Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:04 PM

My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN (665 Views)

PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard / My Sordid Experience As A Female Lawyer Job Hunting. / How I Got A Fake Job Appointment - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by damiloladuke: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
I can remember
being so broke at a
point in my life I
never knew I would
live to see the
coming years. It
was a very rough
time for me and not
that I am okay
presently as I desire
but I never pray to
ever be taken back to that time. I had actually gone through a lot of brokenness,
most especially as an undergraduate, but this one was on EasyBlaze, it was faster
than me and I could not meet up with the basic things of life.

Being broke sometimes is actually part of being a student, but mine was different
as sometimes I would have to eat Eba as breakfast and not with stew, but with
beans I bought from the food vendor. To make it last, I would make the Eba so
much so as to sustain me till the following day. Once the Eba was on ground,
getting the beans wasn't much of an issue. I could always get that on credit and
promised the woman to pay the following day, but that would be the last time she
would see me for that week. I had seven vendors I worked with then, and I would
always rotate my patronage from then on credit.

When I buy from Iya Yodi on Monday, she would be of the opinion I had gone on
Hajj as I would nowhere to be found for the rest of the week. Same thing applies
to Basic, Iya Rafia, Eat n Bellefool, Standard, Iya Sultan and Mama Agba. They all
knew me as a loyal, credit man. But you know what, they loved me because I was
so young and cute they just took me as their kid.
I was this kind of Independent student then. I never always wanted to bother my
peepz at home. Though my monthly allowance was always regular, kudos to Baba
Sanya for that, but you know now. It would never be enough for you as a student.

At a point, I began to go about with my special spoon anytime I wanna visit a
friend. They know me, I had this kind of soft knock. So when they suspected I was
the one at the door. They hid whatever meal they had. I remember visiting Wale at
a time and he had hid his meal under his bed, totally forgotten about Kuku, the cat
he had as pet. It was so unfortunate for him that Kuku was right under the bed
when he hid his meal. We gisted for some time and when I noticed he had
nothing, I left. He later confessed to me in school how his pet had eaten the food
he hid from me.

This never disturbed my Academic performance, I wondered how I was able to
cope. But I just always passed without having a CO throughout my stay on
campus and I left with a 2.1.

I got a turn around eventually when I began organizing tutorials for kids in
Secondary and Primary schools. And it was a very good decision I made then as
the kids in the area made me their mentor and always looked up to me for both
moral and financial assistance. They all called me Uncle SY, not even realizing I
was just some few years older than majority of them.

School was fun and I will still be letting you guys know about I got tear gased in
my first ALUTA EXPERIENCE on Campus, and My Soujourn to FUTA in search of
true love.

LOVE YOU ALL.

READ ON HOW I PRANKED THE GIRL WHO WANTED TO CHOP MY MONEY www.wenogetjob.com
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by axiliborha(f): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
H
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
cheesy
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin cheesy wink smiley angry sad cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry..
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
axiliborha:
H
Oya reply
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by tbmas(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dis is small... Atleast u can buy beans
Re: My Worst Experience As A Broke Arss Student - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by donholy28(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Oga... ur brokeness don almost turn u to a hungry beggar pest.

(1) (Reply)

Heritage Circle Sales Job / Latest Job Offer!!! Apply Now!!! / Vacancy For An Executive Officer To A Ceo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.