Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

The Financially Virtuous Woman. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Financially Virtuous Woman. (3050 Views)

7 Tips To Help First-time Parents Prepare Financially For A Newborn / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / A True Mother/virtuous Woman (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by 5minsmadness: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2015
dangotesmummy:
yes you're right. Sweet corn and corned beef. So what's the question again
Question answered. It has never crossed mind to try that combo. Will definitely try it out.
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by dangotesmummy: 11:06am On Jul 01, 2015
smiley

but don't eat it every time o except you burn it off with exercise
5minsmadness:

Question answered. It has never crossed mind to try that combo. Will definitely try it out.
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by akaglue(f): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
The purpose of this thread is to encourage women to be financially independent.

- The aspect of the Proverbs 31 woman I wrote about is the industrious woman. The financially diligent woman.

- It is a wake up call to all woman to stand up and be financially independent. We keep hearing stories of how a man left a woman, or died or maybe lost his job, and the family is left in penury.

-We should learn from the mistakes of others and be industrious too.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by Stillfire: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
akaglue:
The purpose of this thread is to encourage women to be financially independent.

- The aspect of the Proverbs 31 woman I wrote about is the industrious woman. The financially diligent woman.

- It is a wake up call to all woman to stand up and be financially independent. We keep hearing stories of how a man left a woman, or died or maybe lost his job, and the family is left in penury.

-We should learn from the mistakes of others and be industrious too.

Thank you.

Akaglue, I often hear Nigerian women say 'his money is our money and my money is my money'. What do you think about that?

1 Like

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by funlord(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
grin
I never knew "dangotes HARLOT" was also on NL?

2 Likes

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by akaglue(f): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Stillfire:

Akaglue, I often hear Nigerian women say 'his money is our money and my money is my money'. What do you think about that?

Well, I am not a marriage counselor and whatever works for the family. But then , as a woman, I encourage financial independency. Do not rely on your husband 100% , support him in what ever way. Even if you are not earning income, be prudent and financially wise and not be a waster.

2 Likes

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by bukatyne(f): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
lilmax:
When bad, sinful, unethical, vile, wicked,lazy women speak cheesy grin

Bu.katyn.e is a virtuous woman non existent? cheesy

Thank you for the compliment cheesy
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by bukatyne(f): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
dangotesmummy:
you can bet the dheek whipped women are on their way. grin

The same people hailing bukatyne today are the same people that will beat her blue Black or rather have been beating her till she takes off grin

just a little more patience. Team I like my husband slapping me are on their way grin

Let me serve the breakfast before their arrival grin

You are not serious grin
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by bukatyne(f): 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
dangotesmummy:
I'm not a virtous woman and I don't plan to be

an imperfect man and woman produced me so I can't be one

.by the way I see bukatyne aka bukky in the building grin

That lady is beautiful in that picture

1 Like

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by bukatyne(f): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
akaglue:
In the Christian circle, so much is said about the Proverbs 31 woman. She is a true model to be emulated by women, wives and mothers. One aspect of her that was highly praised by Solomon was her industrious and diligent nature.

The proverbs 31 woman adds value to her home, she is financially wise and responsible. She has the best intentions and helps her family to attain their financial goal. She sees a business opportunities and takes advantage of it so as to contribute positively to the welfare of the family.

The husband of a Proverbs 31 woman feels safe and trusts her, he has no need for spoil, meaning that he can trust her with the family finances, knowing that she will not cause him financial loss and pain.

The Proverbs 31 woman is also very creative and focused, meaning that she is not wasteful, she looks to the future and builds an estate. She finds opportunities to add income to the family, save for the family and invests for the family.

The Proverbs 31 woman is not afraid of the snow for all her household are clothed with scarlet, meaning that the financially virtuous woman is proactive and is a saver, she plans and budgets well for her family. She has emergency funds and ensures her family is secured with all necessary items at all times.

Are you a proverbs 31 woman?

No lazy woman is a proverbs 31 woman.

No waster is a proverbs 31 woman.

The Proverbs 31 woman is the perfect woman, strive to be like her, study and copy her.

As a woman, even if you are not earning any income through paid employment or business, you can save from the allowance your husband gives to you and invest it for the family.

Feel free to add more characteristics to the Proverbs 31 woman.

visit my personal finance/thrifty bolg. www.akaglue.com

@OP; Lovely

I love that passage a whole lot and always use it as a base for my writeups to wives.

The virtuous woman is really my aspiration.

There is also the Proverbs 31 husband; stumbled on the book though did not read it though the summary said that's the husband that brings out the Proverbs 31 wife.

I do not think that chapter screams a 'perfect' wife; it describes a wife who is hardworking, diligent, dignified, beautifully dressed, wise, hosiptable and bold. Not the cowering women referred to undecided neither is she a domestic machine nor a Yes sir woman.

Infact, she is more praised for her business acumen than her domestic skills.

I would say a non-faithful husband cannot be comfortable with a virtuous wife. He cannot appreciate her or know her value.

@Solomon: I think he was a joker towards the end grin
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by KanwuliaJara: 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
Stillfire:
Solomon the wisest man on earth who penned down these 'lyrics' could not find this so called virtuous woman worthy enough to be faithful to. cheesy cheesy cheesy How much more some Nigerian! cheesy
Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Rotflmao! He was on a quest in finding that 'fairy tale' woman that never existed.
In Ecclesiastes 7:28 New Living Translation, Solomon says:

Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand man is virtuous, but not one woman.

Lol. He found no woman virtuous, hahahaha! grin

Death! Where art thou?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by dangotesmummy: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
funlord:
grin

I never knew "dangotes HARLOT" was also on NL?
fun weakling buhaha grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by dangotesmummy: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

Death! Where art thou?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
dangotesmummy:
Fun fool grin grin

cc Lalasticlala , Ishilove , Royalroy , Seun
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by irunoko(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
bukatyne:

You are not serious grin
I lie grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tough question
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by irunoko(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
dareporta:

cc Lalasticlala , Ishilove , Royalroy , Seun
make sure you are here till Jesus comes grin

Infact my next Monica will be ban me.take note wink grin tongue cool

1 Like

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by irunoko(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
bukatyne:

That lady is beautiful in that picture
that is toke makinwa an on air radio presenter who recently got divorced because her Mr my dheek cannot stay in one place husband is looking for the illusive VIRTOUS WOMAN grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by akaglue(f): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2015
bukatyne:

@OP; Lovely

I love that passage a whole lot and always use it as a base for my writeups to wives.

The virtuous woman is really my aspiration.

There is also the Proverbs 31 husband; stumbled on the book though did not read it though the summary said that's the husband that brings out the Proverbs 31 wife.

I do not think that chapter screams a 'perfect' wife; it describes a wife who is hardworking, diligent, dignified, beautifully dressed, wise, hosiptable and bold. Not the cowering women referred to undecided neither is she a domestic machine nor a Yes sir woman.

Infact, she is more praised for her business acumen than her domestic skills.

I would say a non-faithful husband cannot be comfortable with a virtuous wife. He cannot appreciate her or know her value.

@Solomon: I think he was a joker towards the end grin

Thanks for the contribution.
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by bukatyne(f): 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
akaglue:

Thanks for the contribution.

You are welcome
Re: The Financially Virtuous Woman. by Agrika: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:
Solomon the wisest man on earth who penned down these 'lyrics' could not find this so called virtuous woman worthy enough to be faithful to. cheesy cheesy cheesy How much more some Nigerian! cheesy
Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Rotflmao! He was on a quest in finding that 'fairy tale' woman that never existed.
In Ecclesiastes 7:28 New Living Translation, Solomon says:

Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand man is virtuous, but not one woman.

Lol. He found no woman virtuous, hahahaha! grin

Hahahaha *falls down from oga*...funny enough I never saw it that way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Allegedly Gives Birth To A Lizard After Two Years Of Pregnancy / Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! / Appeal For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.