Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man (59441 Views)

Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Tuntheycr7: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]This morning, as I landed in Lagos, I made to the
nearest GTB to transact. The queue from inside
the banking hall to the bank entrance was crazy.
They are customers who wanna register for their
BVN, I was told. Today is the last day for
registration, they said. I wished them well as I
aligned with the shorter queue for customers
who wanna deposit cash.
Soon, from the BVN queue, a woman began to
scream. The only thing I was able to pick from
the scream, 'se ori meji loni ni? (does he have
two heads?' I stepped out of my queue, to go
and gbeborun, to see what or who was
tormenting this woman. These GTB staff that are
always garbed in white military-like uniform; are
they drivers or security men? About three of
them had just came in with one whiteman. And
they took the whiteman straight to the lady at
the BVN desk. And the lady, too, was already
attending to the whiteman while the queue
watched, and waited, except this woman.
For a moment, I observed things. The woman
screaming against this white supremacy on the
soil of Africa is one local market woman. I
figured through her dressing, the way she tied
her purse around her waist, and when she
lamented that they left their wares to come join
this queue since they heard the exercise was
gonna close today. The men in white and the
whiteman weren't bothered by the woman's
noise. It was a case of allowing the dog bark all
it can till it can bark no more. The people on the
queue were indifferent. Some of them, their
looks carried the undertone, 'shey this woman
wey dey shout want oyinbo to join the queue ni?
Haba!'
I stepped into the circle, calming the woman.
And then, I took the fight from there. I banged
the desk twice, and instantly I got everyone's
attention. How can these men in white bring this
man in and wouldn't tell him to join the queue? I
began. Hey madam, pointing to GTB staff by the
BVN desk, you can only attend to this man when
he joins the queue! Who are you? One of the
idiots in white turned at me. I jega'ed him. I am
a ten year old customer of GTB, I said, with a
brief smile. At this point, everything stood still.
Tell this man to join the queue, I insisted. When
the whiteman's eyes met mine, I expected him to
talk. He didn't. I did the talking. Is this how you
do from where you come from, huh? I threw into
his face. Is this how you will connive with staff
to jump over the queue when at the Barclays
Bank in London or the Royal Bank in Edinburgh
or Dime Savings Bank of New York? Ha, we don't
do like that here in Nigeria o. We follow due-
process. Mafi bredi komi lomi obe je, ogbeni
oyinbo! L'Eko Ile? Oma to sori queue yen ni se.
He folded his arms and looked on imperiously.
At this point, the bank top officials had gathered
around. There were attempts to 'rescue' the
whiteman to their office upstairs. I halted it. The
moment I noticed, I told them that if they go
attend to the whiteman upstairs, I will tell
everyone on the queue to march upstairs, too.
And then, they resorted to begging. And even the
woman whose fight I had taken ownership of
started to beg me. Otito Baba Oko mi, she
pleaded. No, oyinbo MUST join the queue! Their
pleading fuelled my anger. What is that?
These things that come with neo-imperialism
sha. I've also heard about how whitemen smoke
in places marked No Smoking at the Nigerian
airport, and they go, without being penalised as
would Nigerian offenders.[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152856338971604&id=634706603&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6166416382351678044%3Amf_story_key.4112461617368883571%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

682 Likes 88 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by INTROVERT(f): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Reading

Very funny tongue

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Galaxypoduction: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
2+2=what?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is the problem we experience cos of arse licking and inferiority complex.

Three gbosa to the Op for a job well done.

Lalasticlala, this deserve Fp because the Op is a real Nwa afor

*chilling in West Germany with President Michelle doing her pedicure*

233 Likes 12 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Emekamex(m): 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
Will this make Osibanjo and El Rufai taller? If not, I don't really care.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
Pic pls¿¿¿¿¿

Xoxo sad some Nigerians wud still wait till October b4 they register theirs

6 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
It's very annoying
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by LOC1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
What a shame. Its a pity that even after the abolishment of the slave trade, most blacks are still treated as slaves. So, na we cum get the whole day to stand for queue.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by bigtt76(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
OK
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by holicalpha(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
That's why most whites think they are better than us(although they're pretty good)We Worship them and Look down on our fellow Brothers.

See those mumu South Africans for example.

22 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by jamex93(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
bros God go bless u

i dont know what dose oyinbo ppl tink dey are

and some Nigerians en, because of 1000 naira dem turn fools

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by mistabiola: 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
wink Story by timaya cheesy cheesy But the ending wasn't perfect; Waiting for Episode 2 grin cheesy

39 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by tohpahz(f): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Op.. i like u jare.. u did well.
I dunno who owns this country anymore.. oyinbo or Nigerians..
Oh chim!
Just because his skin is white,he can do waheva he likes shey.. ((bleaching on my mind grin)

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by ultrazone(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
sdfghytredc

5 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Shaadey: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
Love the superstory...e too sweet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by lekinz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ohga Ooooooh, we re being treated like a slave in our country ...

He's a white man, am a black man, what's the diff the skin pigment , we re both human, but the fact that he's white makes him superior right

Na so them go dey call our mother's tongue vernacular . We will be ban from speaking our languages in schools and institutions and the foreign language will be introduced ..

Smh ..

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by LyfeJennings(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
God bless U

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Holyfield1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
I think one of the major problem we are having here is Inferiority complex...
While would they be giving preferential treatment
to a white man here when they do not even give a f**k about us in their own country..

The white man in question might even be a Lebanese sef... grin grin grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by yomalex(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Tr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by writetopoker: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
tooo. lenghty no pisure
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by ladyF(f): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Lol
But if u have never jumped queue before, be the first to cast a stone. E don tey wey all of us dey jump queue, white and black. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by In2systemsTech(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
ok... next time, do not type with notepad... Use Ms Word... thanks for sharing.... Wish Seun can introduce a facebook share link... I would have shared your story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by priscaoge(f): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Op d story is incomplete or do u want me to click that link for episode 2 angryangry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by medwhite0: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015

3 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Tuntheycr7: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
LOC1:
What a shame. Its a pity that even after the abolishment of the slave trade, most blacks are still treated as slaves. So, na we cum get the whole day to stand for queue.

I think one of the major problem we are having here is Inferiority complex...
While would they be giving preferential treatment
to a white man here when they do not even give a ph.. k about us in their own country..

The white man in question might even be a Lebanese sef...

7 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Sunofgod(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nice . . . I get piss..ed off also when I see such bulls..hit (go ask my boss!)

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by yemifm(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
who then will deliver us from slavery?
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by youngvizzy1(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Eya! Cool story grin

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Tic4tac(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Very annoying
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by ThisMeansWAR: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
good one op
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Connoisseur(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nairalanders are everywhere. I expect a joinder to this story either for or against

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.