Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. (21269 Views)

Consumers To Pay N450,000 For Bypassing Meters – NERC / Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Understanding Land Sizes And Measurement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Can somebody kindly kelp me know the measurement to use for a standard master bedroom size?

The size for a master bathroom room in meters please?

Size for a kitchen and dining room in meters too?

Size of a corridor in meters?

I already did my own measurements for my house and yet to have the plan drawn but i want to be advice by experience people on here as i know nothing in construction work.

I measured my own house to be 5 meter square and bathroom 1.8 by 5m

My mom houses as 4.5 meter square.
main sitting room at 5m by 6m

Kindly advice me.
Waiting
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by odinese(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
80m
500inches wide
1 cool cool cool cool inches tall
2 grin grin grin grin inches tall.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
In meters i said
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
bigjallow:
Can somebody kindly kelp me know the measurement to use for a standard master bedroom size?

The size for a master bathroom room in meters please?

Size for a kitchen and dining room in meters too?

Size of a corridor in meters?

I already did my own measurements for my house and yet to have the plan drawn but i want to be advice by experience people on here as i know nothing in construction work.

I measured my own house to be 5 meter square and bathroom 1.8 by 5m

My mom houses as 4.5 meter square.
main sitting room at 5m by 6m

Kindly advice me.
Waiting

Bro, stop that cutting of corners, boycotting of professionals. Give the job to professionals to design and determine the sizes of each partition of that house plan based on plot size.

By the way, the measurements are wrong.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
The land is 30 meters length by 15 meters

width
lomomike:

Bro, stop that cutting of corners, boycotting of professionals. Give the job to professionals to design and determine the sizes of each partition of that house plan based on plot size.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
bigjallow:
The land is 30 meters length by 15 meters

width

Did you buy from urban/land authority or resellers?
Where are you located?
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Am from The Gambia

lomomike:

Did you buy from urban/land authority or resellers?
Where are you located?

Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
bigjallow:
Am from The Gambia

In planning urban centres, contrary to what lot of people believes, there's no 1 single standard size for plot of land, lands are subdivided based on density/income level.
In most parts of Nigeria, the division for residential plots are
1. Low income earners/high density zone is 300 sqmtrs,

2. Medium income earners/medium density zone: 600sqmtrs,

High income earners/Low density zone: 1,000-1,500 sqmtrs.
However, this rules varies base on density. In high density areas such as Lagos, don't be surprise to find the piece of land divided smaller.
That said, I'll advice you visit a town planner and ask him the following questions (they're very important).

1. What are the various sizes of plots being subdivided in Gambia with respect to density?

2. What's the space standards for rooms in Gambia?

To your plot size,Your plot is 15mx30m which is 450sqmtrs, in Nigeria, that is still a low income earner plot or some places with high density will classify it as a medium density zone plot division.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 12:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Sorry sir but am confuse with the density things you are talking about... We don't take look of all that when buying a land in my country. We only buy a land where there is no stagnant water and is level even when it rains cats and dogs.

My land size is 15 by 30...

I am trying to build a 3 bedroom, kitchen, dinning, and store. As i put it at the start, i draw a rough paper by measuiring my own house as 4.5m by 5m with my bathroom measuring 1.8m.

My mom house the same with a bathroom too

Mt sisters house will be 4.5m sqare with no bathroom

I want to be advice whether this is good or big alot that is all
lomomike:

In planning urban centres, contrary to what lot of people believes, there's no 1 single standard size for plot of land, lands are subdivided based on density/income level.
In most parts of Nigeria, the division for residential plots are
1. Low income earners/high density zone is 300 sqmtrs,

2. Medium income earners/medium density zone: 600sqmtrs,

High income earners/Low density zone: 1,000-1,500 sqmtrs.
However, this rules varies base on density. In high density areas such as Lagos, don't be surprise to find the piece of land divided smaller.
That said, I'll advice you visit a town planner and ask him the following questions (they're very important).

1. What are the various sizes of plots being subdivided in Gambia with respect to density?

2. What's the space standards for rooms in Gambia?

To your plot size,Your plot is 15mx30m which is 450sqmtrs, in Nigeria, that is still a low income earner plot or some places with high density will classify it as a medium density zone plot division.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by architizer(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
alright,,firstly get the site survey plan,,so as to know the real measurement of the proposed land ,,for standard master'bedroom,,it measures 4m by 4m,,,for kitchen that harbours window,,,with the lenght of each window,being,,3m by 2.5m so as to contain kitchen cabinet and other kitchen app,,and for verandah,,or balcony,,,its 3m by 2m ,,,,then lobby,,should be 1.2m or 1.5m...depending on your chioce of space,,thanks,,Architizer.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
Thanks so much for giving me those measurements but you left one out which is the size of the sitting room. Lastly from all the measurement, can you kindly tell me how many blocks i would be needing to erect such a house to completion level?

architizer:
alright,,firstly get the site survey plan,,so as to know the real measurement of the proposed land ,,for standard master'bedroom,,it measures 4m by 4m,,,for kitchen that harbours window,,,with the lenght of each window,being,,3m by 2.5m so as to contain kitchen cabinet and other kitchen app,,and for verandah,,or balcony,,,its 3m by 2m ,,,,then lobby,,should be 1.2m or 1.5m...depending on your chioce of space,,thanks,,Architizer.
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by architizer(m): 1:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Laughs,,,sitting room shouldnt exceed 5m by 5m,,or 4,5m by 5m for a well sitting room with editable interior designs,,and for the number of blocks needed to buld it,,firstly,,get the perimeter of that land,,like i opined earlier,,the perimeter means the land size in dimension,,then get the perimeter of your plan,,that is,,the dimension of the total plan,,,plus it together,,if the dimensions are in feet,convert all to meter,because currently modern engineers makes use of meter not feet,,after the sum,,divide it with the dimension of your walls, say 3:6m or 3m depending on your choice of wall,,but from my own view,,since you aint with those plans and dimension,,let me pen down my own rough estimation,,if its 6inch block, one bag of cement will produce 30blocks,,then one trip of sand will consume 8bags of cement,,do the sum,,approximately 3,621 blocks,,plus 300 blocks for substructure....so load up 8trips of sand and buy 80bags of cement,,,,but i would love it,,if i should see the proposed plan,,just floor plan nothing much,,but if you aint with it,,go with my rough estimation,,thanks,,architizer,,
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by adebaxton(m): 5:39am On Jul 06, 2015
You can maintain a 5.5m by 6.0m for the sitting room, Master bedroom sizes varies depending on your preference 4.6m by 4.6m should be spaciously okay, maintain corridor at width 1.5m.
W/C and Bath space is okay at 1.8m by 2.4m.

Calculation of blocks can be very easy with this logic : 6 inch hollow block is 18 inches at length and 2 (18inch X 2= 32inch i.e 3ft) hollow blocks makes 3feet when bonded.

If the length of the proposed building is 80 ft , 80ft divided by 3ft = 26.667 X 2 blocks = 53.3334 approx 54 Blocks ( for a side)
Mathematically you can accurately calculate the number of blocks needed for load bearing and non loading bearing walls.

Calculation/Estimation of materials are accurately done with the availability of a building plan for the proposed project.

Reach Us: 08058307787
Email: access2m@yahoo.com
access2m@hotmail.com
Re: I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls.. by bigjallow: 3:03am On Jul 07, 2015
biggijallow@gmail.com

do you have any house plan for any such type of a house?...

Sorry the building will measure 12 meters by 16 meters

Thank you very much sir, your info really help me. In my country the Gambia we usually build houses with 5' and 6' blocks. Mostly the 5 inch is used for fencing but most also use it on building houses. The 6' block is mostly use when building storey buildings but all this blocks are solid and we have a good quality sand so we use both blocks in building any type of houses. Now people have started using 6' blocks even when building 3 or 4 bedroom houses as foundation then complete the top with 5' blocks. My land is 15 meters by 30 meters. from your measurements i can even build 4 bedrooms but i choose 3 bedrooms, 1 sitting room, 2 bathrooms both toilet and bathroom in one room, kitchen, dinning and store. I choose 3 bedrooms so that i can have enough space. I only need one more thing from you. From your measurements how many blocks do you think will be enough to complete a 3 bedroom house with a sitting room, store, dinning and 2 bathrooms? We are currently molding 100 bags of cement. Ok i remember one thing too, how many blocks do you think i can have from a bag of cement for the 5' mould? Some saying 35 and some 40 and i even read 50. I want to build my house in no hurry so that i can have it solid. I have no knowledge at all in building so your advice is helping me so much

Thank you ones more

adebaxton:
You can maintain a 5.5m by 6.0m for the sitting room, Master bedroom sizes varies depending on your preference 4.6m by 4.6m should be spaciously okay, maintain corridor at width 1.5m.
W/C and Bath space is okay at 1.8m by 2.4m.

Calculation of blocks can be very easy with this logic : 6 inch hollow block is 18 inches at length and 2 (18inch X 2= 32inch i.e 3ft) hollow blocks makes 3feet when bonded.

If the length of the proposed building is 80 ft , 80ft divided by 3ft = 26.667 X 2 blocks = 53.3334 approx 54 Blocks ( for a side)
Mathematically you can accurately calculate the number of blocks needed for load bearing and non loading bearing walls.

Calculation/Estimation of materials are accurately done with the availability of a building plan for the proposed project.

Bldr. Adebayo Ademola A.
08027277744, 08066640003
access2m@hotmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Amosun At The Scene Of Collapsed Shopping Complex In Abeokuta / Fire Guts Club Medusa In Osogbo, Osun (Photos) / Funny Houses You Will See Only In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.