Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Could This Be A Scam?????? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could This Be A Scam?????? (2456 Views)

UPDATE!! Okon Godwin A Scam?? / Open Cloud Communications Nigeria Limited Is A Scam, Job Seekers Please Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be A Scam?????? by huxxain(m): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hello NairaLanders, this is the first time I am posting something on Nairaland. I really need your advise.
A guy named Micheal Lectora from Edinburgh, Scotland (see. Pic below) sent me a request via pinshare on BBM three days ago. After little introduction, he asked me if i have a cam on my computer that we can have a video chat with? He prefer that for better communication as he is not always online on bbm. I told him I don't have a computer which is true.
He askedd me what I do for a living, and I told him am a husler which is not true. I also asked him what he does and he said he is a software engineer with Apple and I told him I love apple product, it is the best and so on. That's how it ended on the first day.

Next morning he sent me a message that he was thinking if he send me an apple mac probook laptop that can enable me chat with him on cam, will you accept It? I said YES! And he said he will send it to me. That's how it ended on the second day.

Ont the third day which waas yesterday, he sent me a message in the morning that he needs my details in order to sent the laptop which I did.

This night he sent me another message that he have successfully sent me the apple mac laptop I promised, he forwarded the details shortly. Th cargo said the item goes down to their office, so he included 900 pounds in the parcel just in case i have to take care of anything and also to purchase a good internet plan.

He sent me a reciept that it is the flight airway bill you will use to receive the package when it has arrived in my country which he is sure would be by tonight or in the morning as it is an express delivery. That i should go through the receipt he sent to me becuase he was told thaty i should contact the customers officers number on the bill to know the status of the package.

I promised to call the customer officer tomorrow morning.

WHAT DO YOU THINK NAIRALANDER, COULD THIS BE REAL?

Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by Galaxypoduction: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
It might be so. Just be careful if he asks for money.
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by marshalcarter: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Go nd check ni...if na BOMB!!!!!...u're OYO
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by dulux07(m): 12:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Sounds like scam, but u never can tell. i will advice u to go d british airways website, use d code on d receipt confirmby tracking, n call d customer care number on d website not d one on d receipt.
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by solodox(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2015
marshalcarter:
Go nd check ni...if na BOMB!!!!!...u're OYO

Lol about the bomb...
Its a scam alright! when u call in the morning u will be told that the package went to their abuja office and you are to send 7k or thereabouts so they can forward it to you via courier...
What i need you to do when they spin their bull is to be cool and tell them you would be glad to pay on delivery!
Thats when they'll get funny!
Go have fun! Be sure to let us know how it went.
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by solodox(m): 12:13am On Jul 02, 2015
dulux07:
Sounds like scam, but u never can tell. i will advice u to go d british airways website, use d code on d receipt confirmby tracking, n call d customer care number on d website not d one on d receipt.

yup, nacho handles all of BAs cargoes!
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by chidekings(m): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2015
u never can tell.anyway be vigilant if he asks of money or ur atm no.
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by marshalcarter: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2015
solodox:

Lol about the bomb...
Its a scam alright! when u call in the morning u will be told that the package went to their abuja office and you are to send 7k or thereabouts so they can forward it to you via courier...
What i need you to do when they spin their bull is to be cool and tell them you would be glad to pay on delivery!
L cheesy L

Anyway....bros..just 1k is enough for me ooo
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by solodox(m): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2015
marshalcarter:
7k L cheesy L

Anyway....bros..just 1k is enough for me ooo
The joke is on them bro! Lwmmsfb!
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by huxxain(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
solodox:

Lol about the bomb...

Youu are right, they told me the pakage is in LAgos and I am to send 7.5k to the customer care agent Mr. Tennisson Atake GTB 0159870160. They refused pay on delivery option. Thanks :-)

1 Like

Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by huxxain(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin Thank you guys, it was a. Scamm. They want me to pay 7.5k into a GT. Acct with the name Tennisson Atake before my package will be delivered
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by solodox(m): 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
huxxain:

Youu are right, they told me the pakage is in LAgos and I am to send 7.5k to the customer care agent Mr. Tennisson Atake GTB 0159870160. They refused pay on delivery option. Thanks :-)

lolz... it is what it is bro!

1 Like

Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by seangy4konji: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
THEY HAVE SCAMMED YOU...

YOU BETTER NOT SEND ANY MONEY COS YOU WILL NOT GET ANYSHIT AND THEY WILL DELETE YOU LIKE SAY RAPTURE JUST HAPPENED.

OTE...
Re: Could This Be A Scam?????? by solodox(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
seangy4konji:
THEY HAVE SCAMMED YOU...

YOU BETTER NOT SEND ANY MONEY COS YOU WILL NOT GET ANYSHIT AND THEY WILL DELETE YOU LIKE SAY RAPTURE JUST HAPPENED.

OTE...

dude chillax... did you even read the posts in the thread before you posted spoil?

(1) (Reply)

Awka War … Confra Nor Be Lifestyle / Yoruba - Hausa Clash As Okada Rider Kills Keke Association Chairman In Ejigbo / What Is Going On!! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.