Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? (6622 Views)

Canada Vs Netherland / Tale Of 2 Cities...Regina, Canada vs Lagos, Nigeria / The Easiest Country To Get Citizenship In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by ultrazone(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Which developed countries of the world offer the best/easiest options to settle down (PR) through school for international students from Africa (undergrad/post grad/single/married)? Feel free to add your inputs about other countries you are aware of. Let's discuss
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by gnykelly(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Canada. I can't talk too much
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Harmony222(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Australia. i cant shout.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by ultrazone(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Harmony222:
Australia. i cant shout.
gnykelly:
Canada. I can't talk too much
Can you please share your reasons?
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by tpiander: 5:25am On Jul 03, 2015
why are you asking.

do you intend to emigrate?
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by bossladymo1: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Australia!

2 Likes

Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by gnykelly(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2015
ultrazone:
Can you please share your reasons?

firstly, Canada has more mineral resources beneath it land than its people can use during our lifetime.

Canada drives on the right hand same as Nigeria, if you use your vehicle you can send it home to sell unlike Australia that drives on the right.

there economy is multi culture I.e. it's not driven by one product which make it not susceptible to dutch disease.

its location is strategic to Europe Asia Africa and south america in case you find yourself in international biz.

they have seen more black than Australia so don't worry about racism.

their economy is more stable. same as political

less population less pollution= cleaner environment longer life.
taxation OK

education OK.

but if you must go make sure you go through PR.

that all my brain can serve me for now.

5 Likes

Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by bossladymo1: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
He said easiest country to get PR via student visa....he isnt talking about which country is better.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by tpiander: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
^^^^^

I guess people assumed that's what he meant.

And he probably did though.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by gnykelly(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
bossladymo1:
He said easiest country to get PR via student visa....he isnt talking about which country is better.

bosslady I do follow your thread. what I think is that it is hard for students to get PR in Aussie.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 27, 2015
Mine is Canada.the provinces encourage u to stay...the federal govt too...they have streams to apply tru.based on my experience, I can say 95 percent of all the people I know that came to Canada as student have gotten their PR or Is still processing. I can't speak for Australia or USA .dunno how it works there.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 27, 2015
Ottawaguy:
Mine is Canada.the provinces encourage u to stay...the federal govt too...they have streams to apply tru.based on my experience, I can say 95 percent of all the people I know that came to Canada as student have gotten their PR or Is still processing. I can't speak for Australia or USA .dunno how it works there.
That was before the introduction of express entry though.
I believe Aussie as a similar program too(skillselect). One would have to wait a couple of years to see how the new programs would turn out. I know from a different immigration forum that recent Canadian grads are not happy with the current system especially those who schooled outside smaller provinces like Saskatchewan, Manitoba e.t.c. Probably it's a bit difficult nowadays since the introduction of labour market impact assessment.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 27, 2015
You right but also not everyone uses express entry,that only applies to federal applications. If the provinces nominated you,u won't need all that labour market assessment etc.its just basic provincial nominee... So its basically the provinces telling federal govt they want u to live and work in their provinces.Most times federal govt only do the security clearance and background etc.if u going tru Federal.. It's much tougher. I agree before the introduction of express entry it was much easier when applying tru Federal government but for provinces nothing has changed. And mind you,it's tougher in bigger provinces like Ontario and b.c even d basic provincial nominee. Saskatchewan and Manitoba still much better,just last week a friend informed me that Manitoba nominated him...all he did to qualify was study for a year in a different province and moved to Manitoba to work for a year with a single employer all tru.Federal govt is a no.no..esp since it now change to express entry,even if u graduated in Canada. Provincial nominee, u stand a better chance,that my opinion based on my experience and other folks experience though.
saxywale:

That was before the introduction of express entry though.
I believe Aussie as a similar program too(skillselect). One would have to wait a couple of years to see how the new programs would turn out. I know from a different immigration forum that recent Canadian grads are not happy with the current system especially those who schooled outside smaller provinces like Saskatchewan, Manitoba e.t.c. Probably it's a bit difficult nowadays since the introduction of labour market impact assessment.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Ottawaguy:
You right but also not everyone uses express entry,that only applies to federal applications. If the provinces nominated you,u won't need all that labour market assessment etc.its just basic provincial nominee... So its basically the provinces telling federal govt they want u to live and work in their provinces.Most times federal govt only do the security clearance and background etc.if u going tru Federal.. It's much tougher. I agree before the introduction of express entry it was much easier when applying tru Federal government but for provinces nothing has changed. And mind you,it's tougher in bigger provinces like Ontario and b.c even d basic provincial nominee. Saskatchewan and Manitoba still much better,just last week a friend informed me that Manitoba nominated him...all he did to qualify was study for a year in a different province and moved to Manitoba to work for a year with a single employer all tru.Federal govt is a no.no..esp since it now change to express entry,even if u graduated in Canada. Provincial nominee, u stand a better chance,that my opinion based on my experience and other folks experience though.
Yeah, why I emphasised the lmia was because most international grad became PR through Canadian experience class. The cec didn't require lmia back then before the introduction of EE. All that was required was one year work experience in Canada. But now a lot of grad are trying to get PR through pnp, the easy way out which in turn has created a huge backlog. Now some province take several months before nominating grads due to the upward surge in application.

I also believe your friend applied before the introduction of EE. Everything goes through EE now. Getting nominated by a province like Manitoba or sask gives an extra 600 points which helps to get a very good score in EE so the lmia won't be necessary just like you confirmed.

I am sure Manitoba was given an overall 5000 by cic for all nominations under its pnp, this includes family nomination, overseas, provincial grads e.t.c I don't know the exact breakdown i.e amount allocated for grads from the province and overseas skilled workers(including grads from outside the province). I know sask allocated 1000 for grads. These small numbers has create a huge backlog in their system. In fact, Manitoba has stopped nominating some profession for pnp has they already have more than enough applications from those profession.

The express entry system(which includes the old fsw, cec,pnp) as a whole is quite new and still going through some improvements. That's why I mentioned that we might have to wait couple of month/years to see how the new system would turn out.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
I agree with virtually everything you said except that every application has to go tru express entry,that is incorrect. It's all Federal applicants that goes tru express entry e.g federal skilled worker,Canadian experience call and skilled worker.If a province should nominate u tru their stream that has nothing to do with federal category... U will b good to go to apply for P.r just with d provincial nominee certificate alone and that d situation with my friend in Manitoba and he applied around march dis year keep in mind express entry was already been used then but that has nothing to do with his application cos it not a federal category he applied tru, all he needs his submit PR application directly using d nominee certificate.
saxywale:

Yeah, why I emphasised the lmia was because most international grad became PR through Canadian experience class. The cec didn't require lmia back then before the introduction of EE. All that was required was one year work experience in Canada. But now a lot of grad are trying to get PR through pnp, the easy way out which in turn has created a huge backlog. Now some province take several months before nominating grads due to the upward surge in application.

I also believe your friend applied before the introduction of EE. Everything goes through EE now. Getting nominated by a province like Manitoba or sask gives an extra 600 points which helps to get a very good score in EE so the lmia won't be necessary just like you confirmed.

I am sure Manitoba was given an overall 5000 by cic for all nominations under its pnp, this includes family nomination, overseas, provincial grads e.t.c I don't know the exact breakdown i.e amount allocated for grads from the province and overseas skilled workers(including grads from outside the province). I know sask allocated 1000 for grads. These small numbers has create a huge backlog in their system. In fact, Manitoba has stopped nominating some profession for pnp has they already have more than enough applications from those profession.

The express entry system(which includes the old fsw, cec,pnp) as a whole is quite new and still going through some improvements. That's why I mentioned that we might have to wait couple of month/years to see how the new system would turn out.
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 28, 2015
Ottawaguy:
I agree with virtually everything you said except that every application has to go tru express entry,that is incorrect. It's all Federal applicants that goes tru express entry e.g federal skilled worker,Canadian experience call and skilled worker.If a province should nominate u tru their stream that has nothing to do with federal category... U will b good to go to apply for P.r just with d provincial nominee certificate alone and that d situation with my friend in Manitoba and he applied around march dis year keep in mind express entry was already been used then but that has nothing to do with his application cos it not a federal category he applied tru, all he needs his submit PR application directly using d nominee certificate.
Interesting, would research further on it.

Modified:
You are correct about the pnp being separate from federal express entry. I have been confusing manitoba's expresson of interest with CIC's express entry. Just read up on the programs. For 2015, Manitoba has been given 5000 slots for all pnp streams and 500 slots for express entry system making a total of 5500.

The 5000 pnp are selected from draws based on a ranking system from a pool called ''expression of interest'' which opened around march 2015. This system is very similar to the federal ''Express entry'' based on the fact that they both use factors like adaptability, age, language skills, work experience e.t.c to rank candidates in a pool.

Got the below from immigratemanitoba website.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba: (Graduates from Canadian institutions fall under this stream, to be eligible for the pool, provincial grad need 6 months of work experience in Manitoba while graduates from other province need 1 year of work experience in Manitoba).
Immigration through the MPNP is a three-step process.
Step 1: Submit an Expression of Interest
Step 2: The highest-scoring qualified candidates with a connection to Manitoba are invited to submit an MPNP application.
Step 3: Following a thorough assessment, the MPNP nominates successful candidates to make a separate application to the Government of Canada for permanent resident visas for you and your family.

Your friend is fortunate, he applied just at the right time. Most of those those that applied early 2014 under manitoba pnp before the introduction of expression of interest have not received a nomination certificate not to mention applying to CIC. So that likely means your friend applied using the new process, and since he already has a nomination within the space of 5 months, that means the processing time is short.
The timeline below is what a friend living in Manitoba sent me, he applied for his brother in 2013:
MPNP online application: 04, December, 2013
Application received by Manitoba: 08.12.2013
Assessment (pending): 01.08.2014
Assessment in Process: 03.07.2015
Applicant Interview: 07.07.2015
Sponsor interview: 09.07.2015
Nomination-LOA (now called LAA under the new system): 24.07.2015

So processing time has been shortened from an average of around 2 years to just under 5 months. That's great!
Re: USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? by Elixir123: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2016
hello pls I would like to ask: which is easier to get a PR visa through, is it the express entry or the pnp?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Armenia. / Help: Going To Ghana / Travel Abroad For Employment And / Or For Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.