Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:44 PM

Excuses Some Christians Give For Poverty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Excuses Some Christians Give For Poverty (677 Views)

Why Some Christians Live In Poverty / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / Should Christians Give Firstfruits Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Excuses Some Christians Give For Poverty by Maccoy1(m): 8:23am On Jul 01, 2015
Lesson for Today
Excuses some christians give for poverty!
§-The poorer you are, the purer you become.
*Poverty and Purity might be homonyms but they are definitely not synonyms.
§-Jesus said "You will always have the poor with you".
*Indeed He did; but I ask you, must you be the fufillment of bad prophecy? The clothes of Jesus were so valuable that soldiers had to gamble in order to get them! He was not a poor man. He took our poverty so that we might be rich.
§-Pastors who preach & pray about money are children of Gehazi.
*Congratulations! You have become the enemy of your own prosperity. If I were to pray for you to receive poverty now, would you not return it back to the sender?
§-Money is the root of all evil.
*This one is demonic manipulation. Read that verse again, it says "the love of money"
§-We have too many materialistic ministers; too many messages on breakthrough & money not enough about salvation!
*Agreed! but we know that excess of anything is bad. It doesn't change the fact that christians need to learn about money too. The parable of the Talents was not preached by an idol worshipper o.
§-Money is mammon, gold is carnality. Love not the world neither the things of the world, Heaven is my home.
*Is that so? You do realise that the streets of heaven are made of gold?
§-Only ritualists and satanists have plenty money.
*Really? So which one was Isaac?
§-Money is bad.
*That is simply not true! Money is neutral: Its use determines its nature. The same money that can be used for abortion can also be used for tract printing. (May the ignorance of some people not prolong their suffering!)
How will you evangelise to someone that you beg and borrow from regularly? After you finish your preaching, they will tell you that food is ready! *sigh* after that you will hanging around for transport! *the devil is wicked*
You see phd holders (some of them christians) struggling to apply for a job as a driver to an illiterate! And then you say that pastors who pray for the prosperity of their members are going to hell fire. (God forgive some of your sins o)
The rich man in Luke 16 didn't go hell fire because of his wealth &Lazarus didn't go to heaven because of his sickness & sores; afterall, Abraham was a rich person and is in heaven. Whether rich or poor, only sinners will go to hell!
Have you not noticed? Ugly men with money usually marry very beautiful women. While some handsome but poor men are still trying to maintain relationships (cases abound).
Money has power--- For instance, let God prosper you to the extent where every service you attend, you give offering of 100 thousand naira. The day you miss service, they will ask for you. Your pastor will have your number on speed dial. Plenty revelation and pastoral visits for you. Your personal problems become the problems of the ministry. Believe me it is good life.
As a christian, you are permitted to have money but not to be had by money!
Ecclesisates 10v19- ...money answers all things.
Let me just stop here before I write a textbook.
‪# Lessonsinwealth dynamics‬
Who has ears should hear...

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: ishilove
Re: Excuses Some Christians Give For Poverty by menesheh(m): 9:01am On Jul 01, 2015
grin

Christianity thrive on paradox.

Law of contradiction that Christians violates in their quest to be in conformity with the bible ideas.

Wrong : A is B - rice is beans

Right : A is A, A cannot be B or otherwise - rice is rice not beans.

You either accept poverty and become pure in heart(good Christian) or stop deceiving youself presumably to acquire huge wealth and be poor tge same time, then look for reasons to interpret your bible to suit your plight.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Why My Pastor Sudden Interest In Me? / In Zimbabwe Pastor Fails To Resurrect After He Was Buried Alive. / A Reasonable Solution To Boko Haram Insurgence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.