Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Am A Genius!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am A Genius!!! (659 Views)

You Think You're Genius Solve This Problem / Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am A Genius!!! by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2015
Hi pals, an argument ensued in a forum yesterday about the real meaning of a genius and example of geniuses in our society.
These are my definitions according to google.

1. exceptional intellectual or creative power
or other natural ability.
2. an exceptionally intelligent person or one
with exceptional skill in a particular area
of activity.
3. a person regarded as exerting a powerful
influence over another for good or evil.
4. the prevailing character or spirit of
something.

unfortunately for me with all these definitions, I can't still understand what a genius mean, cos I got confused yesterday. I came across different kind of definitions and examples yesterday. before the topic came up yesterday I have always believed that geniuses are extraordinary beings, I.e very rare
and popular e.g those great scientist that invented many things that we are still using till tomorrow.
but yesterday I was made to believe that anyone can be a genius in his or her field, they also cited examples like "tupac" they said he was a genius in music, same as bob marley cos he promoted Jamaican music single handedly and the likes. some also said people like David oyedepo and pastor E.A adeboye are geniuses in their fields because they have affected their society in one way or the other. so I later got confused totally, I was now asking if all celebrities are geniuses because they are popular and they have affected the society in one way or the other.

someone also said for you to be a genius you must have used atleast 10% of your brain to do something that will affect the society.

Now my questions goes thus:
* what's your definition of a genius?
* examples of geniuses you know?
* are celebrities also geniuses?
* do we still have geniuses in this modern day of ours?
* and is it true you must use atleast 10% of ur brain to affect the society before you can be a genius?

please these questions need urgent answers.
for matured minds plssssss.
Re: Am A Genius!!! by robinicule(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
to me a genius is someone that always think out of the box

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University 2015/2016 POST-UTME Screening Execise Is On / KASU 2015/2016 PG Applicants Meet Here / Waecgce Financial Accounting Answers For Free: Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.