Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,214 members, 7,807,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije (2452 Views)

Here’s How Omotola Jalade Is Bonding With Her Children At Home / Onyi Alex Kisses Alexx Ekubo On Set. Check Out His Facial Expression / Genevieve Nnaji's Look To Oba Of Benin Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
The American cinematographer, Keith L. Smith, that worked on the award-winning movie, Ije, has confirmed that the perceived rivalry between two Nollywood heavyweights, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Genevieve Nnaji was pronounced on the set of the movie. However, he also noted that the duo were able to manage their rivalry on set in such a way that it didn’t interfere with their performance.

In a new chat with E24-7 magazine's editor in chief Biodun Kupoluyi, Keith said:

What’s your opinion about Omotola’s acting skills?

I worked with her on “Ije” and she was amazing and talented. She’s one of the most professional actors I’ve worked with. I’ve been shooting in Hollywood for about 17 years now, and to me she is one of the best. She was really focused. When I met the director of the movie, I was told that Omotola was the Angelina Jolie of Nigeria.

There is this perceived rivalry between Genevieve and Omotola, did they display this on set?
Let me tell you something: it was amazing. I did not see it, but I felt it. However, they were very professional with the way they got along. I knew there was something between them, and I had heard of it. But when they got in front of the camera, they put all that behind them, but whenever they finished their scenes, they went their separate ways.

What was the chemistry like between them off-set?
There wasn’t much. They both had their groups, and they were just distant. There wasn’t friction, but I noticed that they were apart from one another. They never hung out together. However, they’re both big stars.

Will you like to work with her (Omotola) again?
Yes, I’ll love to work with her again. I was very impressed with her.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/07/how-omotola-genevieve-nnaji-managed.html

Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
work na work!

One just have to 4get any rift and work together to achieve the success.

I like the way they acted.
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
Professionalism at it best. Their rivalry made me watch the movie & I must say their display of maturity in the movie was top notch. Next stop D'banj & Don Jazzy or wizkid & Davido
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by darmys(f): 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
i loved this movie
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by doreenvee(f): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
I think we shouldn't be bothered since the two are not fighting in public. undecided undecided
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by viceldo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
noted
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by oluwadamilolah(f): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
Omosexy
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by RedCard1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
oluwadamilolah:
Omosexy
Genny
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nicecombinasoncombination.cheesy. I'll always like them acting together anytime,any day.
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by dubylhover(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
that ije of a movie didnt really impress me d way i wanted it to sha sad,too many cooks.....i feel omotola is a far better actress than genny

1 Like

Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 02, 2015
american cinematographer? No wonder dat movie looked so good. Unlike dat bag of sh*t 30 days in atlanta.

Secondly, i'm very sure their rivalry flourished out of unecessary comparisons from nigerians. undecided
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by pretydiva(f): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2015
These 2 should reconcile n let bygone b bygone. They r both gud in wat dey no hw 2 do best
Re: How Omotola & Genevieve Nnaji Managed Their Rivalry On Set Of Ije by sparkleRed(f): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2015
Ow can they reconcile wen Nigerians! Keep comparing! U will see omotola and genny who is more talented, more accomplished, and u knw omosexy is married with children genny has a child outsyd wedlock, dat one go come bring another trouble again

(1) (Reply)

Richard Mofe-damijo Shares Funny Throwback Passport Of Comedian Ay(pictured) / SHOCKER! N#D Pictures Of Late Nigerian Pastor Oduyemi’s Daughter Le@ks Online... / Shocking: Lady Buried For 8 Months By Boyfriend For Rituals, Survives - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.