Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. (5809 Views)

Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Why Are They Converting To Islam:tom Cruise Ice Cube, Snoop, Riberybusta Rhymes / What Is The Nation Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by gombos: 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2009
Snoop Dogg has revealed he has joined the Nation of Islam after appearing at the religious group's annual Saviours' Day event in Chicago.

The rapper, who described himself as the "leader of the hip-hop community", told followers he would share what he learned with other musicians.

He told reporters that he joined the group because he was "doing what's right and representing what's right".

It preaches self-reliance for black people within an Islamic framework.

At Sunday's event, the rapper sat on stage while Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan gave a speech.

I live how I'm supposed to live as far as doing what's right and representing what's right - that's why I was here today

Snoop Dogg

He said afterwards that listening to the speech from Mr Farrakhan was "about a mirror - it's about looking at yourself".

He added: "We're doing a lot of wrongs among ourselves that need correcting."

When asked if he had joined the movement he said: "I'm already in the Nation, that's why I'm here.

"I'm an advocate for peace, I've been in the peace movement ever since I've been making music.

"My whole thing is not about really trying to push my thing on you.

"It's just about the way I live, and I live how I'm supposed to live as far as doing what's right and representing what's right - that's why I was here today."

He would not say when he had joined the Nation of Islam.

Other rappers previously involved with the movement include NWA star-turned-actor Ice Cube
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Mustay(m): 12:50am On Mar 03, 2009
The Nation of Islam as a body and Islam as a way of life are two different variables. Have you seen Busta Rhymes "I live my life according to Islam" interview?
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:33am On Mar 03, 2009
No i havent seen it where can i check it out.

The nation of islam doesnt actually represent the orthodox islam but people that join tend to somehow deiscover the real islam. Lets hope this artist move a step closer inshallah!!!
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by muhsin(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2009
Well said, Lagosboy. Wish him the best.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by morpheus24: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
Mustay:

The Nation of Islam as a body and Islam as a way of life are two different variables. Have you seen Busta Rhymes "I live my life according to Islam" interview?

I would join them too cause they make good body guards.

THe nation of islam is a cult of hidden black supremacists and if they use Islam as a framework then thats bad for anyone who associates with them.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by MrCrackles(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
Uhmm, OK! cheesy
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Mustay(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2009
Bobo eko
just type in the search box "Busta rhymes accepts Islam " on youtube for the video.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2009
[size=13pt]". . .And the Christian are so Jealous about it"- shocked[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by olanajim(m): 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2009
Can this be true?
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
[size=13pt]and then. . .if really its true then okey!,why all the Grumbling? angry[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Horus(m): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2009

Fard Muhammad
(Fake God)

Fard is a Fake God. The N.O.I. (Nation of Islam) teaches that their God, Master Fard Muhammad (aka W.D. Fard), is a half-original man. As you can see from this photo, this man is not a dark brown-skinned, or even a light brown-skinned, woolly haired person. You are looking at a Canaanite with straight hair. This is by far, not one of you, the original seed.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by focused123(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
The Saudis regard the nation of Islam as a butt of joke and kufir
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by MrCrackles(m): 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2009
focused123:

The Saudis regard the nation of Islam as a butt of joke and kufir
I think so too. . . But then who are the Saudi's to dictate or endorse how Islam should be to the rest of the world?
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by muhsin(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles,

Nation of Islam has little or nothing to do with true Islam. Will inshaAllah get that explained to you when I get back.

Hence Saudis are right.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by 2boy5: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
muhsin:

MrCrackles,

Nation of Islam has little or nothing to do with true Islam. Will inshaAllah get that explained to you when I get back.

Hence Saudis are right.

brother! Whenever Islamic issues are discuss, Holy Quaran and Haddith are supposed to refer to and not what the saudi think or said.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by MrCrackles(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
2boy5:

brother! Whenever Islamic issues are discuss, Holy Quaran and Haddith are supposed to refer to and not what the saudi think or said.
Exactly what i was thinking. . .
Saudis dont have any right to run the rule over Islam
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Abuzola11(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
focused123:

@Muhsin :

The Saudis are very very racist. They looked down on the nation of Islam because it is a predominately a black group. The Arabs have no respect for black people whatsoever.

Bilal who the islamist use as an examplar to convert black especially in the US was despised by the haughty Quraysh tribe.

keep quiet make we hear wordzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Abuzola11(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
:112

: Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by focused123(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

keep quiet make we hear wordzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Silly beast. Malu.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Abuzola11(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thank u
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Exactly what i was thinking. . .
Saudis dont have any right to run the rule over Islam

are you sure you're a muslim?

You're so confused and besides you cant live without the swear words you were raised with.

Bleep, f.cuk, fukcing, etc. You know the drill.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2010
[size=13pt]Woooooow-- didn't know this topic is still existing somewhere in the religion section , been searching for it some couple of months ego and wasn't able to find it until now i stumble across it . . . . smiley[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by GODSON2009(m): 12:59am On Mar 16, 2010
na wa for you muslims o,so you are over the moon because snoop in his marijuana induced haze accepted islam.anyway i dont blame you gys really at the rate people are converting you prolly need all the help you can get
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
[size=13pt]Jealousy kill all christians---- grin grin .see this one have start complaining in the wrong time , man its too late . wink[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by GODSON2009(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Jealousy kill all christians---- grin grin .see this one have start complaining in the wrong time , man its too late . wink[/size]
are you for real??jelousy that snoop dogg is a muslim even though i am not resident in the united states,my one or two trips there and attending pentecostal churches in texas is enough to tell me that christianity in one state talk less of america wont miss 10 snoop doggs including every fan he has
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:19am On Mar 17, 2010
[size=13pt]but you've just exposed your inner feelings on how snoopy doggy dog of all dog's became a muslim. . . .SNOOP DOGG is my MAN on myspace and rightway , iw send him a messege you' wanna-- ?? , i mean , you have been boasting and hitting your chest you can be able to catch his bullet. . . cheesy grin.

gimme a munite. . .iw return back to you. wink
[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by btlasisi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ GODSON2009,
na wa for you muslims o,so you are over the moon because snoop in his marijuana induced haze accepted islam.anyway i dont blame you gys really at the rate people are converting you prolly need all the help you can get

It is clear from all your posts i have been folowing that you are simply an Islam hater. I have read a lot of posts on the xtianity thread of this Nairaland and discovered that you have not made any meaningfull contribution to the faith you implied to be propagating even when crucial issues are raised on the foundation of that faith.
Here is my advise to you: However you display hatred for Islam, it will continue to grow and attract genuine truth-seekers. Start to see Islam as a good religion and don't use the actions of few disgrunted elements in Islam as a yard stick to judge Islam, else you will be hunted for life by your own hatred on what you can not change.
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
[size=13pt]The very TRUE TALK. . . . cool[/size]
btlasisi:

It is clear from all your posts i have been folowing that you are simply an Islam hater. I have read a lot of posts on the xtianity thread of this Nairaland and discovered that you have not made any meaningfull contribution to the faith you implied to be propagating even when crucial issues are raised on the foundation of that faith.
Here is my advise to you: However you display hatred for Islam, it will continue to grow and attract genuine truth-seekers. Start to see Islam as a good religion and don't use the actions of few disgrunted elements in Islam as a yard stick to judge Islam, else you will be hunted for life by your own hatred on what you can not change.

Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by GODSON2009(m): 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
btlasisi:

hallo sire,first of all i am not an islam hater but i am an hater of falsehood, and contradictions of any sort,so if this and more applies to islam then you can call me an islam hater.
rather than asking me to see islam as a good religion,i will advice you to justify the inherent contradictions,intolerance gender inequality e.t.c in islam including the islamic extremist/martyrs which islam justifies then i will start to see islam as a good religion.
dont blame me if i dont go near a religion that teaches its adherents to cut off my finger tips and behead me because i am a christian,its like telling me to stick my head in the mouth of a saltwater crocodile in faith.
and by the the few disgruntled elements in islam are not that few,because they got their justifications from islam and millions of muslims actually subscribe to these views,hunted for life??so it has come to threats looool
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by GODSON2009(m): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]but you've just exposed your inner feelings on how snoopy canine dog of all dog's became a muslim. . . .SNOOP DOGG is my MAN on myspace and rightway , iw send him a messege you' wanna-- ?? , i mean , you have been boasting and hitting your chest you can be able to catch his bullet. . . cheesy grin.

gimme a munite. . .iw return back to you. wink
[/size]
i cant or wont catch his bullet because im not a proponent of violence,but i am sure he will be right at home with the likes of al zahawari,bin ladin and the rest of the islamic world e.t.c
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Teee heee heee now that is bullet case you're running away . it's pretty funny enough the blood of JESUS won't save you from physical weapon--- well , you may be right . Snoopy my man is now enjoying himself in hell with his new colleagues and that's how it suppose to be .

Now , you see each day christians convert from their religion to another because at every end they notice Christianity is wasting of time and enslavement of self desire . I was a victim of this same so-called christian religion but Thanks to SATAN i've found my realself.
[/size]
Re: Snoop Dogg Joins Nation Of Islam. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2010
Ogaga whats ur joy? Hes now a muslim not a satanist.He still believes in God&not Satan

Christians (evangelism) And Their Deceptions / Muhammad Ali's Advice To His Daughter / The Concept Of Infallibility (isma)!