Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102433 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:
The rest of their criteria is neither here nor there.
The only reason Osun and SW will be ahead of SE in the Oxford university poverty rate measurement is if their used SW and Osun bogus and cooked up GDP figures, which I suspect is likely what they did.

When the next States GDP figures are released,by the NBS, I will be the first to make a thread about it...
The results will shock you.

Expect Lagos, Ondo, Ogun and Oyo up there in the top 12.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

No be you get your hand and bandwidth to type rubbish you feel like typing nah?

UN reports says poverty is lower in Osun than Anambra. So be it.

Is it not the same crime infested and gully eroded Anambra?

Haters and aggrieved can jump inside the deepest part of the Lagoon. Better still, hug a. 50,000 KVA high tension wire. cheesy cheesy grin

UN conducted no such study. The. study was conducted by Oxford university and published in UNDP reports. How hard is this to understand?

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by stnwani(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
hefty4real:
Yobe and Zamfara try no be small. shocked
I suggest they start Exporting Kunu laced with W**d to S/W, S/E and S/S for improvement cool cool cool lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by rdokoye: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

not properly funded you say?
If Imo was #1, would it be "properly funded" then?

I said, minimally funded; I’m pretty sure this study is based on an opinion poll, where researchers asked a small sample of people how they felt about their current predicament, within each state of Nigeria.

All I’m saying is that the stats must correlate with reality.

If Osun State is doing so well, then open a thread and showcase this “beautiful” state to the rest of the world.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
rdokoye:

I said, minimally funded; I’m pretty sure this study is based on an opinion poll, where researchers asked a small sample of people how they felt about their current predicament, within each state of Nigeria.

All I’m saying is that the stats must correlate with reality.
If Osun State is doing so well, then open a thread and showcase this “beautiful” state to the rest of the world.

Anambra the number 3 state on that List is far from what I would describe as "beautiful"
As expected, your scope of thinking is limited ..... You think Manilla would be considered more beautiful than Sub-Urban England, because they have a lot of high-rise apartments, and people cramped together in squalid living conditions?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

When the next States GDP figures are released,by the NBS, I will be the first to make a thread about it...
The results will shock you.

Politicized GDP results that does not reflect realities on ground but cooked up to massage egos? Lol!

Keep deceiving yourself. Real non politicized stats like that JAMB stats you lots got too uncomfortable with and stopped, will always show the region with less poverty rate. As we all know, tertiary education is a privilege only the well fed can afford in Nigeria, the number of people from any zone aspiring for tertiary education, is a good indication of how well of the people are. No amount of cooked up GDP cooked up to massage egos will come close to those real life realities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:

[s] Politicized GDP results that does not reflect realities on ground but cooked up to massage egos? Lol!

Keep deceiving yourself. Real non politicized stats like that JAMB stats you lots got too uncomfortable with and stopped, will always show the region with less poverty rate. As we all know, tertiary education is a privilege only the well fed can afford in Nigeria, the number of people from any zone aspiring for tertiary education, is a good indication of how well off the people are. No amount of cooked up GDP cooked up to massage egos will come close to those real life realities.[/s]

The Jamb results from a Federal government parastatal is not 'Politicized', but states GDP figures fro the same government is "politicized"
Lmao!! make up your mind buddy..... clearly, you only want to see things that suite you.

5 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by rdokoye: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

Anambra the number 3 state on that List is far from what I would describe as "beautiful"
As expected, your scope of thinking is limited ..... You think Manilla would be considered more beautiful than Sub-Urban England, because they have a lot of high-rise apartments, and people cramped together in squalid living conditions?

Are you absent-minded or something? Why do you continuously misrepresent my words? Did I say Anambra is beautiful? I said, if Osun State is doing so well then let’s see it, why are you hiding it from us. Its basic common sense, if Osun State has such a low poverty rate, then it MUST have nice parts.

What is Sub-Urban England?

Is Manilla more beautiful than London, for example? That’s a matter of opinion, but one thing is for sure, Manilla has serious poverty in it, whereas no such thing exists in England.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

The Jamb results from a Federal government parastatal is not 'Politicized', but states GDP figures fro the same government is "politicized"
Lmao!! make up your mind buddy..... clearly, you only want to see things that suite you.

JAMB results cannot be politicized. There was no gain from that. Infact the more people you have enrolling from a state, the higher the cut of marks for those states in various Universities and of course, those states get removed from ELDS with the advantages that come with that tag lost.

JAMB enrollment stat, can't be politicized, which was the exact reason why it was stopped.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
rdokoye:

Are you absent-minded or something? Why do you continuously misrepresent my words? Did I say Anambra is beautiful? I said, if Osun State is doing so well then let’s see it, why are you hiding it from us. Its basic common sense, if Osun State has such a low poverty rate, then it MUST have nice parts.
What is Sub-Urban England?
Is Manilla more beautiful than London, for example? That’s a matter of opinion, but one thing is for sure, Manilla has serious poverty in it, whereas no such thing exists in England.

lool... I can show you Hotels, Golf courses, some tarred roads, Unspoiled natural beauty, Restaurants, Universities and institutions of higher Education Etc located in Osun.... But what would be the point?
Showing pictures of "beautiful" corners of an entire state does not tell 1/10 the story... not to mention that it is extremely immature and foolish...
Serious people deal in stats. physical people are looking for pictures of 'Big buildings' and 'Mansions' located right next to dirty pot holled / untarred roads, where standard of living is ridiculously high, and sanitation is abysmally poor.
Shalom smiley

5 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Sheggy13(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:
The rest of their criteria are neither here nor there.
The only reason Osun and SW will be ahead of SE in the Oxford university poverty rate measurement is if they used SW and Osun bogus and cooked up GDP figures, which I suspect is likely the scenario here.
You people are just pathetic. White people in Oxford University will cook up figures to support Osun ahead of SE states. What's the rationale behind such lame line of reasoning by you? Cos Aregbesola promised to bribe them for that or what. I know if they had put the whole 5 SE states as numbers 1 to 5, you'd have been praising them saying they're correct even though u know a state like Ebonyi can never have a better poverty index over places like Ondo and Ogun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
cheesy Imagine comparing poverty endowed (LOL) to Eastcoast.

People that their state governor are still campaigning with food in this 21st century

FUFU ODOURLESS

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:

UN conducted no such study. The. study was conducted by Oxford university and published in UNDP reports. How hard is this to understand?

Is UNDP not an arm of UN on developmental programmes?

Will UNDP just take any report and publish it in its report without being sure of the authenticity and veracity of such reports?

You are a clown.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by lifeisshort1: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
telim:
how can kwara sate be 80% of yoruba and other tribes owning the remaining 20%. Pls, Stop spreading false claim on nairaland.
In fact ill say kwara is 90 % yoruba, with fulani and nupe dem forming a very tiny minority. Yoruba is the languge of communication every where in the state, almost all d indigines bear yoruba names. I wonder why they have' north' as an appelation

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Sheggy13:

You people are just pathetic. White people in Oxford University will cook up figures to support Osun ahead of SE states. What's the rationale behind such lame line of reasoning by you? Cos Aregbesola promised to bribe them for that or what. I know if they had put the whole 5 SE states as numbers 1 to 5, you'd have been praising them saying they're correct even though u know a state like Ebonyi can never have a better poverty index over places like Ondo and Ogun.

Lol! Any stat that placed SE ahead of SW is likely correct, as that's the reality on ground. They would only be supporting the reality on ground.

Any stat that publishes any thing contrary to that, of course has to be questioned.

If you say that water( liquid drinking water) is liquid, no one would want to know how you arrived at such conclusion, as it's obvious, but when you say that water is solid, then you must be ready to tell us why, since it's obvious to all that you could be blind.

Same applies here. Any stat that placed Osun ahead of Anambra in any human development index, must be obviously flawed, it doesn't matter where the stat is coming from.

On a lighter note, good a thing you lots are beginning to accept the fact that the stat from OPHDI was conducted by Oxford university and not UN like the OP claimed.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
Pls don't bore me. Did he get undue advantage from those in power or not? His cement for example was a case of deliberate monopoly orchestrated by obj and schemed out his main rival ibeto.

Innoson is going places and enjoying higher patronage far and wide. Ponder on that smiley

Ibeto was importing and Dangote was producing within the country and you expect FG not to protect the local company, that is providing employment opportunities, paying taxes and not using up our FX, in relation to the same Ibeto doing otherwise as at then.

Your innoson is not different from PAN. So.let us hear word. PAN is assembling french cars, while innoson is assembling Chinese cars.

Proforce is in Ogun State assemblying Armoured Personnel Carriers and armouring of vehicles. Who is making noise over them?

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
DikeOha882:
cheesy Imagine comparing poverty endowed (LOL) to Eastcoast.

People that their state governor are still campaigning with food in this 21st century

FUFU ODOURLESS

Still better than all the Irregularities and Political killing machines that ran Amok in the South East and SS, in these previous elections, with many lives lost in the process......
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by lifeworth247(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Northern states dey born too much, how money go take reach/do them...Even though all the federal developments are put in their states,they will still be poor. .They can't do without dagger and the reason their people come to east and south in search of money/greener pastures... It's high time they check their population like China and put more into education so that the sharia teachings should be rehabilitated... There can't be development, peace and progress when there is wars... World war 2 is over...You have the food basket, labour workforce, cheaper standard of living Many of you are the oga at the tops/federal parastatals in the country yet its doing more harm than good...SEEK PEACE AND EMBRACE IT,STOP THE KILLINGS AND THE WARS...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

Is UNDP not an arm of UN on developmental programmes?

Will UNDP just take any report and publish it in its report without being sure of the authenticity and veracity of such reports?

You are a clown.

UNDP will of course quote any stat from Oxford university on its report, after all Oxford is a reputable uni. But if Oxford stat is not in tandem with realities on ground, then it must be queried.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by no2fuks(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
rdokoye:

The stats are based on an independent study, which from the looks of things, appeared to have been minimally funded. So it’s not official, not in the slightest, so you can take these stats with a grain of salt.

I advice that you use the link and see where it leads you to or better yet use goggle to check for the Oxford poverty human and initiative and see what pops up.

its all bs tbh once there is a flaw you cant take the whole thing serious. the figures are unreliable
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:

UNDP will of course quote any stat from Oxford university on its report, after all Oxford is a reputable uni. But if Oxford stat is not in tandem with realities on ground, then it must be queried.

Thank God you have enough brain to recognise an undeniable fact that Oxford is a reputable Uni.

In your effort to query a well carried out research by a reputable Uni and published in the report of another reputable organisation, don't you think commissioning another reputable organisation to carry out another research, using the previously used indices would have been more tenable than the buccal cavity exercise you are doing for nothing?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
donedy:
I wonder where exactly this bigot got his/her statistics. These are the real stats. Please informed people should do their calculation. SW is actually third based on mere scanning over it.

I think Aregbe inability to pay teachers is having gross effect on the populace analytical skills.

REGIONAL AVERAGES FROM LOWEST
1 = South South
2 = South East
3 = South West

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:

The funny part is that you saw all the criteria they used..... and I actually commend you for trying to puncture their methodology...
BUT YOU FAILED WOEFULLY....lmao

That was how you were claiming the other day that Igbos were almost twice as Populous as Yorubas in another thread, based on some observation made by some sick foreigner in 1921......
You were lauding that publication as "acceptable", because it was done by a foreigner.... even though, it had no touch what-so-ever with reality... You are here in this thread, doing the exact opposite.
Welldone, you hear...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
When you talk about assasination you talk about Southwest (have you forgotten about Operation Watie) in 1963? It continues till 2015
scholes0:

Still better than all the Irregularities and Political killing machines that ran Amok in the South East and SS, in these previous elections, with many lives lost in the process......
you guys were arguing that you have a better standard of living whenyour ELITES are still campaigning with ordinary food. Tell me if its not poverty

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Itisudo: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=basilo101 post=35359912]
very high of course. Though They lack beautifuly cities but more than 80% of dia towns are semi urban
Anambrains are the most organized people in nigeria. See wikipedia.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

Ibeto was importing and Dangote was producing within the country and you expect FG not to protect the local company, that is providing employment opportunities, paying taxes and not using up our FX, in relation to the same Ibeto doing otherwise as at then.

Your innoson is not different from PAN. So.let us hear word. PAN is assembling french cars, while innoson is assembling Chinese cars.

Proforce is in Ogun State assemblying Armoured Personnel Carriers and armouring of vehicles. Who is making noise over them?
Both ibeto and dangoye were importing, dangote only started producing only after he amassed Immense wealth from his govt aided monopoly.

Innoson is a wholly Nigerian coy doing manufacturing and assemblage with locally sourced materials. Don't compare its operation to PAN and stop being clever by halves. And where is your PAN today?

what on earth is pro force? mtcheww. well you can keep making unnecessary noise after all shouting is in your DNA smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
Brainwox:
Abeg park well, I'm from osun and leave among the people here in the state, the level of poverty here is so high that only God can answer to it. What contributed most to this is the way the citizens swallow whatever the governor tells them hook, line and sinker. Imagin that iiidiot saying osun is riccher than the whole of south east. Anyways, Osun is richer than south east on paper but far far poorer than Zamfara state in reality.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
Both ibeto and dangoye were importing, dangote only started producing only after he amassed Immense wealth from his govt aided monopoly.

Innoson is a wholly Nigerian coy doing manufacturing and assemblage with locally soured materials. Don't compared its operation to PAN and stop being clever by halves. And where is your PAN today?

what on earth is pro force? mtcheww. well you can keep making unnecessary noise after all shouting is in your DNA smiley

See this deluded fella.

Both of them were importing and OBJ banned importation and it suddenly affected only Ibeto? What a logic.

Dangote was producing and your Ibeto was importing, wasting CBN's FX, causing unemployment etc and you expect a reasonable government to look the other way? What a logic!!!

OBJ banned importation of fruit juices into the country and all of a sudden companies started producing them in Nigeria, creating employment and saving the nation's FX. The same happened in the Cement industry. It is just the usual bush baby whinin g tendencies of igbos that made the banning of importation of cement to look as if, it was targeted towards Ibeto? Is Nigeria not self reliant in Cement production now? Have we not created employment? Yeye dey smell.

How will you know ProForce, when your world begins and ends in alaigbo!!!

There are Chinese in Innoson's plant, just as there are frenchs in PAN. Your Innoson is not manufacturing cars. It is a car assembly plant. Learn to use the appropriate word.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
DikeOha882:
When you talk about assasination you talk about Southwest (have you forgotten about Operation Watie) in 1963? It continues till 2015 you guys were arguing that you have a better standard of living whenyour ELITES are still campaigning with ordinary food. Tell me if its not poverty

stay there, and keep acting, that you dont know that ALL POLITICIANS from across Nigeria donate/share/dispense/whaterver food to their electorate " to earn their goodwill"
What is Obiano governor of the great Anambra state where the streets are paved in gold, and Billionairs grace every street corner, doing here again .... ??

Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/25666-obiano-starts-2018-governorship-campaign-with-bags-of-rice
You people are the perfect examples of Hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by totit: 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

See this deluded fella.

Both of them were importing and OBJ banned importation and it suddenly affected only Ibeto? What a logic.

Dangote was producing and your Ibeto was importing, wasting CBN's FX, causing unemployment etc and you expect a reasonable government to look the other way? What a logic!!!

OBJ banned importation of fruit juices into the country and all of a sudden companies started producing them in Nigeria, creating employment and saving the nation's FX. The same happened to the Cement industry. It is just the usual bush baby whining tendencies of igbos that made the banning.of importation of cement to look.as if, it was targeted towards I be to? Is Nigeria not self reliant in Cement production? Have we not created employment? Yeye dey smell.

How will you know ProForce, when your world begins and ends in alaigbo!!!

There are Chinese in Innoson's plant, just as there are frenchs in PAN. Your Innoson is not.manufacturing car, it is a car assembly plant.

Perfect answer, and taking into consideration the GDP of SW en

SS
$75B

SW
$79B
SW without Lagos
$46B

SE
$37B

NC
$30B
NC + FCT
$35B

NW
$44B

NE
$22B
source: http://services.gov.ng/states

source: http://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

The SW does well in both statistical data and is probably the region that is trying the hardest to reduce its dependence of oil. If the Yorubas contributed so little to SW GDP, why can't other tribes replicate the SW development in their own states? Why is it that 4 Yorubas are in the top ten richest Nigerian list when Yorubas only make up 21% of the population?

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:

stay there, and keep acting, that you dont know that ALL POLITICIANS from across Nigeria donate/share/dispense/whaterver food to their electorate " to earn their goodwill"
What is Obiano governor of the great Anambra state doing here again??

Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/25666-obiano-starts-2018-governorship-campaign-with-bags-of-rice
You people are the perfect examples of Hypocrites

Are you just knowing them?

They always shout meritocracy and they never voted for Soludo, Otti, Ndukwe and Ngige. They will rather vote for the likes Orji Uzor Kalu, Theodore Orji and that old man of Ebonyi.

They are just bunch of noise making clowns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by emmatok(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
donedy:
I wonder where exactly this bigot got his/her statistics. These are the real stats. Please informed people should do their calculation. SW is actually third based on mere scanning over it.

I think Aregbe inability to pay teachers is having gross effect on the populace analytical skills.

REGIONAL AVERAGES FROM LOWEST
1 = South South
2 = South East
3 = South West

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".

You can even comprehend the statistics you posted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / APC Matters In Pictures / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.