Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

See What This Driver Did To His Boss - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See What This Driver Did To His Boss (600 Views)

Read What Olubadan Did To Igbo Community Leader In Ibadan / Photo: Look At What This 6 Yoruba Women Did To Arik Ait / See What Police Did To Our Community Women Some Days Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What This Driver Did To His Boss by bugativeron: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
I have never visited culture section before, but I couldn't think of where else to post this.

A driver close to me in my office that was employed 4 months ago was finally paid today. The company culture is such that some third part people are paid 3months after resumption. So this drive under my operations though does not drive me but operation vehicle had borrowed money from me to pay some family bills.
However instead of the normal 3months pay he was paid 1month which is 45k with plan that hewill be paid balance at the end of the month.

He was confused because he was owing his landlord with a promise to pay this month end when he is paid, his children school fees are also due and they will be sent away from writing exam.

So the 45k cant go no where because landlord alone is 80k.

Today I called him in the field to confirm if he had some money on him to which he said yes. So I asked him to go pay 5k into an account on my behalf that when he comes in I will give it back to him. He went to pay the money, so I waited for him in the office.

When he came we were talking and he said to me that he wants to see me. So i asked him over. He said he wants to return the money I borrowed him, so I asked which money? he said during the month. oh, 10k? I asked, he said noooo, it was 15k. Well I cant really remember. So i asked him, if you give me 15k how much will you have left to give your landlord, children school fees and housekeeping. But to be candid i am presently broke, cos i am working on a house project so all my salary as it came in went into some payment for the house. Infact i was still pleading with my wife that when they pay her as a civil servant she should give me some money to survive the month with.

So i was happy when he mentioned wanting to return the money, but something struck. This is a guy with myriads of problem but still wants to pay his debt out of the little income he got. A young man, If it was me I would have gone to tell the boss my story with the plan to say well I cant pay you now until later. But he said his mind was there since he already promised to pay back.

The lesson for me is that i dont have excuse for not paying back my debt no matter what. So i gave him the 5k he paid into an account for me and told him to keep the 15k until when they pay his balance salary the following month. But why is it that some of us look for excuse not to pay our debt?

Nairalanders over to you.

1 Like

Re: See What This Driver Did To His Boss by sammer4life(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
undecided tongue
Re: See What This Driver Did To His Boss by donholy28(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Seriously I thought something was up...but i found out that ur talking trash
Re: See What This Driver Did To His Boss by okenna1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
thought u were coming up wit something serious......... nonsense
Re: See What This Driver Did To His Boss by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
9ce 1; I personally feel very uneasy when I owe people; as a matter of fact; I never borrow! (God have blessed me; n I'm content with wat I have).

1 Like

Re: See What This Driver Did To His Boss by bugativeron: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Raymondenyi:
9ce 1; I personally feel very uneasy when I owe people; as a matter of fact; I never borrow! (God have blessed me; n I'm content with wat I have).

Hmmm. I like ur habit

(1) (Reply)

Tribe / . / DEL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.