Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? (1647 Views)

Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging / I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by timotew: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2015
I get this question all the time also often people ask me why I choose Blogger over Wordpress for CodingSavvy,First of all coding savvy was meant to encourage young bloggers that they can start blogging without having a penny through blogger and how flexible Blogger can be. I have run so many Wordpress based sites am going to share my experience with you and give you few good reason why blogger is better for blogging.I know some may not agree,You can read along and leave your comments.
Is Wordpress better than Blogger for SEO?
First of all watch this video where +Matt Cutts, head of webspam at Google, answers the question "Is Wordpress or Blogger better for SEO?"
Dose Google delete bloggers account any time and anyhow they feel like?
I have never been a victim of such situation but I have work with those that are faced with it,To be sincere it hard to believe that such thing happens because my very first blog as a n armature blogger was created back in 2008 it was filled with premium contents that violates copyrights and It always get reported to Google more than 6 times but they never disable or deleted my blog it sill alive till date,The wort that has ever happened was that they simply unpublished the post that was reported.
Advantage of blogger
1 :it's free
2 :free hosting from Google
3: Security
5: show up in search results faster
The list is long continue reading at : http://www.codingsavvy.com/2015/07/wordpress-or-blogger-which-is-best-for.html
I know it not everybody that is going to agree with it just post your comments. But plese read the full article first.
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by PulseWeb: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2015
wordpress is beta
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by Julius2214(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
@op, you've got good points and reasons here, but I disagree with you.
is a good blogging platform to start your blogging career. Yes, but in a long run, a self hosted blog is what you should be going for. I have my own reasons of choosing WordPress over blogger. They're listed below:

1. Ownership
Blogger is a blogging service provided by the tech giant Google. It is free, reliable most of the time, and quite enough to publish your stuff on the web. However, it is not owned by you. Google runs this service and has the right to shut it down, or shutdown your access to it at any time.
With WordPress, you use a WordPress hosting providerto host your own site. You are free to decide how long you want to run it and when you want to shut it down. You own all your data, and you control what information you share with any third party.

2. Control
Blogger is a fine tuned service with very limited tools allowing you to perform only specific tasks on your website. The things you can do on your blog are limited, and there is no way you can extend them to meet a need.
WordPress is an open source software, so you can easily extend it to add new features. There are thousands of WordPress plugins allowing you to modify and extend the default feature set

3. Reputation
This can be considered as human tendency or perception, that most of the people doesn’t see with a great eye. One of the simple reason is its free, and mass number of people are using it for Blackhat SEO, spamming and for affiliate landing pages. When talking about self-hosted blog, you give the impression that you're serious about your blog.

4. Security
Yes, in terms of security I agree with you.
Using Blogger, you have the added advantage of Google’s robust secure platform. You don’t need to worry about managing your server’s resources, securing your blog, or creating backups.
In the case of WordPress, it is quite secure, but since it is a self hosted solution you are responsible for security and backups. There are plenty of WordPress plugins that make it easier for you.

5. Future
Blogger has not seen any major update since a very long time. We have seen Google kill their popular services such as Google Reader, Adsense for feeds, and the possible demise of FeedBurner. Future of Blogger depends on Google, and they have the right to shut it down whenever they want.
WordPress is an Open Source software which means its future is not dependent on one company or individual. It is developed by a community of developers and users. Being world’s most popular content management system, thousands of businesses around the globe depend on it. The future of WordPress is bright and reassuring.
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by emillionaire: 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
WordPress rocks. blogger is for amateur s
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by timotew: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2015
Am going to tackle all your points one by one.

Ownership: Have you heard of Download your Data tool by Google?

Control : Wordpress uses and spends it whole life trying to modify just an HTML output, But blogger puts on on the clients side by making you apply the interactiveness(JavaScript) and Presentation(CSS) directly to your template file.

Reputation : Anything that just costs money is cheap, I started my programming career with blogger it give me a simple HTML challenge and make the solution look simple.

Security: You agreed.

Future: I agree But Google never closes any platform if there is no alternative for it as far as I know Google have other blogging platform as active as Blogger, Blogger is in the same league with other valued platforms such as Youtube.

I have use wordpress more times than blogger I know wordpress is good but the argument is, Which one is good for blogging?
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by Julius2214(m): 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
I can't even understand what you're saying... drop better lines that is worthy of argument
Re: Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? by timotew: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2015
Julius2214:
I can't even understand what you're saying... drop better lines that is worthy of argument
No comment. CIAO.

(1) (Reply)

Tradeshow Trends: Budgets, Expectations, Logistics, And More [infographic] / Paypal Account Opening / Facebook Page For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.