. You could decide within seconds on a friday to go snail eating in Yenogoa or Warri. You guys need to come back ASAP.

12 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by funkybully(f): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
At times I use to wonder what yorubas want from igbos. They rejoice when igbos are hurt.

U Ask them to go to their home, Yet when they agitate for biafra u start shaking nd cursing ur generation.

Can a yoruba with human sense tell me what they want?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by babestella: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Take your hustle to the east, is that too difficult to comprehend.

Better still chukwujimi is in apapa, cry to him.

But note this and note it well, a day is coming we will force you all to leave lagos.

Shut that cesspit you call mouth, this is how low you can go, what do you have, nothing I guess, you should be ashamed of your pathetic self. We wait the day you will make good your s1lly threat, but I know you don't have the slightest pound of liver. Coward.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
jascon1:
So so unfair. So inhumane!!! There are so many places in Lagos to develop. Let's not settle this nonsense with development plans, I strongly believe it is a move to hurt the igbos. But, then when u render all these families jobless n diminish their sources of livelihood, u would want to sleep cozy in Ur homes?? Is it so unfair. I lived in Lagos back in the late 70ies and 80ies, without the igbos Lagos won't have been what it is today. Let's stop this sheet. If there can't be a united Nigeria then, let each one go his way. What does this country stand on? We keep fooling ourselves. Some folks on here talking tribal. most Yoruba ppl here are not even Lagosians n they own no wheel in Lagos. If you send the igbos to the Lagoon, where do u reserve for yourselves? As a Lagosian I strongly condemn this vile act.
Even the politics is gettig too tribal. Hausamen are clearly spelling the difference between westerners and northerners.
If oil and water cannot mix, then separate it!!!!
Let them relocate their business to Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by RedEagle: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
People do not realize that Lagos' biggest advantages are its ports and historical advantage as a capital city.

Someone was suggesting a Lower-Niger Development Board, that would push for the development of Ports in the south-south and Industrial clusters in the south-south and south-east.

This would be part-funded by state-govts and private investors (of which we [SS/SE] have many). We must push push our govt officials to ensure that these things are done/

Then like the Israeli's did in the 50s, Igbos and Southern Minority tribes can move eastward/Southwards if they so choose.

The sad thing is the infrastructure eg 3MB that attracts people to Lagos was built with oil money (from the Niger-Delta).

That said all Ngerians must try to abide by the (reasonable, fair) law of thei areas of residence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu: Jamil Abubakar Impregnated Me & I Have A Son For Him / Bawo Daniel Emami Weds In Warri, Uses Money Spraying Gun / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.