Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Polls Reveal Support For Homosexual Rights Increase In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls Reveal Support For Homosexual Rights Increase In Nigeria (463 Views)

Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Abandoned N449m: Suspect In EFCC Custody, Threatens To Reveal Owner If… / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Polls Reveal Support For Homosexual Rights Increase In Nigeria by OsilamaPN(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
NOIPolls, on Tuesday, revealed that Nigerian support for the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Law signed by Former President Goodluck Jonathan in January 2014 has reduced by 5%.

A NOIPolls survey conducted in partnership with The Initiative for Equal Rights, TIERs, and the Bisi Alimi Foundation to measure the perception of Nigerians towards the Lesbian, Gay and Bi-sexual, LGB, community revealed that 87% of Nigerian adults support Anti-Same Sex Marriage law as opposed to a 2013 survey where the figure was 92%.

Other findings from the polls showed that despite the fact 81% “do NOT believe homosexuals should have the same rights as other Nigerians,” some 30% of Nigerians still “agree that homosexuals should be given equal rights to access public services such as healthcare, housing and education.”

15% however believe homosexuals should have equal rights as other Nigerians.

The results also that 9 out of 10 Nigerians, 90%, do not believe that people are born as homosexuals, opining that being “gay is a quality that is acquired through life’s experiences.”

Similarly, 87% of those interviewed stated that they would not be willing to accept a family member that is homosexual; although 11% showed willingness to accept a gay family member.

Further analysis revealed that a larger proportion of adult females (13%) are more willing to accept a homosexual family member than adult males (10%).

This new result is coming on the heels of... READ MORE: http://www.post-nigeria.com/support-for-homosexual-rights-increases-in-nigeria/
Re: Polls Reveal Support For Homosexual Rights Increase In Nigeria by natas22: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thunder go fire them nonsense.
www.
Re: Polls Reveal Support For Homosexual Rights Increase In Nigeria by LoveMachine(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
With all the problems that affect the majority why do they continue to focus on an overly represented minority? US has outlawed polygamy but somehow this needs to be forced into everyone's face? Children are starving and being blown to bits but I should be worried about men hugging men? 8 trillion is missing from the pentagon but they dare speak of Nigerian corruption? Black people are continuously slaughtered and marginalized but yet and still I should cry for a group of people who continue to practice a lifestyle that is opposing to my life and furthermore a people who by and large discriminate against people who look jut like me? They must think I believe in the White Jesus poison of turning the other cheek and joining hands with my would be assailants and saboteurs. NO CHANCE!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

a / PDP, Refrain From 'I Told You So' Politics. / Buhari Promises To Protect Local Manufacturers Against “unfair” Foreign Competit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.