Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:47 PM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102178 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

Does a state have to be 100% Yoruba to be in the South-West?

No. it does not have to be.

Sincerely, I do not know the rationale behind the geopolitical division.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
thanks Scholes0 for this report.

I took my time to digest the report on the links provided.

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:
thanks Scholes0 for this report.

I took my time to digest the report on the links provided.

You are welcome.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.

35 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.

Dude you don't need to worry yourself, remember the thread of how Osun economy is bigger than the entire East combine and how Aregboshola was making £330Billion per hour selling unripe plantain and bitter kola.

Most of these guys jumping up n down have not been to anywhere, I have been to Ogun, I have been to Ekiti, I don't want to sound somehow but ignorance is addictive.

This is the type of thread that always give Aregbosola the audacity to be wayward with the lives of his subjects.

Go on, Osun is richer than the entire Eastern, even Ekiti is in the ladder there.

To ever imagine tha Osun n Ekiti have better poverty rate than Abia is enough to send those that did the research to be sent to ISIS for proper beheading

Kontonuo

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by mubarak001(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
Meanwhile, In Port Harcourt, we are taken over the fish business and the architecture design industry.

Therefore, for your training on fish (pond construction, supply of fries, fingerlings and consultation), archicad, autoCAD, artlantis studio, and chess games.

Also, private tutor is available for your wards/students in high school offering science subjects.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
I'll even rate Ondo ahead of Osun. The number of towns and their sizes in Ondo are far more than what is found in Osun. The amount of non indigenes and their businesses in Ondo are more than what can be found in Osun. Ondo is known for bananas and cassava and its derivatives and I can wages that it produces more cocoa than Osun so how can Osun be high above it? I doubt the authenticity of this report.

7 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
hefty4real:
Yobe and Zamfara try no be small. shocked
I suggest they start Exporting Kunu spiked with W**d to S/W, S/E and S/S for improvement cool cool cool lipsrsealed tongue

*laughs and falls from d chair*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by tdayof(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
No wonder Drug Barons want to destroys our peaceful states.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
some fools actually tot we are too poor in Osun.

Thank God for disappointing them o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
south south supposed to be first!!! yeye goverment
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by tdayof(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:

OSUN IS RICHER THAN ANAMBRA ...

NOW DO YOUR WORST.

33 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by 989900: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Shame on Bayelsa 'on top' all the monies collected vs that comparatively little population? #sad

This should be richest state in Nigeria by a looong mile.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Duletion(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
The northern Nigeria is a direct dependant of Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ricswagger: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
chai buhari,chai poverty,sai nothingners sai poverty stricken region,no wonder buhari want to pay 5k to poor nigerians cos he knows dat despite been in power 4 modan 38yrs niZOOrians from d north are poverty personified

8 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Segadem(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
south west is the America of Nigeria and of Africa as well.

15 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by kennosklint(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
Edo state shuld b on no.1 position.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dammieco(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
kettykin:
I took this report very serious until I saw Osun on the second spot.
This is a huge joky
I laugh! U didn't take it serious in d first place, u don't need to lie. (UNTIL I SAW OSUN ON THE SECOND SPOT)...how long did it take u to see Osun on d second spot?

10 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
tdayof:

OSUN IS RICHER THAN ANAMBRA ...

NOW DO YOUR WORST.
It does not any way affect me. Whether Osun is very rich it does not affect. I'm only trying to compare the information I have with what I'm seeing here. I did invite anyone who got solid info to disprove me.

6 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
kettykin:
I took this report very serious until I saw Osun on the second spot.
This is a huge joky
How can d Osun state I know rank higher than Anambra?
Mbanu

12 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Segadem(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
Mr man these statistics were compiled by united nation's multi dimensional poverty index, it is only in nairaland that Anambra can edge any south west states not in infrastructure, exposure, GDP etc.

15 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Some states are like this dude in the video below. +18 only and at viewer discretion. cool grin cheesy cheesy wink wink lipsrsealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVl5dfSSafo
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by alaoeri: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
So the poverty rate in ipinle omoluabi is low that's cool. cool

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by lionduke(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Is that Osun State up there?? Just because kashamu gave them free rice. Nawa for these oyibo source ooo.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by tobtap: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

Geographically, it is north central because of the artificial delineation of the country into geopolitical zones, for ease of administration.

In terms of ethnicity, Kwara state is 80% yorubaland with Baribas, fulanis and Nupes owning the remaining 20% of kwara.
GBAM...u are right 12 out the 16 local government is fully yoruba...the barubas have 2 LGAs and the nupe/tapa have 2 LGAs.... cheers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
dnt be dumb its actually the work of those trouping masses to ur land dat reduce porverty
with their hardwork and business

is good to think before commenting. i do!

8 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by nerodenero: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Osun get enemies grin

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by mmsen: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
hansad:

Northern Nigeria exports mostly Islam and use of sharia criminal laws to the south.

South is left under-developed because of north. One Nigeria is a curse for the south.

South of Nigeria should have been Africa's economic power house without the north.

Southern Nigeria is still Africa's powerhouse, even with the north.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

APC Matters In Pictures / Nnamdi Kanu Eating With Femi Fani-Kayode And His Family In Abuja (Photo) / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.