Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

#beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? (45748 Views)

Man Celebrates His Hot Mother's Birthday On Twitter / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by abbey621(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
oseod:

It happens
I'm not a sociologist or anything, but from what I've seen so far, any time an oppressed group is liberated and given some certain immunity and rights, they tend to misuse it

The law shouldn't stop at liberating the oppressed, but should try to control their excesses
Like a woman who frames a man for rape knowing fully well that she has the upperhand once the the word "rape" is mentioned

I can't be a muslim in the us and say during an interview, that I don't support gay marriage..........I will be severely dealt with silently, my business will be wrecked

You're absolutely right! The unfortunate thing here is that real men are decreasing in numbers with each passing day. More men have turned into women sympathizers and would rather bring down their fellow man than call out women who abuse the system. The rape thing is an example, we have men in jail all over the U.S for a crime they did not commit, we've seen men whose career were completely wiped out due to a verbal altercation with a female, this has led to many psychological defects in male, the most critical being homosexuality. Only God knows where this world is heading......

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SirBlack999(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
misssclassy:
*It's Only in Nigeria that's it is a crime for a woman to have a car and not have a husband.

*When you are a Nigerian lady and you are still single at 30years, pastors will start casting out the spirit of anti-marriage from you.

*For a Nigeria woman, after school you must have two certificates.
University certificate and your marriage certificate.

*"Don't you know how to drive, see how you are driving like a woman"

*Every pretty light skinned girl is an ogbange

*Every single girl that dresses fine and has money is a runs girl.

*Every lady that wears skirt is a good girl. Every one that wears trouser is a bad girl.

#beingfemaleinnigeria
I love that.
You are another Adichie in the making.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
Begonia:

This depends on the family.
Is that all?

So you can say it depends... then all the above about female in Nigeria... is not true cos... in your words... it depends...

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
njays24:
I agree with you,but I disagree with your 99% projection.
The 99% was the only thing that made sense of all I have typed in that comment ,so it means you understood nothing.Because all the other words were just there to send home the message else I could have just typed 99% and allow you to figure the rest out. grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
From your comments I put it to you that your whole ideology about feminism is all about getting back at men while they watch helplessly prolly because you're being protected by law or something else.

I hope your own ideology about equality should be encompassing under every situation that can befall mankind and not some things being left for men just because they are men?

Yes, it does..
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by edwife(f): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
I am here to read truckpusher..... cheesy
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
I will call it a very high level of insensitivity on your part if you don't live in Nigeria yet you're encouraging these women that are growing up in a country where getting a job is akin to a fight against a terminal disease and even starting up something for yourself and make something out of yourself is a kind of Herculean task, to rebel against a laid down rule that has ensured some sanity in a society.

Bicycle story is a story that look thrilling and adventurous but usually end up in a disaster and someone might likely get hurt so badly. grin

I live in Nigeria. What laid down rule are you referring to. Please enlighten me.

As for the bicycle story, I hope I didn't tell any. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by sammily(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Okay...

Meanwhile...

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Yes, it does..
When I was 16 there were some decisions that my Dad made that I wanted him to die for it - But today I look back and I can see that I was being buoyed up juvenile delinquency and youthful exuberance that's your case Victoria and not by any conviction of a belief system or as a result of being oppressed by the opposite gender.

You're just a wannabe - Once you get a good diicking ,you'll change ya song. grin grin

Na joke I dey o grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
misspicy:
Every man that wants to help you with job or admission are after your body.

#beingafemaleinnigeria.

Shay I come count bridge for Lagos...
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by 5minsmadness: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
freecocoa:
The problem is not women, culture is the problem and our cultures are very 'misogynic' in nature.
Are u saying what he stated was false,,?
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Certifiedboss: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
misssclassy:
*It's Only in Nigeria that's it is a crime for a woman to have a car and not have a husband.

*When you are a Nigerian lady and you are still single at 30years, pastors will start casting out the spirit of anti-marriage from you.

*Every lady that wears skirt is a good girl. Every one that wears trouser is a bad girl.

#beingfemaleinnigeria

#beingMaleinnigeria she eats ,you pay. She drinks ,you pay . She shops ,you pay... you just pay and pay and pay

If she must come to see you then you must pay cab

First date is always at am eatery or lounge . It can't be at the park where we enjoy the soft fresh air and discuss

Tell babe make we go out she go carry her friend come and she go buy takeaway for her siblings

If you drive a flashy car you're a yahoo boy

You're always the heart breaker . You never get used and dumped

In Nigeria You must take care of the bills in an outing

You can only get a babe easily with an oil job

It's alright to marry a jobless girl ,but when you're jobless and marry a rich girl then you're a gold digger

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
edwife:
I am here to read truckpusher..... cheesy
I have always supported that women should be given a voice because of the chauvinistic nature of our men but I have also noticed that some of our women deserve these kind of men to keep them in check. tongue

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Begonia:

I live in Nigeria. What laid down rule are you referring to. Please enlighten me.

As for the bicycle story, I hope I didn't tell any. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
And in your previous reply you have no idea how much a primary school teacher would be going home with? undecided

Bia , you smoke Urhobo people kpokpo garii? grin grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
*yawn** If ignorant people making stupid comments is oppression then you haven't seen anything yet undecided

This victimhood crap has got to stop.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by edwife(f): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
I have always supported that women should be given a voice because of the chauvinistic nature of our men but I have also noticed that some of our women deserve these kind of men to keep them in check. tongue

Exactly,respect is earned and not demanded.You can't act like a market woman and expect respect. smiley

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
insycarc:
women always trying to be men since 600B.C...Mentality of men and women are quite different... Most times we see things in different perspective.. Most men look at a woman and try to find an equation on how to bleep her, most women are after the guys packaging... When a girl drinks wildly , most guys predict she won't be hard to bleep since she's free... Most girls with tatoo are prostitutes if you doubt visit the nearest motel .. Nigerian Babes Stop trying to copy Babes from US... Civilization shouldn't be an excuse for immorality...

Theres a funny thing with stereotypes

Doctors wear labcoats,
all of a sudden a farmer wears a labcoat, everyone calls him a doctor and he feels offended and says "just because I wear a labcoat doesn't mean I'm a doctor"

Married ppl wear rings on their ring finger,
All of a sudden a single person puts a ring on her ring finger, everyone asks her "where's your husband" and she gets offended sayin "just because I put a ring on my ring finger doesn't mean i'm married"

Prostitutes dress skimpy to show off their assets
All of a sudden a woman dresses half naked and goes into the street, all the market women chant "olosho!! Olosho!! Olosky!!" The she gets offended and fires back "just because I dress like this doesn't make me a prostitute"

Funny thing in the three cases is that the farmer, single woman, and the unclad woman are all right....
The fact she dressed half naked (case three) doesn't make her a prostitute
But she has no right to get offended or fire back as she should have esperredit.......just like the farmer and the single lady

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by edwife(f): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Velocitron:
*yawn** If people being rude to you is oppression then you haven't seen anything yet undecided

I am always pleased when I read young women like you saying the truth and not being sentimental or following the bandwagon just to feel cool and among.

If a woman respect herself and knows her boundaries,it is easy to avoid miscreants your way.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by cococandy(f): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Stillfire:
The revolution is just beginning!
Operation say no to the tyrannical excesses of the patriarchal system on womanhood!

Glad to see it start in our day. cheesy
It will take a while though.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by 5minsmadness: 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Omotayor123:

That's not what we are talking about!
Oh?

What are we talking about then?
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
misssclassy:

#beingfemaleinnigeria

how did this rack up to 50 likes? majority of what you highlighted were exaggerated nonfactual proclamations.
I bet 49 of those likes came from females.

besides, that 'driving like a woman' point you made was just out of locus.
women are the fragile eggs that dread anything daring & precarious, ergo, If a man acts effeminate & like a 'pusssy'- the metaphor most likely to be used is - why act like a woman?. It's nothing personal & can't be seen as form of gender discrimination.

even women use this metaphor frequently. I have heard women countlessly saying - why are you acting like woman? or why are you driving like a woman?.

that makes that point null & void.
& lastly, like i have always said, the rate of gender discrimination in Nigeria is vanishingly minute & all ye western wannabe feminists should get a job & quit vying for what is nonexistent. . It's getting irritating .✘

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Velocitron:
*yawn** If people being rude to you is oppression then you haven't seen anything yet undecided

@Edwife......Look at them here - To them feminism is about insulting a man and if possible kicking his ass while he weeps and begs for his life. grin

You're simply asking for radical feminism and you'll die first before you'll get it in this world.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
proxillin:
[size=16pt]Women always complaining.

They tell you not to have multiple sexual, u said they are unfair. Oya na...get pregnant for 3 daddies.LOL..and tell your kid, "You have 3 daddies"...Oloshissssss

Feminisim my foot. Your body is not cut out to do certain things. Its not that they are limiting you, they are caring for you and the society.

You went out naked and a guy raped you. Will you feel comfortable if a guy dress the same way you did and come and sit with you.

You will start calling men different name, they are ashawo, they are gay...How can a guy reveal his dck publicly. Any rule that binds a guy should bind a lady. Why are ladies looking for exception?

In music videos, you see a guy kitting up, you see the girls in pants. Can't you keep your unclothedness for yourself? Must you appear naked?

I seriously dont encourage rapist. If you are a rapist, you lack self-control.

When its come to service/benefits, you will hear ladies first "Why Ladies first?", are they different humans?

They tell you to marry at early age is not for the benefit of your man, its for your own good. Female Menopause starts from age 30.

They asked you to marry at age 25, you say they are mounting pressure on you. Societal pressure..blahblah. Oya na...be barren...I trust mr. Husband, he go nack one young babe pregnancy outside. And come and cry about how men are dogs.

At your tender age, you want to date old men. A girl of 16 years dating a man of 45 years old.

Do we guys have access to that? Do women of age 45 date young boys of age 20? We dont enjoy this benefit!

Yet, you have not seen guys crying public about the maginalization. Feminism my foot...fck feminism[/size]

best post by a mile...
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
iPopAlomo:

So you can say it depends... then all the above about female in Nigeria... is not true cos... in your words... it depends...

Most of those points are not based on familial ethics but rather on societal ones. In this case, no other but the Nigerian society.
Therefore; pointing out something that happens specifically within families and not the society at large doesn't count.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by An2elect2(f): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buy me this buy that syndrome shiit isn't a bad thing but the truth is if I don't have it to buy you this and that will you still be acting all lovey-dovey? undecided

Most Nigerian girls will never look the way of an ordinary guy without a name or a prospect that shines like a Dangote's signpost.

Abeg, leave talk jare - Who are those girls that are dying in ABUJA running after their father's mate all for the greenback but on the internet they all got mouth to talk.

Crap

Believe these greedy things at your own peril.

I am not a feminist and i will never be by God's grace but with this post and so many other posts i've seen from other males, i understand why being a female in Nigeria can be horrid.

You talk anyhow and with so much disrespect for your women regardless of who gets hit? You are a heartless creature and staying away from Nigerian women will do our psychs a favour. We are tired of men like you who play the victim game almost all the time (this forum is a witness) and raise your eyebrows of scorn when we express dissatisfaction once in a blue moon?

How many "runs girls" have time for social media? I've been with some of them, and most times the highest they do are chats and that's it. Ok my experience isnt enough proof, but people who are guilty,most of the time do not speak up when their evils are exposed.

Well just another nonsense am tired of.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Certifiedboss:

#beingMaleinnigeria she eats ,you pay. She drinks ,you pay . She shops ,you pay... you just pay and pay and pay

First date is always at am eatery or lounge . It can't be at the park where we enjoy the soft fresh air and discuss

Tell babe make we go out she go carry her friend come and she go buy takeaway for her siblings

It's alright to marry a jobless girl ,but when you're jobless and marry a rich girl then you're a gold digger

I dunno about the rest but those six are pretty valid to me
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by jaybee3(m): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

Bernard M. Baruch
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Truckpusher(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
edwife:

Exactly,respect is earned and not demanded.You can't act like a market woman and expect respect. smiley
And the same thing goes for the guys too. cheesy
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by misspicy(f): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Shay I come count bridge for Lagos...
na body u come count undecided
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by 5minsmadness: 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
vickylala239:

Tnk u my broda.

After abortions n Dey xpect a guy to impregnate dem After marriage.

Abi Na intestine the baby go stay??

I taya ohh!!
grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by bamite(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
FrancisTony:
I am a male and I understand the point these women are making.

*A female boss controls her male subordinate and he declines, they hail the guy and say she's rude and uncouth.
A male boss does the same to a female, and she declines, they give 20reasons why Nigerian women are rude, uncouth and uncultured.

*A male strives to be successful and he's hailed whether the money is legitimate or illegitimate.
When a female makes a legitimate, she must be runs girl et al.

*A guy sleeps with many women and he still opens mouth to curse females that he probably has slept with.

Bunch of bitter, depressed and frustrated men with forlorn childhood hailed by some of their female masochists.
mumu

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Certifiedboss:

I was about to make a list as well.

I hope all the females can see this? lazy hypocrites ✘

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / I Am Not Happy With My Wife Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.