Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Fitness 101 - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fitness 101 (50116 Views)

GLAUCOMA 101 - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Fitness Without Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 5:40am On Aug 08, 2015
damiso:
cheesy cheesy embarassedspirit of laziness indeed

wanted to do JM this morning but by the time I woke up after pressing my snooze button I realised no time esp with tube strike. I sha quickly did 50 weighted squats, 4x reps of 40 secs plank jacks and 20 press ups.

Will try to get some more exercise in after work, fancy some outdoor activity so maybe I will go for a run/jog later in the evening.

I don't know how I will cope with the darker nights in the winter cos I prefer outdoor running/jogging to running on the treadmill. but I cant let some psycho stalk me on this crazy London streets and parks.

Lol @ psych stalker! cheesy cheesy

Yeah, been thinking about that one too. I can't see myself compromising my run for anything else. How I go do am during the working week at winter? Short of begging hubby to come jog with me (for protection), I can't think of anything else. Or maybe I should go by myself one mean-looking Alsatian / German Shepard.

So you went to work during the tube strike? I worked from home oh! Till 12 midnight. angry angry Got to the point I was so tired that while drafting up a doc, I was intending to type *** administration but instead typed *** nursery school. You see ma life? cheesy cheesy

And lemme confess, for the first time in months, I ate Eba and Ogbolo soup that morning. Can you imagine it? Infact, I can't take the blame for that. I blame hubby for cooking that wicked soup, and London Transport for holding that tube strike. grin grin
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 6:43am On Aug 08, 2015
kiss kiss
I couldn't care less where the scale is concerned na fat loss be my business cheesy
edwife:
@zemaye well done girl!

You have done it,i always tell people to avoid the scale-rather mind your dress size. cheesy

It feels good innit?now you gonna work hard on keeping it this way. kiss

Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2015
kiss kiss
I couldn't care less where the scale is concerned na fat loss be my business cheesy
edwife:
@zemaye well done girl!

You have done it,i always tell people to avoid the scale-rather mind your dress size. cheesy

It feels good innit?now you gonna work hard on keeping it this way. kiss

Chillis:

Your fasting helped you. Now it time to tone up the muscle.
Allez, on y va!
All join o grin
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2015
zemaye:
Chillis
Kimoni
Naijababe
Edwife
Sayoberry
Damiso
Bukatyne
And others too numerous to mention
I yaf arrife o
Yes.
As Chillis talk when you workout you no go know when you dey reverse for mirror daily to check yourself out.
I don finish my fast na bumpa to bumpa now with the fitfam movement.
Make una see my denim we just begin enter
The black pant is my old pair that has refuse to seat on my waist anymore

Well done zemaye. You are the babe! Abeg recover well from the fast before you start work out biko
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol @ psych stalker! cheesy cheesy

Yeah, been thinking about that one too. I can't see myself compromising my run for anything else. How I go do am during the working week at winter? Short of begging hubby to come jog with me (for protection), I can't think of anything else. Or maybe I should go by myself one mean-looking Alsatian / German Shepard.

So you went to work during the tube strike? I worked from home oh! Till 12 midnight. angry angry Got to the point I was so tired that while drafting up a doc, I was intending to type *** administration but instead typed *** nursery school. You see ma life? cheesy cheesy

And lemme confess, for the first time in months, I ate Eba and Ogbolo soup that morning. Can you imagine it? Infact, I can't take the blame for that. I blame hubby for cooking that wicked soup, and London Transport for holding that tube strike. grin grin

So you will turn to another of the dog people grin grin grin Na so we go dey battle dog and stalker together grin

You are lucky now hubby can come with you for me hubby is with the kids while am out embarassed

Congrats on joining the 60's club let me sef share testimony I got into a size 12 top yesterday (don't let me deceive myself too much it was Next grin I think their clothes run a bit big)but am sha still happy used to wear their 14.

Everyone one who sees me first thing they say if you have lost weight and am grinning smugly cheesy though I have had a couple say am looking sick angry

One thing Abeg my sisters my aunties are shrinking(by aunties I mean my bosoms) Abeg what can we do about this wan o,that one I don't like angry
Re: Fitness 101 by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2015
zemaye:
Chillis
Kimoni
Naijababe
Edwife
Sayoberry
Damiso
Bukatyne
And others too numerous to mention
I yaf arrife o
Yes.
As Chillis talk when you workout you no go know when you dey reverse for mirror daily to check yourself out.
I don finish my fast na bumpa to bumpa now with the fitfam movement.
Make una see my denim we just begin enter
The black pant is my old pair that has refuse to seat on my waist anymore

Kudos dearie

Please rest well o!
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 10:52am On Aug 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Queen oh! I stepped on the scale 3 days ago and guess what? My reading was 69.99kg!!!

And a day later, it came further down to 69.0kg!! ***Dancing Azonto here*** cheesy cheesy

But I know what's caused it sha ....STRESS!

So much stress from work to meet deadlines and hand in deliverables. Been doing very early morning starts, finishing late nights and not getting more than a couple of hours sleep. But you know what, the more stress I got, the more I exercised like crazy. I mean I had to. The environment I work in, it's not uncommon for people to turn to cocaine or commit suicides. So my own stress relief na to hit the streets and work it all out.

I never for once missed my 30 mins lower-abs workout / sit-ups and 30 mins run every morning. Still do my 30-45 min swim class and 1 hr run on Saturdays too.

Breakfast has been nothing other than a squeezed lime and lemon in a very large glass of warm (almost hot water), 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes, and sometimes, a couple of cucumber slices. Lunch at work has religiously been cold salads. All greens available - lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, shredded carrots, sweet corn, grilled chicken pieces, mackerel, chick peas, green peas, and half a spoon of pasta - if space still remain to add am. Oh, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Then two bananas for tea and a litre of water for the whole afternoon. We've even got a scheme going: buy 4 get the 5th one free. Got my fifth free 1ltr bottle of Evian water today. smiley

More fruits in the evenings and anything else - but definitely no rice / yams / poundo, etc anymore. smiley smiley

69.0 kg...Yayyy!!

CC: Chillis / Chilisauce, I don enter the 60's group oh! smiley

Good morning dear, congrats on your new weight. Please I have a question, how do you manage stress, eating clean and exercising at the same time, don't you feel weak or sick? I noticed lately that I feel so weak if I exercise and eat clean too, or could it be cos am still breastfeeding?
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Damn! My knees are killing me, JM level 2 wants to take my knees out cry.
I am going back to level one, will increase my weights, increase intensity if can and combine with one of those beachbody challenges to include some variety.

Well done y'all really good stories here. I am a comfortable size 10 now and do not wish to shrink any further. My eating habits have become a lifestyle which is grand and I don't have to miss out on much, I just cut my sugar intake and reduced my carbs intake. My greatest enemies are bread and pasta, so I don't eat them anymore (except for when I cheat with French pastries, but never more than once a fortnight).
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2015
opella:

Good morning dear, congrats on your new weight. Please I have a question, how do you manage stress, eating clean and exercising at the same time, don't you feel weak or sick? I noticed lately that I feel so weak if I exercise and eat clean too, or could it be cos am still breastfeeding?

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2015
Kimoni:

That opella be real winch o grin see all she is doing, we should change the word dedication to opella in the dictionary sef.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2015
Kimoni:

naijababe:

That opella be real winch o grin see all she is doing, we should change the word dedication to opella in the dictionary sef.

@kimoni, that's the cause right?
@naijababe, I envy you guys that are done with child bearing, at times I feel like giving up knowing that I will gain back weight once I become pregnant again cry
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2015
naijababe:

My sister I support you.

Opella=dedication

In short, I need some opella in every aspect of my life right now
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2015
Kimoni:

My sister I support you.

Opella=dedication

In short, I need some opella in every aspect of my life right now

Lol, you guys are cracking me up, am not that dedicated, just that I 've experienced being fat and I don't want to go back to that experience again. There is one kind of confidence that comes with being fit.
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2015
opella:

@kimoni, that's the cause right?
@naijababe, I envy you guys that are done with child bearing, at times I feel like giving up knowing that I will gain back weight once I become pregnant again cry

Opella, I think you need to slow down...for real

Level 1, Level 2 plus breastfeeding ie feeding 2 people concurrently and the stress of life in general

Pls slow down...there's no way you won't feel faint

I remeber Efe advising me some months back not to take up any tedious workout cuz I was bf and now you are combining all these...too much for the body to take in at once. You are just a supermom!
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Kimoni:

Level 1, Level 2 plus breastfeeding ie feeding 2 people concurrently and the stress of life in general

I remeber Efe advising me some months back not to take up any tedious workout cuz I was bf and now you are combining all these...too much for the body to take in at once. You are just a supermom!

Thanks dear, I will definitely slow down, maybe exercising 3x a week.

3 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kimoni:

I agree with Kimoni slow down and listen to your body.If you break down you won't be able to exercise AT ALL so take it easy.I know someone whose doctor has banned from any form of cardio at all till some tests are carried out.

It's all good being fit but like all things in life you need a balance.
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
opella:

Thanks dear.

I think you're doing too much too soon. Cut down on the exercises for starters. Secondly, sounds like you aren't nourishing your body enough - and you're breastfeeding. How old is your baby? Did you have normal delivery or C-section?

Eating clean doesn't mean you have to starve your body of essential nourishments. That explains your weakness / tiredness. But mist importantly, you need to sleep girl. Getting enough rest is just as important as exercising. You need to give your
body time to recover.

There is no rush. This is a lifestyle you're adopting for life hopefully, so pls do go easy on yourself.

Exercise is meant to reduce stress. It's an outlet, but you've got to do it in moderation. If the tiredness persists, then I suggest speaking to your doctor.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Opella, I don't want to rain on your parade o but that is a lot that you are doing there. Eating clean and moderate exercise should be not make you weak. You are probably overdoing things and overwhelming your body.
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks dear.

I think you're doing too much too soon. Cut down on the exercises for starters. Secondly, sounds like you aren't nourishing your body enough - and you're breastfeeding. How old is your baby? Did you have normal delivery or C-section?

Eating clean doesn't mean you have to starve your body of essential nourishments. That explains your weakness / tiredness. But mist importantly, you need to sleep girl. Getting enough rest is just as important as exercising. You need to give your
body time to recover.

There is no rush. This is a lifestyle you're adopting for life hopefully, so pls do go easy on yourself.

Exercise is meant to reduce stress. It's an outlet, but you've got to do it in moderation. If the tiredness persists, then I suggest speaking to your doctor.

Thanks, my baby is 7 months, I had normal delivery. I will exercise lightly and eat moderately too.

naijababe:
Opella, I don't want to rain on your parade o but that is a lot that you are doing there. Eating clean and moderate exercise should be not make you weak. You are probably overdoing things and overwhelming your body.

Thanks, will take it easy.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Documenting my journey to fitness to a leaner body. My trouser a year ago and trouser today. grin......as damiso told me once you conquer food, the rest is easy.

3 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
naijababe:
Documenting my journey to fitness to a leaner body. My trouser a year ago and trouser today. grin......as damiso told me once you conquer food, the rest is easy.

No be me o Na one of all those numerous Fitness winches from I follow that I got that from. Typical of me to just saturate my brain with nutrition info.

That food struggle is real grin it's soo hard to stay motivated and today I was craving almond croissant grin grin like Kilode.and its your fault embarassed angry will definitely avoid pret like a plague next week

Well done on your journey
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Queen oh! I stepped on the scale 3 days ago and guess what? My reading was 69.99kg!!!

And a day later, it came further down to 69.0kg!! ***Dancing Azonto here*** cheesy cheesy

But I know what's caused it sha ....STRESS!

So much stress from work to meet deadlines and hand in deliverables. Been doing very early morning starts, finishing late nights and not getting more than a couple of hours sleep. But you know what, the more stress I got, the more I exercised like crazy. I mean I had to. The environment I work in, it's not uncommon for people to turn to cocaine or commit suicides. So my own stress relief na to hit the streets and work it all out.

I never for once missed my 30 mins lower-abs workout / sit-ups and 30 mins run every morning. Still do my 30-45 min swim class and 1 hr run on Saturdays too.

Breakfast has been nothing other than a squeezed lime and lemon in a very large glass of warm (almost hot water), 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes, and sometimes, a couple of cucumber slices. Lunch at work has religiously been cold salads. All greens available - lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, shredded carrots, sweet corn, grilled chicken pieces, mackerel, chick peas, green peas, and half a spoon of pasta - if space still remain to add am. Oh, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Then two bananas for tea and a litre of water for the whole afternoon. We've even got a scheme going: buy 4 get the 5th one free. Got my fifth free 1ltr bottle of Evian water today. smiley

More fruits in the evenings and anything else - but definitely no rice / yams / poundo, etc anymore. smiley smiley

69.0 kg...Yayyy!!

CC: Chillis / Chilisauce, I don enter the 60's group oh! smiley

Nice work.
You really are working very hard.

I have fallen these few days ehn but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Enjoy your 60s weight. It's worth it
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
U can never know that what u r looking for in sokoto is in shokoyo.

I discovered an amazing track side yesterday.
So close to my house.
So today I brisk walked for one hour there climbing hill. Up and down. Jogging there is suicide mission but will try as time goes on.
My legs were shaking.
Nothing like open air! cheesy
Absolutely my best!

Tomorrow I will snap d hills. Breathtaking views.

I won't check my weight but I knew what I was weighing d day I left hospital. I'm giving myself 3months.

2 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
cheesy kiss kiss
naijababe:
that what we are talking about sweet,
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
EfemenaXY
Oya throw party for us jor abi you don enter 60's
Moca
cheesy
I dey wait the pics o!
Take is slow and steady
Hope baby is doing great. cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
zemaye:
EfemenaXY
Oya throw party for us jor abi you don enter 60's
Moca
cheesy
I dey wait the pics o!
Take is slow and steady
Hope baby is doing great. cheesy

Hi hon, baby is great o.
Thanks for asking.

Will snap the view for sure.
But can't go near d hilly rocks cos I heard boa constrictors live there.
I dey fear bgwari people too.
I'm def taking it slow and steady. Body never strong gan gan.
How ur side dey?

As per lady,infact damsel Efe, she is one hell of a very stubborn determining babe.
And she sure is encouraging me spiritually tongue kiss cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Finally Day 20 done...

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
naijababe:

I envy u..rili trying to conquer food here. D fact dt hubby isn't into eating healthy is not making it easy at all and unfortunately, I'm d one packing + showing all d glory of d unhealthy food while hubby remain gracefully lean. I hope to conquer smday. I'm back home now,did Jillian's level 2 again today..I av to check my last post here to know day what I am.

opella:

Thanks dear, I will definitely slow down, maybe exercising 3x a week.
Opella, d workout guru. I love your determination.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Zemaye, I try small grin

Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Boy Survives After Being Mauled By 2 Dogs Who Opened His Head. Graphic Photos / COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force / Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.