Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

#beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? (45737 Views)

Man Celebrates His Hot Mother's Birthday On Twitter / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by oloyede252(m): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nnemuka:
i hate being female in Nigeria
then you can go and die
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by iPopAlomo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
FrancisTony:
I am a male and I understand the point these women are making.

*A female boss controls her male subordinate and he declines, they hail the guy and say she's rude and uncouth.
A male boss does the same to a female, and she declines, they give 20reasons why Nigerian women are rude, uncouth and uncultured.

*A male strives to be successful and he's hailed whether the money is legitimate or illegitimate.
When a female makes a legitimate, she must be runs girl et al.

*A guy sleeps with many women and he still opens mouth to curse females that he probably has slept with.

Bunch of bitter, depressed and frustrated men with forlorn childhood hailed by some of their female masochists.

Are you gay...?!

7 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
99.8% of ya'all that are making all these plenty noises are dependent on men even for tissue paper and I'm not saying that you should be mocked for that or insulted for it, after all the empowerment isn't just there for women to make something out of themselves - Because in a society where the socio-economic problems is huge, women in such societies enjoy free meal more than any other place in the world where the standard of living is higher and opportunities abounds.

I hope you won't see this the wrong way.

Seriously, I have a problem with this. I constantly read comments about Nigerian women being dependent and all. My mum was never dependent on my dad and I don't know any Nigerian woman that depends on a man as her source of livelihood... I'm not saying they aren't there. In Nigeria, there are some jobs that are predominantly done by females. From the elementary school teachers to the counsellors to the tailors, hair stylists, cashiers, receptionists, librarians, bankers, nurses etc. Yet you guys keep going on and on about this. It's only on this forum where virtually all Nigerian women depend on the men and all Nigerian men are capable of taking care of their women and by extension, family.
Does propagating this falsehood make you guys feel good?

Eating free meals is one of the perks of being female in Naija grin grin

11 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by GoldStandard: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
adazinnie:
seriously I spoke to a male friend dis morning..while discussing I told him I would really like to make my money before d end of sch and after sch...like being my own boss and his reply was men would only come to me for my monie no love ..even if it marriage it would still b because of the monie...I told him if am a boss I would like to get married to a boss....

Of course.... That should be the mindset!
It's only men without goals that get intimidated by a successful woman with a successful career.
And don't get all jittery over marriage, for every Yang, there is a Ying
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Omotayor123(f): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
lilmax:
okay so what do you want it to be?
It should be equal 50/50. instead of seeing women as lesser being.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
I am sure the mothers of these females will disagree with them. A vocal few are pontificating as speakers of a happy and fulfilled majority. Nonsense!

They can go and live anywhere in the whole wide world,if they so hate the Naija culture of male and female relationships.

Most men work hard, provide for their wives and die as slaves to the care concept of marriage. How many of them are complaining?

Ours sisters must get real and stop reading too many soft magazines in the West and cease watching reality shows of jobless women in the US and the UK.

We are Africans. We are conservative;yet we love and respect our women. Of course, most of them are happy with us!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by mayorchelsea(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
I couldn't agree more or less with those tweets,I want to attribute those challenges faced by women to our cultural sentiments in Africa that places the woman below the man and never supports equality.The pressure mothers too place on their daughters isn't ideal. At 25,marriage is the priority, if you decline, you want to be promiscuous but is that why women who head organisations or are bosses at work are often wicked?even to their female gender?Go to civil service or police or government agencies and check out women who occupy senior positions, u no go wan cross their path#JUST SAYING

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nnemuka(f): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2015

3 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
dominique:

You're talking about being a mum,I'm talking being a wife. Pressure heaped on women pushes them to marry just anybody just to escape the shame of being tagged as single at a certain age.

Pressure heaped on them by who?
By who na?!!!!!!

A woman who just got got engaged will be flaunting the engagement ring to her fellow ladies to make them jealous and starts a rivalry

The girls who has seen the engagement ring will begin to mount pressure on her boyfriend to propose to her now!!!!!!

A woman does a wedding that accomodates 500 guests
Her friend will do a wedding to accomodate 5,500 even when its above her finances
In the end most husbands suffer the pain of debt after the "show off" wedding

Women are the ones who mount pressure on themselves
#shikena

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
hensben:
Women complains/nag a lot, if only they know what nigerian men pass through on daily basis.

Then talk your own too na. I knew I would meet the likes of you trying to undermine these challenges.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by freecocoa(f): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ofcourse it's all true.

When I say that women are being marginalised, they cry blue murder.

Good thing our women are speaking up.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Begonia:

Seriously, I have a problem with this. I constantly read comments about Nigerian women being dependent and all. My mum was never dependent on my dad and I don't know any Nigerian woman that depends on a man as her source of livelihood... I'm not saying they aren't there. In Nigeria, there are some jobs that are predominantly done by females. From the elementary school teachers to the counsellors to the tailors, hair stylists, cashiers, receptionists, librarians, bankers, nurses etc. Yet you guys keep going on and on about this. It's only on this forum where virtually all Nigerian women depend on the men and all Nigerian men are capable of taking care of their women and by extension, family.
Does propagating this falsehood make you guys feel good?

Eating free meals is one of the perks of being female in Naija grin grin

Get me right first, I'm not dissing women here but I'm only pointing out that the system itself do not give women many choice and this isn't deliberate but a function of the socio-economic system that is bedeviling the entire developing nations, unlike their Western counterpart.

How much money will you make from teaching pupils here in a developing nation like Nigeria?

Be realistic oh , I no wan hear bicycle story o grin grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by proxillin(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
[size=16pt]Women always complaining.

They tell you not to have multiple sexual, u said they are unfair. Oya na...get pregnant for 3 daddies.LOL..and tell your kid, "You have 3 daddies"...Oloshissssss

Feminisim my foot. Your body is not cut out to do certain things. Its not that they are limiting you, they are caring for you and the society.

You went out naked and a guy raped you. Will you feel comfortable if a guy dress the same way you did and come and sit with you.

You will start calling men different name, they are ashawo, they are gay...How can a guy reveal his dck publicly. Any rule that binds a guy should bind a lady. Why are ladies looking for exception?

In music videos, you see a guy kitting up, you see the girls in pants. Can't you keep your unclothedness for yourself? Must you appear naked?

I seriously dont encourage rapist. If you are a rapist, you lack self-control.

When its come to service/benefits, you will hear ladies first "Why Ladies first?", are they different humans?

They tell you to marry at early age is not for the benefit of your man, its for your own good. Female Menopause starts from age 30.

They asked you to marry at age 25, you say they are mounting pressure on you. Societal pressure..blahblah. Oya na...be barren...I trust mr. Husband, he go nack one young babe pregnancy outside. And come and cry about how men are dogs.

At your tender age, you want to date old men. A girl of 16 years dating a man of 45 years old.

Do we guys have access to that? Do women of age 45 date young boys of age 20? We dont enjoy this benefit!

Yet, you have not seen guys crying public about the maginalization. Feminism my foot...fck feminism[/size]

10 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
There are some women that do not go through those things ,they came from good homes and where well taken care of by their parents but because of their sexual orientation and bad choices they made about the kind of men they roll with ,they feel that the only way they can express themselves is by being aggressive to men and unfortunately they hide under the umbrella of feminism and they abound in this forum right inside this thread now.

Most of these ladies often mistaken misandry for feminism and I personally do not spare them.Because they will have a problem thinking they are feminists.

They are not feminist but bunch of deluded fellows who would soon learn through the hard way mark my words.

Good one cheesy
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
When a woman is successful in an organisation,she gets promoted more than twice,she's likable,etc,they say she's sleeping with the MD or chairman. She's successful in her business,doing so well,buys a house or two in Porsche areas of town,etc, she's sleeping her way up the ladder of success i.e dating a minister or a senator..
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
apolonius:
I am sure the mothers of these females will disagree with them. A vocal few are pontificating as speakers of a happy and fulfilled majority. Nonsense!

They can go and leave anywhere in the whole wide world if they so hate the Naija culture of male and female relationships.

Most men work hard, provide for their wives and die as slaves to the care concept of marriage. How many of them are complaining?

Ours sisters must get real and stop reading too many soft magazines in the West and cease watching reality shows of jobless women in the US and the UK.

We are Africans. We are conservative; we love and respect our women. And most of them are happy with us!

*yimu*

From your perspective, women who want men that can take care of them shouldn't be tagged as gold diggers then. It is african culture for the man to provide na? undecided
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by oloyede252(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nnemuka:
After your entire family
grin I tot you said you hate being a female in Nigeria.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by freecocoa(f): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
oseod:

Pressure heaped on them by who?
By who na?!!!!!!

A woman who just got got engaged will be flaunting the engagement ring to her fellow ladies to make them jealous and starts a rivalry

The girls who has seen the engagement ring will begin to mount pressure on her boyfriend to propose to her now!!!!!!

A woman does a wedding that accomodates 500 guests
Her friend will do a wedding to accomodate 5,500 even when its above her finances
In the end the most husband suffer the pain of debt after the "show off" wedding

Women are the ones who mount pressure on themselves
#shikena
The problem is not women, culture is the problem and our cultures are very 'misogynic' in nature.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by abbey621(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Feminism was and will always be about female domination. Come to the USA and see how laws enacted to protect women ended up harming men. A man works to gain wealth only for him to marry the wrong woman, after a few years, his wealth is cut in half due to precarious divorce laws. When you look at the Nigerian setting, of course women would feel inferior, most of them rather than work and make something of themselves, they prefer to wait for a wealthy man and become a liability. It's not their fault tho, it's the men who encourages them. You want to talk about feminism in Nigeria, let the females start by being more responsible, get a damn job and make something of yourself! If you make a man your sole provider, if you make a man invest heavily in you then prepare to allow him be the leader and stop the feminist hypocrisy!

7 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by crisycent: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Been bangîng this girl all day and she no wan gree cum. #beingmaleinnigeria

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nnemuka(f): 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
proxillin:
[size=16pt]Women always complaining.

They tell you not to have multiple sexual, u said they are unfair. Oya na...get pregnant for 3 daddies.LOL..and tell your kid, "You have 3 daddies"...Oloshissssss

Feminisim my foot. Your body is not cut out to do certain things. Its not that they are limiting you, they are caring for you and the society.

You went out naked and a guy raped you. Will you feel comfortable if a guy dress the same way you did and come and sit with you.

You will start calling men different name, they are ashawo, they are gay...How can a guy reveal his dck publicly. Any rule that binds a guy should bind a lady. Why are ladies looking for exception?

In music videos, you see a guy kitting up, you see the girls in pants. Can't you keep your unclothedness for yourself? Must you appear naked?

I seriously dont encourage rapist. If you are a rapist, you lack self-control.

When its come to service/benefits, you will hear ladies first "Why Ladies first?", are they different humans?

They tell you to marry at early age is not for the benefit of your man, its for your own good. Female Menopause starts from age 30.

They asked you to marry at age 25, you say they are mounting pressure on you. Societal pressure..blahblah. Oya na...be barren...I trust mr. Husband, he go nack one young babe pregnancy outside. And come and cry about how men are dogs.

At your tender age, you want to date old men. A girl of 16 years dating a man of 45 years old.

Do we guys have access to that? Do women of age 45 date young boys of age 20? We dont enjoy this benefit!

Yet, you have not seen guys crying public about the maginalization. Feminism my foot...fck feminism[/size]

Although I still feel feminism wants more than just equality for women
Your post shows you're angry, and clearly bias

You might want to calm down, read through what you've posted and modify

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
apolonius:

They can go and leave anywhere in the whole wide world if they so hate the Naija culture of male and female relationships.

We are Africans. We are conservative; we love and respect our women. And most of them are happy with us!

Care to explain the bolded?

Women do not work where you are from or the work they do is different from that of men?

In organizations, is the job description according to sex or skills?

All this 'men work hard to fend for their family is utter nonsense'...

How many wives are housewives??
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
netizenbuzz:

*yimu*

From your perspective, women who want men that can take care of them shouldn't be tagged as gold diggers then. It is african culture for the man to provide na? undecided

This dark mind dares again. You just are sick; yes too sick to make even a slight sense.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by oloyede252(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nnemuka:

yes but i never told you i wanna die. foooollish boy

lolz,so you will continue being a female in nigeria when you hate it.was only giving you a way out.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by proxillin(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
oseod:

Although I still feel feminism wants more than just equality for women
Your post shows you're angry, and clearly bias

You might want to calm down, read through what you've posted and modify

yes I am pissed off.

My posts are factual..

Whats this unnecessary conflicts for?

We are this we are that! Cant we have peace on this planet?

Muslim vs chrisian
Black VS WHite
Ibo VS Hausa
Female VS Male

We are all human we are equal. We cant cheat nature...Nature gave them womb and their body structure. The society is not responsible for the big breast they are carrying. They should just let us be.

Cant we have peace on this planet?

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by XwhY(m): 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is men's world..
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by 5minsmadness: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

Woman no get Ambition abi...

we be natural care taker huh...

Beingafemaleinnigeria#
You have womb to nurture the child and braests to feed the child.
OF COURSE YOU ARE THE NATURAL CARE-TAKER.
And if you are ashamed of that then you should be ashamed of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
abbey621:
Feminism was and will always be about female domination. Come to the USA and see how laws enacted to protect women ended up harming men. A man works to gain wealth only for him to marry the wrong woman, after a few years, his wealth is cut in half due to precarious divorce laws. When you look at the Nigerian setting, of course women would feel inferior, most of them rather than work and make something of themselves, they prefer to wait for a wealthy man and become a liability. It's not their fault tho, it's the men who encourages them. You want to talk about feminism in Nigeria, let the females start by being more responsible, get a damn job and make something of yourself! If you make a man your sole provider, if you make a man invest heavily in you then prepare to allow him be the leader and stop the feminist hypocrisy!

It happens
I'm not a sociologist or anything, but from what I've seen so far, any time an oppressed group is liberated and given some certain immunity and rights, they tend to misuse it

The law shouldn't stop at liberating the oppressed, but should try to control their excesses
Like a woman who frames a man for rape knowing fully well that she has the upperhand once the the word "rape" is mentioned

I can't be a muslim in the us and say during an interview, that I don't support gay marriage..........I will be severely dealt with silently, my business will be wrecked
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
bukatyne:

Good one cheesy

cheesy tongue

I think it's high time you guys begin to disassociate yourselves from some of these bitter lesbians and angry women that are hiding under the auspices of feminism to preach hate against men thereby destroying the true face of feminism.Because the fact and the truth is that without men making those bills and passing them into laws to promote the cause of feminism and gender equality to protect women won't see the light of the day.You guys still won't get that voice by noise making no matter how high the noise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
bukatyne:

Care to explain the bolded?

Women do not work where you are from or the work they do is different from that of men?

In organizations, is the job description according to sex or skills?

All this 'men work hard to fend for their family is utter nonsense'...

How many wives are housewives??

Stop your shallow misreading; my post speaks to the context of the thread. Marriage and all forms of male-female relationships are created around choice. Those gadflies can do better than send out nonsense as highlights of male-female relationships.

Why do people live with what they can only bewail?

Enough of these 'scorpions in a bottle' games abeg.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nnemuka(f): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.