Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones (2527 Views)

FG Draws 3-year Plan For Major Roads In Six Geopolitical Zones / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 02, 2015
Please those who have reliable information on the subject above should help me out.

i also want to know what extant law backs up the creation of this geopolitical zones and the emergence of representatives and senators for this zones.

Barcanista, Lalasticlala ,mogidi, anonimi and others who can help pls do
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by axiliborha(f): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by glimpse33(m): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2015
angry
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2015
one dulla.rd, for making the northerners favoured
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2015
go read ur geography textbuk..... and wait u need to transport fare to go ask google
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by eph12(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2015
Four posts and one view? GMB has a lot of work to do. cry
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2015
axiliborha:
grin

do you know that i see you as a man??grin
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by bigass(f): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Abacha after the confab in 1995
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
Please those who have reliable information on the subject above should help me out.

i also want to know what extant law backs up the creation of this geopolitical zones and the emergence of representatives and senators for this zones.

That should be Abacha's creation. However, there is no LAW backing this as it hasn't been infused into our constitution. It's is just an administrative arrangement

1 Like

Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Ochiske(m): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

do you know that i see you as a man??grin
hahahahahahahagringringrin
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2015
bigass:
Abacha after the confab in 1995

is there a law backing it up?
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by osaslord500(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2015
cry cry

BOKOHARAM
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by osaslord500(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2015
cry cry
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
It was Alex Ekwueme's recommendations as a member of the defunct Abacha Draft Constitutional Committee. The north seeing that it favoured them, wasted no time in adopting it informally then.
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by joseph1832(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:

I believe it was Sani Abacha. It was all his grand scheme when he wanted to transform from a military head of state to civilian president. He said it that he wanted six(6) vice president, each from the current geopolitical zone we have now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
That should be Abacha's creation. However, there is no LAW backing this as it hasn't been infused into our constitution. It's is just an administrative arrangement

An illegality and better be scraped so that a better arrangement can be put in place with the input of the masses.

i learnt it was done on the orders of OIC
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by mistabiola: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by funstufz: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:

One cannot but wonder who divided Nigeria in the first place.

Nothing about the so-called 'Geopolitical Zones' was mentioned in the Constitution of this Great Nation

Me think it is one of the hidden agendas of the enemies of this great nation...

God Shame them ALL..
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by mistabiola: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:

The Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria is a major constitutional division in Nigeria, created during the regime of president Ibrahim Babangida. Nigerian economic, political and educational resources are often shared across the zones. cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Legitbaba(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
It was me!
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
It was Alex Ekwueme's recommendations as a member of the defunct Abacha Draft Constitutional Committee. The north seeing that it favoured them, wasted no time in adopting it informally then.

proofs pls
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2015
mistabiola:

The Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria is a major constitutional division in Nigeria, created during the regime of president Ibrahim Babangida. Nigerian economic, political and educational resources are often shared across the zones. cheesy cheesy
That is wikipedia definition (but it isn't correct). It was Sani Abacha and was a product of the Abacha's 1995 confab. IBB left power in 1993.
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 02, 2015
funstufz:

One cannot but wonder who divided Nigeria in the first place.

Nothing about the so-called 'Geopolitical Zones' was mentioned in the Constitution of this Great Nation

Me think it is one of the hidden agendas of the enemies of this great nation...

God Shame them ALL..
My brother, this so-called 6 zones is one funny arrangement. On what basis did they come up with the zoning? It is illegal anyway and informal. It cannot be scrapped because technically it doesn't exist.
Re: Who Divided Nigeria Into Geopolitical Zones by mistabiola: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
That is wikipedia definition (but it isn't correct). It was Sani Abacha and was a product of the Abacha's 1995 confab. IBB left power in 1993.

undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ipob...two Million Man Peaceful Protest Loading!!!!! / Joint Communique Issued At The End Of Emergency Between NLC And TUC / STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.