Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. (44365 Views)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / 5 Habits That Will Make You Poor For Life / Ten Reasons Why You Should Be An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2015
There are three habits that will constantly keep you as an employee even when you could have done more and become your own boss and boss people around with the green back rolling into your account as if it is nothing but once we are clinging to these type of habits when it comes to our source of livelihood we usually give adventure and perseverance the back seat of our life and here they are laid bare for you pause, think and ponder about your dreams and the dreams of another man,which one of them is more important?

(1)Youthful exuberance, Enthusiasm,Go get it done attitude and Always be the best.

A young graduate that lands a job with blue chip company or an outfit seems to have arrived and his dreams has finally come through and if there is one thing that has given him this new change in status, it is this job - This individual might likely spend all his entire time thinking and planning on how to become the best employee ,grow in the system and make use of this opportunity to become richer under the same outfit over the years.They will work very hard abandoning every other opportunity that isn't shiny like the very one they comfortably sit on but wait a minute; you're still an employee and you're simply making another man's dream to come through - How about your own dreams ,after all, every man has a dream too.I am not saying that one shouldn't work hard as an employee but don't work too hard and abandon your own dreams.

(2) I Can't abandon all these benefits and try being my own man, at least not now
You have now grown in the system over the years and the money is good and keep reeling in and your position in this outfit is guaranteed hence your hard work has paid off , you have free medical care and a travel itinerary that will run twice a year for any country of your choice on a tight schedule because your outfit needs you more,you begin to see the price you're paying when you begin to see the good ,the bad and the ugly people of your outfit and sometimes you just want to walk away but you can't because you're afraid to leave all these goodies behind, you don't have time to do anything else because over the years you've become a valuable asset and you simply do not own your life anymore ,even family life could be affected but here you are working to achieve another man's dream, you really wanted to leave but the fear of the unknown keeps you around and you're always afraid of what awaits you outside the comfy office you sit everyday churning out results for another man to build his own dreams, after all the money is coming in but now you've seen this money and it hasn't changed anything because your dream is still your dream and it haunts you sometimes but you've refused to let go - Is your dream that unimportant ? and again don't you think you would have achieved more than these benefits and rewards if you were your own boss?

(3) I can't pursue my dream(s) anymore - time has gone with your age.
Finally you've spent your entire productive age working your ass off for another man to achieve his dreams and age is no longer on your side, your dreams reflects across your mind every now and then but it seems to be more intense now that retirement is around the corner but you're too fragile, tired and cranky to try out any new idea due to the number of years you've spent as an employee doing just one thing and now you no longer have the zeal and enthusiasm to pursue your own dream vigorously but deep inside you this is what you have always wanted to be but this your job took all that away.And here you are a man that never lived his dream.

These three major scenario has completely left gurus of entrepreneurship, business tycoons and ideologists on the employee bench for life,churning out fantastic results for another man to build his own dream ,so I am charging each one and everyone of us today with a dream to sit down and ponder as you resume for work this morning and ask yourself again - Am I doing this job at the expense of my own dream(s) and begin to do the right thing now and become your own boss.You can never be rich and be influential by being an employee all your life unless you become the man who calls the shot.

59 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
This is a very encouraging and motivating piece. Our dreams should not suffer for any reason.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thank you bro. Entrepreneurship is obviously the way to go.

I know threads like this one won't go far. And that's because this topic requires thinking as opposed to those of celebrity and tribalism where only emotions run high.

Thanks for the message.

It's being my be a billionaire. And it's not fun for the sake of the cash itself. And I can't achieve that by working for another man or system without thinking of my own.

I've been thinking outside the box for months now. It was occasioned by my endless need for money.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Barcanista and Dearpreye ,did you guys download an app reading program for yourselves? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by naijaboiy: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Reading.

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Barcanista and Dearpreye ,did you guys download an app reading program for yourselves? cheesy

A man like me who's aware I have a lot to know can't avoid reading.....especially when money and career are involved.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Lovexme(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good read.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by ylaa(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
hhhh
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by kilokeys(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
We don see this ones sef?
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by justi4jesu(f): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
smiley smileyNice one.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:
Thank you bro. Entrepreneurship is obviously the way to go.

I know threads like this one won't go far. And that's because this topic requires thinking as opposed to those of celebrity and tribalism where only emotions run high.

Thanks for the message.

It's being my be a billionaire. And it's not fun for the sake of the cash itself. And I can't achieve that by working for another man or system without thinking of my own.

I've been thinking outside the box for months now. It was occasioned by my endless need for money.
Most times we would have done better by working for ourselves but because the other side of the divide seem a bit too comfortable we tend to abandon all our dreams just to help some other persons build their dreams and live their dreams on our back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
haha lol
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bye my Cutlass and Hoes shocked

Na Mechanized farming sure pass cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Precious91(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice one,Truckpusher.People are scared of taking risk not knowing they will soon turn to risk to be taken by someone.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Most times we would have done better by working for ourselves but because the other side of the divide seem a bit too comfortable we tend to abandon all our dreams just to help some other persons build their dreams and live their dreams on our back.
You are right! Someone like me that love to serve, I need to act fast grin

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by kilode100(f): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Noted.
I wil do as u said master.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
omojoshy:

Agriculture is the future of Nigeria.

Cars can run on some other medium in the future, but the stomach can only run on food. cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:

Fear. Fear. Our greatest undoing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by samintegrity(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nigeria will rise again
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by greatiyk4u(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Odiegwu........where is God's grace dat can change everytin
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
kilode100:
Hmmm
Na wao you too dey book space - End shall never wonder grin

3 Likes

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Dindondin(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
ok
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
omojoshy:

I'm sure you mean "Buy" my bro
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
greatiyk4u:
Odiegwu........where is God's grace dat can change everytin
You can change a lot by first changing your entire outlook on life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by dicksonadams(m): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
You can still fulfilled your dream working for someone.. Just make sure you also do thinks that make you happy... Engage in hubby that that you love and develop it. I work in a fiance institutions, I get paid an ok salary... But I love music... I bought all the music production equipment with the salary and weekend I do music production... And also other things I love

3 Likes

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by xynerise: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
When you are scared to fail, you will only end up procrastinating. Procrastination is the main route to failure.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / The Odocha Siblings: 3 Nigerians In The US Army (Photo) / 18 Countries Where Women Need Permission From Their Husbands To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.