Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:31 AM

The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) (30590 Views)

Man Drives Into Erosion Pit In Benin City / Truck Driver Parks On Ore-Ijebu Road To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Okada Man Washed Into A Canal By Heavy Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Uchemelvin2004(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
I'm a native of Nekede and this erosion was my project topic.I predicted that at the rate at which the erosion is spreading and the increasing sand mining activities,the road will definitely collapse.Sadly this is just the beginning
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Krinel(f): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
Imo in d hands of okorocha

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Whoa! This is serious. FG must as a matter of urgency come to their rescue and arrest the situation.
is d road a federal road?
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

This is beyond rachas fault, rather ask the federal government what ecological fund has been used for in the last 5 years
first, is d road in question a federal road or a state road? Second, is it states or FG that collects ecological fund?
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by lexy2014: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Not true...you're a very insincere and fraudulent man...Why generalize so that Rochas won't be exposed for the failure that he is...

Ekwulobia Umuchiana and even Nanka erosion site all began almost same time with this one...Leaders in those states went to work even in places where it fell on federal road...for which they sort refund later...

Next will be Okigwe road and others in Imo state while you and Rochas keep lying and looting the treasury...
your response sounds so emotional, as if u have a grudge against rochas. D guy was only trying 2 make a point which I don't c how he tried 2 cover up 4 rochas. He alSo talked about preventive measures like tree planting. What is fraudulent about that?
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by lexy2014: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
mandax:

Okorocha and his government people do not read papers, a government that has no established way to communicate with its citizens.

But you always attract public enmity trying to defend such a government. Why?

How could a responsible government excavate roads where people live in, and for four years refuse to conclude the work?
"But you always attract public enmity trying to defend such a government. Why?"

How did he defend such a government?
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by chrisbarns(m): 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
And Rochas is there talking grammar everywhere as if he is the spokes person of the univers.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Land of the rising scam

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Firefire(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Beremx:
hello good evening too. How are you doing? kiss

I am doing very well thank you.

I actually called you out because of your beloved Rochas Okorocha and the state of the mentioned road.

Any comment(s) ? tongue
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by ify84(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
It is not actually 'the only road' we can begin to pass pH road. But that's hard because the roads inside nekede is terrible...passing from number 4 that is water logged.

It's more annoying to know that the man representing owerri is from nekede old road, umugweze, close to my compound, yet... Nothing is being done.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Lobolintin(m): 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
My friends its Old Nekede not new Nekede
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Octaves(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
where is Mallam Ibrahim Okorocha. he should come and see his road. he's too busy selling out to the hausas.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by francizy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
The legacy of governor roch-ASS COCKROACHA and his trumpet blowing mama Owerri.. What a mess!

#spits!
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by scholes0(m): 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yevgeny:
Land of the rising scam

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Beremx(f): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Firefire:

I am doing very well thank you.

I actually called you out because of your beloved Rochas Okorocha and the state of the mentioned road.

Any comment(s) ? tongue
honestly,I didn't bother reading the original post. I just saw your mention and replied.

No comment actually. You can comment on my behalf. grin grin

*modified*
Firefire,I passed that road the last time I visited Owerri. I went to visit someone who lives in Nekede actually. The kind of gully I saw on that road really scared me. The road is very narrow and with the gully again,it is adeath trap. I am not surprised the road is on the verge of collapsiing. But I think the Op is talking of the old nekede road and not the new one. Two roads actually lead to Nekede. I hope am right sha.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by mandax: 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
Uchemelvin2004:
I'm a native of Nekede and this erosion was my project topic.I predicted that at the rate at which the erosion is spreading and the increasing sand mining activities,the road will definitely collapse.Sadly this is just the beginning

Pray the road be repaired, but you people from that axis of Imo cry a lot over things other parts of Imo state see and endure..

You needed to visit many other parts of Imo state to see worse situations.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by mandax: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yevgeny:
Land of the rising scam

Crude oil patriot, the mention of Biafra sends cold shivers into your spinal cord. You believe you can't survive without crude oil in the Nigerdelta.

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by 1miccza: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rochas is working,thought that was what some Imo indigenes said....
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by nagoma(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
They voted PDP
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by eaglechild: 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rochas is a monumental failure.

Virtually all the roads in Owerri are on the verge of failing.

Apart from Wetheral and perhaps Orlu,akanchawa roads all the other roads have one terribly bad spot or another.

World bank is a no go area now.

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Lildreezy(m): 12:00am On Jul 01, 2015
baralatie:
it is a state road not a federal road.
do ur research its a fed road
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by slap1(m): 2:32am On Jul 01, 2015
ify84:

It is not actually 'the only road' we can begin to pass pH road. But that's hard because the roads inside nekede is terrible...passing from number 4 that is water logged.

It's more annoying to know that the man representing owerri is from nekede old road, umugweze, close to my compound, yet... Nothing is being done.

That's why I said only "access road". There is also number 8 Bus Stop but those roads are in hellish conditions and could be an open field for robbers as early as 7 pm. If that Nekede road collapses, I may just start operating from my hometown.

I have no words for the "honourable member". I will post his name and pictures today. He can't hide while the people he represents suffer.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by October1960: 3:08am On Jul 01, 2015
Africa!!! With greedy thieving government officials and politicians. Is this a road?

Its okay. The politicians and top government officials spend most time overseas enjoying good roads and good governance they deny their fellow citizens.

Hope some.of the perm secs will bring looted money back home to fix the infrastructure.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by 400billionman: 4:30am On Jul 01, 2015
lunaticfringe:
Rochas okoroawusa you dey try oo... I feel so sorry for my imo brethren...

I wonder why boko prisoners were not taken to Imo state instead of anambra since Rochas likes attracting anything of northern origin.

3 Likes

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by xxgig(m): 5:46am On Jul 01, 2015
This is an ecological problem, if you go on shouting Rochas, u need to first ask yourself, how much has the state received under him from Ecological fund? That's one area the past FG should be probed on.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 01, 2015
My Igbo brothers will never cease to amaze me. ehy would you heap the failure of past federal government on a state government, because Imo state Government isn't in main stream "Igbo party"? That road in question belongs to the FG, train your insults on Jonathan.
And btw, this problem isn't peculiar to Imo state alone, roads are falling off everywhere in the east due to erosion, it's a general problem that needs a general fix.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by frankyychiji(f): 6:34am On Jul 01, 2015
slap1:

So because you see "biko", it means I'm actually begging for FP? Ever heard of the word "urgency"?

My intellectual works have made FP years back, so I'm not your regular OP running all over the forum.
Please ignore that fool abeg.
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by wordbank(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2015
The road dey like cheese wey rat chop remain
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by sweetgala(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Whoa! This is serious. FG must as a matter of urgency come to their rescue and arrest the situation.

FG, the state government need to do their job.

Who is the constituency representative of the Senate and HOR, they have a duty to bring this to the attention of the respective instigations rro fix this. It is time local governments are reduced and empowered.

Roads need to be decided into three types,

Local - LG
Regional - state
National- FG

That way everyone knows who is responsible for what. This is a shame the local government ought to know the state of the roads in their constituency even if it is not their duty to fund the repair. They ca n advocate for its repair
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2015
lexy2014:
your response sounds so emotional, as if u have a grudge against rochas. D guy was only trying 2 make a point which I don't c how he tried 2 cover up 4 rochas. He alSo talked about preventive measures like tree planting. What is fraudulent about that?

Sorry boss, I am replying him based on realities on ground...The guy I reprimanded has history with rochas and has tagged others who stand against his candidacy as enemies of his 2nd term and his presidential ambition and also from anambra(what childish sentiment; does where I come from have anything in common with the truth and facts?)...check his profile to see him opening childish threads with regard to this...

Personally, I love Rochas as a philanthropist but not as a leader...he's a failure in the latter using lies and selfish propaganda to swindle the masses...Confirm with facts on ground bro...thanks

1 Like

Re: The Only Access Road To Nekede(Owerri)Will Soon Be Washed Away By Erosion (pics) by awa(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
And Rochas is busy working May God help our leaders...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses / Trailer Falls On A Police Van In Lagos (photos) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.