Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Please Review My Personal Website - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Review My Personal Website (6126 Views)

Please Review My Price comparison engine / please review my small python(django) web app / How I Created My Personal Website Ground Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Review My Personal Website by hisabimbola(m): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Great job, let's see on Monday in amity. grin
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 7:11am On Jul 12, 2015
hisabimbola:
Great job, let's see on Monday in amity. grin
Are you a fellow?
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Jeffflo: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whoop! MetalWorks LLC is offering a PRICE SLASH ON all WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT JOBS for prospective and existing customers. What does this mean for me you ask? Right you are. What is means is that from the beginning of this month, your photography blogs, e-commerce sites, fora et.al may all be set up with the minimum of fuss with our crack team of programmers. As additional incentive, the option of PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS is available upon agreement. Great huh? Of course you think so, you bargain-hunter you. So yeah, call Toby on 07033503357 to set up your free consultation today. You'll be glad you did.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by hisabimbola(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Are you a fellow?
yeah
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 1:37am On Jul 13, 2015
hisabimbola:
yeah
Imagine oo. Which of the bootcamp classes did you participate in? I'm still in bootcamp (class X to be precise) and we are trained at the main campus for the time being.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by hisabimbola(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Imagine oo. Which of the bootcamp classes did you participate in? I'm still in bootcamp (class X to be precise) and we are trained at the main campus for the time being.

Nice, do you know the other office? I work from there, ask of me if you can come

Sure things are going well in bootcamp
have fun
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 13, 2015
That is the life people, i too wish to be in a bootcamp. . . .but where i dey na like army cantonment!
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2015
dhtml18:
That is the life people, i too wish to be in a bootcamp. . . .but where i dey na like army cantonment!

As a teacher or student?
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2015
^^^As a coder. . . . .working at hyperspeed (as usual)
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by DAvIt0(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^As a coder. . . . .working at hyperspeed (as usual)

That should be better for you na.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Craigston: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Did you pay to join the bootcamp? Where I stay (PH) I can't find any. I wish to be somewhere like that growing my brain in something good.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Craigston:
Did you pay to join the bootcamp? Where I stay (PH) I can't find any. I wish to be somewhere like that growing my brain in something good.
it's andela ,free and they'd place you in a company after some time, but I guess it's only in Lagos https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/69943#.VafBOV2t-o8?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7686410064
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nairalander01: 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jregz:

it's andela ,free and they'd place you in a company after some time, but I guess it's only in Lagos https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/69943#.VafBOV2t-o8?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7686410064

I visited the link above and there's an ongoing registration(ends on 19th of next month) and I guess that's not the one blueyegeek is currently on.

How many times do they have these boot camps.

After applying, how do they conduct their interview: Oral or written. Online or offline??

I don't stay in Lagos but I'll like to attend the next boot camp, I really need tips on what to expect at interview and bootcamp proper.

Cc
dhtml18
blueyedgeek
Jregz
Everybody cool
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Nairalander01:

I visited the link above and there's an ongoing registration(ends on 19th of next month) and I guess that's not the one blueyegeek is currently on.
It's actually 19th of this month bro and you are right, mine just ended.

How many times do they have these boot camps.
It comes up every month.

After applying, how do they conduct their interview: Oral or written. Online or offline??
The interview is like 3 stages, first a profile assessment is done online and then you have to take an online test on html, css and Javascript and if you scale through, you are invited for a sit down chat/one-to-one interview (more like a chat for me though) and after that you are invited for bootcamp.

I don't stay in Lagos but I'll like to attend the next boot camp, I really need tips on what to expect at interview and bootcamp proper.
In the bootcamp that just ended, we had like two guys who weren't staying in Lagos but still found a way to attend so trust me when I say it's really worth it. This ten days has really changed the way I think and impacted me a lot. Andela is not a job, it is a mission to bring Africa to the forefront, it's a mission of true change (not all those campaign versions)

2 Likes

Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Craigston: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
How was your experience at Andela, blueeyedgeek?
Unfortunately I can't make it. Talk of school, some work and others. But if it this mission will continue in the future, I may be sure to join. I like such investments that add values to me.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Santa maria! Andela. . . . .tres important!
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Icecream4U(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
blueyedgeek:
were you in the python class or javascript class?
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Icecream4U:
were you in the python class or javascript class?
Javascript
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 18, 2015
^^^No wonder you are now so good with JavaScript! You have become a JavaScript authority yourself. . . .
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^No wonder you are now so good with JavaScript! You have become a JavaScript authority yourself. . . .
Now that is what we call bo-bo-ing of the highest order. I am no authority on Javascript, that is left for guys like Douglas Crockford, John Resig and Brendan Eich. I am still a novice bro. I still look up to you sef as per se na you be oga.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2015
^^^I dont really know much o - I AM JUST GOOD AT RUNNING MY BIG MOUTH!!
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by DAvIt0(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:

Iro-oooooooooooo
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Craigston: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:
If oga dey talk dis one, wetin ah go talk? Maybe we'll just give up na.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nairalander01: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
blueyedgeek:
It's actually 19th of this month bro and you are right, mine just ended.
I was thinking we were still in June
blueyedgeek:

It comes up every month.
Good to know. I hope to apply for the September edition then cool

blueyedgeek:

The interview is like 3 stages, first a profile assessment is done online and then you have to take an online test on html, css and Javascript and if you scale through, you are invited for a sit down chat/one-to-one interview (more like a chat for me though) and after that you are invited for bootcamp.
At what stage of the interview do get to tested based on the home study materials provided??

blueyedgeek:

In the bootcamp that just ended, we had like two guys who weren't staying in Lagos but still found a way to attend so trust me when I say it's really worth it. This ten days has really changed the way I think and impacted me a lot. Andela is not a job, it is a mission to bring Africa to the forefront, it's a mission of true change (not all those campaign versions)
That's great. After the bootcamp whats their criteria for selecting those who would undergo the 4 years paid training??. Is there anything like an exam done at the end of the bootcamp??
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by qstar(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:
Santa maria! Andela. . . . .tres important!

Baba na. I hail o!

Please, i have a little ish.

How do i change "a text url" like this www.nairaland.com to "click here"
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by blueyedgeek(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Nairalander01:

I was thinking we were still in June

Good to know. I hope to apply for the September edition then cool

Please do.

At what stage of the interview do get to tested based on the home study materials provided??
They might or might not ask questions based on the homestudy materials but during bootcamp, you'll surely be tested as you have to improve upon that knowledge.

That's great. After the bootcamp whats their criteria for selecting those who would undergo the 4 years paid training??. Is there anything like an exam done at the end of the bootcamp??
Everyone does a final project and has to present and defend their given project. After that, there is another round of interview done but this is mainly to ascertain your availability for the four years program. It's all cool though.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2015
qstar:

Baba na. I hail o!

Please, i have a little ish.

How do i change "a text url" like this www.nairaland.com to "click here"

You mean to ehm click here - quote this message to see how i wrote it.
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by qstar(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:

You mean to ehm click here - quote this message to see how i wrote it.

Thanks. Seen. Learnt

Like this: click here
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Excellent. . .i was tempted to teach you some other nairaland trick, but it might get you banned
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by JavaPrince1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:
Excellent. . .i was tempted to teach you some other nairaland trick, but it might get you banned
Big boss dhtml18 you have been outa here for a while now.
Were hav e you been since n0w?
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nairalander01: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Thanks for your time cool
Re: Please Review My Personal Website by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 22, 2015
JavaPrince1:

Big boss dhtml18 you have been outa here for a while now.
Were hav e you been since n0w?
Fighting to keep the roof over my head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learn Java EE With Me / Where Can I Learn Programming In Ibadan? / Cost & Requirements Of Setting Up A Software Productn Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.