Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! (467 Views)

Nigerian Embassies Facing Threats From Host Countries —senate / Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! by Nyceguy92: 3:13am On Jul 02, 2015
Anybody knows whether our missions overseas have access phone numbers other than those listed on their websites?

I have heard and read about complaints of Nigerians concerning poor and snobbish attitudes of those who work in our embassies.

Recently, I had a need to contact the Nigerian Consulate in New York by phone.

My people, I called several times in a day for 3 days.

Each time, an automated voice would run through the usual intro and ask you to press a number that corresponds to your problem area.

Each time, instead of connecting me to a definitive staff, the same voice would repeat the same intro.

Or a new voice would tell you "there is nobody to pick your call, bye bye," click and the line goes dead just like that.

I had to try the numbers one by one until, luckily, somebody picked up.

It is this same consulate that foreigners call for visa and other information before coming to Nigeria. And their impression? You guess.

One wonders whether the phones are for mere decoration and why a public officer would not sit down in his/her office and do his/her job.

The new administration needs to shine its torch on our missions abroad and carry out serious sanitization therein.
Re: Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! by generaliy07(m): 3:19am On Jul 02, 2015
Ok o

Meanwhile, read part three of the Diary of the village boy, A night of SHOCKS, get your Shock-resistant-Vest on before reading, lol

https://samueliyanu./2015/07/02/diary-of-a-regular-village-boy-3-the-evening-of-shocks/
Re: Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! by seedgreen(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2015
Following
Re: Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! by sinkhole: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmmm, Nigerians? we are all the same!
when you want something and people are "behaving one kain" in giving you that normal thing, we will complain to high heaven, but wjen it is our turn to give somebody a normal thing, then.....
Re: Nigerian Embassies Staff Need To Sit Up! by Nyceguy92: 5:01am On Jul 03, 2015
sinkhole:
Hmmmm, Nigerians? we are all the same!
when you want something and people are "behaving one kain" in giving you that normal thing, we will complain to high heaven, but wjen it is our turn to give somebody a normal thing, then.....

If you had the same experience, how would you have felt?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki / BBC Accused Of Making Fake Syria Chemical Attack / Gunmen Storm Zamfara Communities, Kill 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.