Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack (50077 Views)

Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? / This Post Is Tearing Twitter Apart / President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Setaje(f): 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
lagat09:
May God help us. I just pray this never have its way into our Constitution.
cry
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
lagat09:
May God help us. I just pray this never have its way into our Constitution.
cry
This is the gentiles time... if you know what that means you won't pray such a prayer rather you had rejoice and sings for joy
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Some time ago Elton john and his gay partner adopted a son which a real woman gave birth to. Now why can't he(Elton) himself conceive and bring forth a child? Same thing is happening amongst gay couples all over the world,they go about looking for kids to adopt. If normal couples didn't give birth would they find kids to adopt? Whenever gay couples make up their minds to be together,they should not even bother adopting,how will the child introduce his or her parents? Mummy and daddy,or daddy and daddy? ori gbogbo yin ti daru

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:
A very big mtchewww I tell you.

Mugabe definitely is the worst leader in Africa with the economy of Zimbabwe in tatters, yet he still finds time for mundane adventures such as meddling in the purely domestic affairs of his betters. And Nigerians in their usual manner applaud him.

When would Nigerians tear twitter apart over ritual killings and corruption ripping the nation apart??

Hypocrites.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by PMIcon(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:
I wish them every happiness grin

On a more serious note....Obama did not legalize gay marriage.

What happened was that some years ago, two gay men who lived in the US state of Ohio(which at the time did not recognize gay marriage)...got married in the State of Maryland (which did).

When one of the men died back home in Ohio...his husband applied to be listed on the death certificate as his spouse.

The State refused...hence Oberfegell vs Kasich. (Oberfegell is the husband of the dead man, Kasich is the governor of Ohio State).

The Supreme Court...in a majority decision...found that the American Constitution's intent is to provide every American with dignity...hence if gay marriage helped provide that dignity.....then gay marriage is legal under the Constitution.(That is a rough way of looking at it.A nearly similar decision was made in 1973 by the then Supremes legalizing abortion....Roe vs Wade.).

Hence...gay marriage is now legal. Obama did nothing(though he obviously is not opposed). If he was opposed...there is nothing he can do...save propose an amendment to the Constitution making gay marriage illegal.....which is a long and complex process...and which may not succeed.

When they legalize beastiality, suicide, armed robbery etc I will know they are serious.
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Slipknot(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Mugabe definitely is the worst leader in Africa with the economy of Zimbabwe in tatters, yet he still finds time for mundane adventures such as meddling in the purely domestic affairs of his betters. And Nigerians in their usual manner applaud him.

When would Nigerians tear twitter apart over ritual killings and corruption ripping the nation apart??

Hypocrites.

do u even understand what the topic is all about? did u even read it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
neocortex:

it is a fact that Obama openly canvasses for gay marriage.
He made it one of his election campaign promises and I am sure
he is the most happiest person on earth because of the US supreme
court verdict.

For your information legalized gay marriage prior to this ruling which enforces in all US states.
I am sure Obama did "everything" to ensure that ruling.

No Obama did not need to do anything special.

1)The Supreme Court has four liberal judges...who are progay marriage...and four conservative...who are anti. The last judge....Anthony Kennedy...is a conservative....who sided with the liberals for this ruling.

2.Secondly.....Obama cannot influence the ruling of the court. If he did that....it is impeachment for him straight.

3.The US is a Federal Republic. Even if Obama got a gay law signed....it still has to be approved by the States....and the states can say no to the law by right.(A Constitutional Amendment may make the process go easy..either for a progay or antigay marriage law...but they are notoriously hard to get.). The Supreme court ruling makes that unnecessary.(Infact one critique of the American Supreme Court is that sometimes they are prone to making laws from the bench....and this ruling has been cited by opponents of the bill as one of those times. But that is another very long and complex discussion).

4.What the Supreme Court did was to find that the American Constitution supports the rights of every citizen to a dignified life. And as such, gay marriage...in the eyes of the five judges who ruled in favour....helps gay Americans get that dignity.(That's a rough way of putting it....the legal opinions of each judge are available online apparently.).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Ranchhoddas: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

What happened was that some years ago, two gay men who lived in the US state of Ohio(which at the time did not recognize gay marriage)...got married in the State of Maryland (which did).

When one of the men died back home in Ohio...his husband applied to be listed on the death certificate as his spouse.

The State refused...hence Oberfegell vs Kasich. (Oberfegell is the husband of the dead man, Kasich is the governor of Ohio State).

The Supreme Court...in a majority decision...found that the American Constitution's intent is to provide every American with dignity...hence if gay marriage helped provide that dignity.....then gay marriage is legal under the Constitution.(That is a rough way of looking at it.A nearly similar decision was made in 1973 by the then Supremes legalizing abortion....Roe vs Wade.).

Hence...gay marriage is now legal. Obama did nothing(though he obviously is not opposed). If he was opposed...there is nothing he can do...save propose an amendment to the Constitution making gay marriage illegal.....which is a long and complex process...and which may not succeed.
I am tired of telling people this thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
UNLIKE POLES ATTRACT LIKE POLES REPEL. This law speaks volume not only in physics
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by chika29: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lol.lwkm.come 2tink of it on a serious note.anythg dat happens in d US always hv a chain reactions on most countries of d world.so if obama is celebrating same sex law den he be ready 2marry anoda man $dats Mugabe.lolGod save dearth frm damnation
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
PMIcon:

When they legalize beastiality, suicide, armed robbery etc I will know they are serious.

Re beastiality.....under American law...and indeed any law...an animal cannot validly give consent to anything.,or have consent made on its behalf. So...the chances of an American court legalizing beastiality are nil.

Suicide is still a crime on the books.However....legalizing suicide for chronically ill people ....that's a long discussion.(Legal in some American states..eg Oregon)

Armed robbery harms another man's dignity....so no way! wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by kayalcomp: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hillarious! Mugabe will be husband , Obama will be the wife. Mugabe and Obama will be First Man and First Lady respectively. What a double honour!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by walerule(m): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Mugabe definitely is the worst leader in Africa with the economy of Zimbabwe in tatters, yet he still finds time for mundane adventures such as meddling in the purely domestic affairs of his betters. And Nigerians in their usual manner applaud him.bros I dey suspect u,u be gay?

Hypocrites.
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by davien(m): 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigerians on Twitter didn't go on a rampage with all the rape cases going on, it's two full grown adults in a consensual relationship that's a problem...

Nigerians are big time hypocrites...

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by davien(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
siraj1402:
Nice
Using your logic,a picture of an extended ladder offers another view... grin

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Hypocrites.
your a very stupid homosexual.
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by davien(m): 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
Chisom460:
your a very stupid homosexual.
How did supporting right to a sexual orientation make him a homosexual....if I support the poor does that make me poor too....try employing critical thinking...just try..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by M4gunners: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Hypocrites.
When it is time for economy matter bring it up . For now we are talking about Gays and marriage. Unless you want to tell us you are supporting it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Rajjah(f): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
From physics:- Like charges repel while unlike charges attract.... Rationally :- Male + Female = YES Male +Male = HELL NO Female +Male =Yes Female +Female = HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by ygoga(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The State refused...hence Oberfegell vs Kasich(at the lower courts) and v Hodges (at the Supreme). (Oberfegell is the husband of the dead man, Kasich is the governor of Ohio State.Hodges is the Director of the Ohio Dept of Health..a position analogous to our States Commissioner for Health in Nigeria)..

Modified: More details of the infamous or famous case here..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges.
on their own o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by ginggerxy: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Hypocrites.
bro please i mean no harm its jst a yes or no question. are you gay?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by lagcity(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
I shake my head anytime I see MUGABE, a hero turned villain. That nicca should have left after a few years in office. What a sad case. African leader sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The State refused...hence Oberfegell vs Kasich(at the lower courts) and v Hodges (at the Supreme). (Oberfegell is the husband of the dead man, Kasich is the governor of Ohio State.Hodges is the Director of the Ohio Dept of Health..a position analogous to our States Commissioner for Health in Nigeria)..

Modified: More details of the infamous or famous case here..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges.
_
Thank you jare!!! You're a better man than me to have taken the time to educate these illiterates

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by ceejay80s(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Hypocrites.
After reading ur post, I decided to crown u a naija gay
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by PMIcon(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Re beastiality.....under American law...and indeed any law...an animal cannot validly give consent to anything.,or have consent made on its behalf. So...the chances of an American court legalizing beastiality are nil.

Suicide is still a crime on the books.However....legalizing suicide for chronically ill people ....that's a long discussion.(Legal in some American states..eg Oregon)

Armed robbery harms another man's dignity....so no way! wink

It's not dignity it is what is PERCEIVED as dignity- and we have seen a lot of changes in this over the years. Law is never fair.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by criuze(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
American empire has insulted the universe

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by sleemchoko(m): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
omenka:

Hypocrites.
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by omooba969(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Wanna know the Truth? They are not christains they are impostor like your useless Allah.That you call your dog a goat does not make it a goat... they calling Allah the Almighty God does not make him The Almighty God.Albeit,Let it be Known to you that your useless Allah will be judged by the one and only true God YAHWEH.

Bros take am easy o & pls show some respect, on no account must u launch @other people's belief cos being tolerant is d way to go.

Abeg take a chill pill wit cold water biko. undecided

FYI, am a xtian.

Bye
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by omooba969(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
ginggerxy:
bro please i mean no harm its jst a yes or no question. are you gay?

Wot if he's gay, wotz wrong wit being gay?
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by Danielclinton: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
Bad combination
Re: Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack by omooba969(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
davien:
Nigerians on Twitter didn't go on a rampage with all the rape cases going on, it's two full grown adults in a consensual relationship that's a problem...

Nigerians are big time hypocrites...

grin we are unique!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded / List Of Buhari's Critics Who Have Died Within 8 Months - Sahara Reporters / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.